Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

rolling road day.

Go down 
+10
adzG60
Fitzy
vwdeviant
PremiumVeeDub
YA55ER
Dashworth
wilko26
Calimori
PINKY
Ginger
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
YA55ER
Nomad
Nomad
YA55ER

rolling road day. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: rolling road day.   rolling road day. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08 2010, 14:00

Just emailed my local place see what the chap says
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: rolling road day.   rolling road day. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08 2010, 14:30

nice one matey. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dashworth
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
Dashworth

PostSubject: Re: rolling road day.   rolling road day. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08 2010, 14:35

you can stick my name down...

1.dashworth
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: rolling road day.   rolling road day. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08 2010, 15:26

1. Ginger
2. Alan
3. Dashworth
Back to top Go down
YA55ER
Nomad
Nomad
YA55ER

PostSubject: Re: rolling road day.   rolling road day. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09 2010, 05:25

this is the reply i got everyone, they have a 4wd dyno and can get low cars on there with no trouble

Hi Yasser,

Thanks for your enquiry.

We can entertain a rolling road day for you. We can offer you a service which not many rolling places can offer with a huge amount of attention to detail for every car.

We dyno every car to the point until the power is consistent rather than a set number of runs.

You get the following:

- Power @ Wheels

- Torque @ Wheels

- Flywheel Power

- Flywheel Torque

- Air Fuel Ratio / Lambda

- Boost (Psi/Bar)

Graphs will be given in both paper format and emailed to you/put on a USB stick in JPEG format.

We also have one of the most powerful fans in the industry which will ensure the best possible results from your cars. As an example, we dyno supercharged Dodge Vipers which produce in excess of 700bhp and they do not get hot on the dyno.

For anything over 10 cars we can offer you £40 per car. Our limit is 20 – 25 cars. Anything beyond that and we cannot spend enough time on each car.

I will say that you probably can get a cheaper price elsewhere but it is highly unlikely you’ll get the same level of service and power figures which you can actually compare!

Look forward to your reply.
Back to top Go down
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

PostSubject: Re: rolling road day.   rolling road day. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09 2010, 05:31

Sounds good to me...
Back to top Go down
PINKY
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
PINKY

PostSubject: Re: rolling road day.   rolling road day. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09 2010, 05:42

Yes does sound good Very Happy

Like it has been said before...we will need to get money before from everyone that have said they are coming.
Back to top Go down
http://stephanie.routledge@hotmail.co.uk
L55KE B
Nomad
Nomad
L55KE B

PostSubject: Re: rolling road day.   rolling road day. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09 2010, 05:51

Right Just rang DSA in Aylesbury for a chat and they do club dyno runs but it has to be on a Saturday as they actually close down the workshop to accommodate us.
They would like to see at least 15-20 cars and the price is £40 per car for 3-4 runs each with full printouts etc
They check over each car to make sure its safe to go on the dyno eg oil level, tyre pressures etc and thay can also offer a check over before the day for people (like me) that are worried the engine might go bang due to pre-detonation etc
They have a full viewing area and also a big screen so every1 can see how each others cars are performing etc
They have a 4wd dyno and he said that low cars are not a problem and wide wheels, stretched tyres etc is also fine.

Probably forgot some info as I had quite a long chat with them, I think the guy said he will sign up to the forum so he can give more info if needed and answer any questions people might have aswell.
Back to top Go down
DYNOGUY
DYNOGUY

PostSubject: Re: rolling road day.   rolling road day. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09 2010, 05:57

Hi guys. As above I have joined and will be here to answer your questions.

Cheers
Iain
Back to top Go down
DYNOGUY
DYNOGUY

PostSubject: Re: rolling road day.   rolling road day. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09 2010, 06:25

Our Dyno is a Dyno Dynamics and runs upto 1200 bhp (front wheel drive)
We normaly start our club days at 08:30 and run to till around 5 pm if we have a full booking form of 20+ cars. Each car is normaly on the rollers for around 15 minutes once it has been set up. We will keep an eye on all things while running your cars and at the 1st sign of any problems we will abort the run and shut the car off. A lot of clubs we have down often bring magazine people with them to cover the days so if you want a magazine to cover your event that is not a problem just let us know who they are and we can send them details of the days events. We also tell clubs that to make the days a little better why not get a small trophy for the best bhp, it always seems to make the day end with a smile.

I hope this answers a few of the questions that will probably enter your heads.

Cheers
Iain
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: rolling road day.   rolling road day. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09 2010, 09:05

thanks very much ain (and luke) for all your help and information. Will definatly need to organise something with u guys
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: rolling road day.   rolling road day. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09 2010, 09:06

that all sounds good to me i'm well up for this when ever is good for anyone else. Smile
Back to top Go down
DYNOGUY
DYNOGUY

PostSubject: Re: rolling road day.   rolling road day. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09 2010, 09:35

Thats great news guys, Not sure if your interested? We have a club day booked in on 27th March with a local subaru club. You are more than welcome to come down and see what goes on and I will be more than happy to chat with you.

Cheers
Iain
Back to top Go down
DYNOGUY
DYNOGUY

PostSubject: Re: rolling road day.   rolling road day. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09 2010, 09:52

Below is a map of where we are.

rolling road day. - Page 2 Map

4-5 Edison Road
Aylesbury
Bucks
HP19 8TE
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: rolling road day.   rolling road day. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09 2010, 10:35

i will give you guys a call as i need to get my car 'set up ' correctly before the track/santapod season
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: rolling road day.   rolling road day. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09 2010, 10:47

Good news, will this include any "Tweaking time"? The Anni's running a "Cam" and "Chip" but doesn't feel as "peppy" as it should...
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
DYNOGUY
DYNOGUY

PostSubject: Re: rolling road day.   rolling road day. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09 2010, 11:05

If there are a few of you that need things checked I am sure we can sort a group price for the couple of weeks leading up to the day. Let us know in addvance what chips or ecu's you are running so we can make sure we have the correct programs to read them. We also do full re-maps and dyno set ups at a great price.

Iain
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: rolling road day.   rolling road day. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09 2010, 11:28

what sort of price would i be looking at for a remap on a 04 leon cupra 1.8 20vt.?
Back to top Go down
DYNOGUY
DYNOGUY

PostSubject: Re: rolling road day.   rolling road day. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09 2010, 11:33

I will check prices tomorrow and get back to you if thats ok.
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: rolling road day.   rolling road day. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09 2010, 11:34

thats fine mate. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dashworth
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
Dashworth

PostSubject: Re: rolling road day.   rolling road day. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09 2010, 11:40

oh! and me, just a quote mind, i have a mk5 golf 1.9 tdi se

a remap might be nice
Back to top Go down
DYNOGUY
DYNOGUY

PostSubject: Re: rolling road day.   rolling road day. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09 2010, 11:51

I will check tomorrow if you both have mapable ecu's? If not I am sure there are things we can talk about.
Back to top Go down
DYNOGUY
DYNOGUY

PostSubject: Re: rolling road day.   rolling road day. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10 2010, 04:58

Checking up on both. We can not map the standard ecu on the car but we do a piggy back for both cars or complete ecu upgrades The piggy back is a great bit of kit and it wont break the bank. Have a read up on the unichip Q+. They work for both petrol and tdi's If you want to chat more about these give us a call on 01296 420000.

Cheers
Iain
Back to top Go down
adzG60
Admin
Admin
adzG60

PostSubject: Re: rolling road day.   rolling road day. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10 2010, 07:36

thanks for the info on the dyno runs lain, hopefully this is something we can get sorted out as would be a great day out
Back to top Go down
http://nomadsvw.co.uk
Ginger
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: rolling road day.   rolling road day. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15 2010, 16:44

so how we getting on with this.?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rolling road day.   rolling road day. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

rolling road day.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next