Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

oil light buzzer problems mk2 golf driver DRIVING ME NUTTY

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
zecho

oil light buzzer problems mk2 golf driver DRIVING ME NUTTY Empty
PostSubject: oil light buzzer problems mk2 golf driver DRIVING ME NUTTY   oil light buzzer problems mk2 golf driver DRIVING ME NUTTY I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13 2010, 15:22

this problem is driving me up the wall basically when you drive the car in fourth gear and your rev range drops below or to 2000rpm the buzzer comes on flashing lots of noise etc but when you drop to third it goes off..

This used to be the only time it happened but over time the car has started to do it in third gear when the revs drop to 200 - 2500 rpm which means the buzzer is going off during town driving which is a real nusiance

has anyone experienced this and do they know if it is just a simple job of cutting the wire that goes to the oil sensor if so which wire cause i have heard this is the way to go if experiencing these problems but not sure wether to attempt it for fear of ruining my electrics..

many thanks
Charlie
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: oil light buzzer problems mk2 golf driver DRIVING ME NUTTY   oil light buzzer problems mk2 golf driver DRIVING ME NUTTY I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14 2010, 01:07

I know of several people who can put their hands up and say they ignored the light and the engines were lost because they were suffering from low oil pressure. Others will tell you that there are know reasons the light and alarm go off that are not a real issue with the engine.

First thing would be to make sure the engine is not suffering from low oil pressure. Do an oil/filter change and put in the best oil you can. If the problem still exists then then get a pressure test done, if the results are fine then I would change the sensors and check the wiring but the description you give is similar to mine and my engine started to seized in the end. My brother in laws went the same way. Mad
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: oil light buzzer problems mk2 golf driver DRIVING ME NUTTY   oil light buzzer problems mk2 golf driver DRIVING ME NUTTY I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14 2010, 04:04

might be worth removing the sump and making sure the srainer isn't blocked............if not u might have an oil pump issue Sad
Back to top Go down
brindle
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
brindle

PostSubject: Re: oil light buzzer problems mk2 golf driver DRIVING ME NUTTY   oil light buzzer problems mk2 golf driver DRIVING ME NUTTY I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14 2010, 09:29

Pressure sensor

blocked strainer

oil and filter

oil pump

worse case - shells

I did all of the above after having exactly the same!

Start with the cheapest - sensor
if you have to take the sump off you may aswell change all of the above anyway!

That was my thought anyway!
Relatively inexpensive for all of it
Back to top Go down
louisv6
louisv6

PostSubject: Re: oil light buzzer problems mk2 golf driver DRIVING ME NUTTY   oil light buzzer problems mk2 golf driver DRIVING ME NUTTY I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29 2010, 13:04

don't ignore it... might be something bad.

Lost oil pressure on my Golf 2 once and ended up with a conrod-shaped hole in the side of my engine block (while doing 80 on the M1 in the "fast lane"). Not good.

On the other hand, I had a Polo which wouldn't ever shut up with the buzzing. I eventually took the clocks out, found the buzzer and hit it with a big hammer. Never buzzed again (and never exploded either).

I neither endorse nor recommend either of the above two options, mind...
Back to top Go down
louisv6
louisv6

PostSubject: Re: oil light buzzer problems mk2 golf driver DRIVING ME NUTTY   oil light buzzer problems mk2 golf driver DRIVING ME NUTTY I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29 2010, 13:05

just realised this is a *really* old post... I guess not a lot goes on around here Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: oil light buzzer problems mk2 golf driver DRIVING ME NUTTY   oil light buzzer problems mk2 golf driver DRIVING ME NUTTY I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

oil light buzzer problems mk2 golf driver DRIVING ME NUTTY
Page 1 of 1