Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Surrey Rolling Road 8th August, Guildford

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Dude
The Dude

Surrey Rolling Road 8th August, Guildford Empty
PostSubject: Surrey Rolling Road 8th August, Guildford   Surrey Rolling Road 8th August, Guildford I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24 2009, 04:14

Hi guys, this is a Corrado Forum organised meet, but thought I'd see if any of youse guys wanted to come and beef up the numbers a bit as we don't mind any car coming along.

taken from the CF:
Quote :
we are booked in for Saturday the 8th of August!

To clarify the day will be at the cost of £35 per person and I would like all that attend to make a small donation (what ever you can afford) to the forum which I can either collect on the day and pass onto Andi or you can send your donation direct with paypal

On the day, each and every car will be put on the rollers for 3 power runs - after which the best run will be printed and presented in a nice plastic wallet for you to keep in your records. Generally runs work in the order of first come fist served but should you need a specific time due to other arrangements let me know and I'll do my best to keep you accomodated.

These are always great fun and it's always nice to get everyone together for pics etc - yes Mistrall there will be pintage afterwards too

So, thats 3 runs for £35 and a nice dyno printout too. As far as I am aware, no deposits will be taken, just turn up on the day (morning) and pay your fee there and then. They take credit cards!

Anyone?
Back to top Go down
The Dude
The Dude

PostSubject: Re: Surrey Rolling Road 8th August, Guildford   Surrey Rolling Road 8th August, Guildford I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30 2009, 04:43

bump bump, just over a week to go.....come on lads and ladies, don't ya want to see some super and turbo charged VRs doing their thing?
Back to top Go down
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

PostSubject: Re: Surrey Rolling Road 8th August, Guildford   Surrey Rolling Road 8th August, Guildford I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30 2009, 05:14

Where is it?

Edit - Guildford, clue's in the title, OK Very Happy

Need an MOT first.
Back to top Go down
The Dude
The Dude

PostSubject: Re: Surrey Rolling Road 8th August, Guildford   Surrey Rolling Road 8th August, Guildford I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30 2009, 05:49

KT16 0EE

http://www.surreyrollingroad.co.uk/how_to_find_us.php
Back to top Go down
The Dude
The Dude

PostSubject: Re: Surrey Rolling Road 8th August, Guildford   Surrey Rolling Road 8th August, Guildford I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31 2009, 03:31

OK dudes, can you post if you wanna come as we are trying to get an idea of numbers, there are some spare spaces that may go to other forums/car makes!

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

PostSubject: Re: Surrey Rolling Road 8th August, Guildford   Surrey Rolling Road 8th August, Guildford I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31 2009, 03:47

Sorry, wanted to but MOT date and delays in remap mean not possible now.

Almost tempted to dyno the AMG, almost Smile
Back to top Go down
The Dude
The Dude

PostSubject: Re: Surrey Rolling Road 8th August, Guildford   Surrey Rolling Road 8th August, Guildford I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31 2009, 03:49

do it! Smile
Back to top Go down
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

PostSubject: Re: Surrey Rolling Road 8th August, Guildford   Surrey Rolling Road 8th August, Guildford I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31 2009, 04:13

You can dyno an automatic, right? (dumb question maybe)
Back to top Go down
The Dude
The Dude

PostSubject: Re: Surrey Rolling Road 8th August, Guildford   Surrey Rolling Road 8th August, Guildford I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31 2009, 04:15

yeah pretty sure you can, they do it in top gear.
Back to top Go down
The Dude
The Dude

PostSubject: Re: Surrey Rolling Road 8th August, Guildford   Surrey Rolling Road 8th August, Guildford I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31 2009, 04:28

just double checked on the CF and yes, you can. it also goes up to about 1000hp so no issues there either!
Back to top Go down
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

PostSubject: Re: Surrey Rolling Road 8th August, Guildford   Surrey Rolling Road 8th August, Guildford I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31 2009, 05:00

Ha, factory is supposedly 310bhp so shouldn't break anything..

Just checking now, trying to get my Octavia vRS friend to come along too
Back to top Go down
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

PostSubject: Re: Surrey Rolling Road 8th August, Guildford   Surrey Rolling Road 8th August, Guildford I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31 2009, 05:19

yeah, if it's cool me +1

Might end up in the Golf, if it's MOTd, but either way I'll be there. If they do it in top gear (and their fan's big enough) it might even do a respectable number as the fueling issues only really appear at low speeds.
Back to top Go down
The Dude
The Dude

PostSubject: Re: Surrey Rolling Road 8th August, Guildford   Surrey Rolling Road 8th August, Guildford I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31 2009, 05:28

cool man, you're on the list. Smile I'll keep you updated and post on this thread as well.
Back to top Go down
The Dude
The Dude

PostSubject: Re: Surrey Rolling Road 8th August, Guildford   Surrey Rolling Road 8th August, Guildford I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04 2009, 03:25

mid week bump....not going to bump again.

anyone, anyone, bueller? Smile
Back to top Go down
sparkie1984
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Surrey Rolling Road 8th August, Guildford   Surrey Rolling Road 8th August, Guildford I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09 2009, 13:58

i was going to go to this, a chap on the p1 site was there i believe, said there were some tasty dubs there......

oh and a fiat something or other
Back to top Go down
http://www.nomadsvw.co.uk
The Dude
The Dude

PostSubject: Re: Surrey Rolling Road 8th August, Guildford   Surrey Rolling Road 8th August, Guildford I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10 2009, 07:17

and an aston, a few m3s and some american beasts too!
that p1 guy was a funny bloke!
i also need more power!Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Surrey Rolling Road 8th August, Guildford   Surrey Rolling Road 8th August, Guildford I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Surrey Rolling Road 8th August, Guildford
Page 1 of 1