Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Help Needed Please!

Go down 
+2
L0WRiDE
vwdeviant
6 posters
AuthorMessage
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

Help Needed Please! Empty
PostSubject: Help Needed Please!   Help Needed Please! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17 2008, 01:18

Guys, give a brother a hand!

Going to do a "stage-2" KR head swap onto the 9a at some point soon as well as a samco kit, front disc/pad swap, cv replacement (this is just the start of the usual long list that comes with Corrado ownership!).

Problem being is that now I'm "divorced" from my regular workshop I need a hand in doing aforementioned swaps... and to be honest I'm not 100% confident in ripping the head off my daily..

So anyone offer some help, encouragement and tools (as needed), oh and maybe a garage and coffee?

Cheeky I know but would like to get this done in next couple months if only to try and keep up with some of the power hikes going on around me... Mind you a turbo conversion might be the only way to keep up with some! Laughing

Will pay beer tokens and help out with other jobs as needed too! (plus cut-price London accomodation if you need it! Wink )
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
L0WRiDE
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
L0WRiDE

PostSubject: Re: Help Needed Please!   Help Needed Please! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17 2008, 02:09

ill always lend a hand,
Back to top Go down
http://www.thrashed-racing.co.uk
smiffy-g60
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: Help Needed Please!   Help Needed Please! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17 2008, 04:04

alright fella, ive never fettled with a head befor but ive got a some good space to have ago..

The lights are on a sensor so all ive got to do is put a hoody over the sensor and we got light all day an night.

Help Needed Please! Edition382008021
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: Help Needed Please!   Help Needed Please! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17 2008, 04:37

my yard is a little out the way for you?
i would say that with 4 motivated nomads you could do that lot inna weekend it is just nuts and bolts after all

are you using the KR'S 50mm intake ? dont know if thats bigger than 9A ?
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: Help Needed Please!   Help Needed Please! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17 2008, 05:29

Cheers Dan Nah you're only 30-40 mins drive..

Was going to use the 9a intake as it's 50mm anyway (I believe) as well as all the K-E Jet, just swap the heads over as apparently the KR and 9a heads are the same!???
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: Help Needed Please!   Help Needed Please! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17 2008, 15:05

give me a shout if needed dude
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: Help Needed Please!   Help Needed Please! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18 2008, 02:15

Would love to help too
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help Needed Please!   Help Needed Please! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18 2008, 14:04

well dude, im sometimes around at the weekends! any problems what so ever give me a PM. love to help a brother out.

Dubsy
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: Help Needed Please!   Help Needed Please! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19 2008, 02:47

vwdeviant wrote:
Cheers Dan Nah you're only 30-40 mins drive..

Was going to use the 9a intake as it's 50mm anyway (I believe) as well as all the K-E Jet, just swap the heads over as apparently the KR and 9a heads are the same!???

sounds right k-e-jet is bound to be the best bits from k-jet

well then if we organise a weekend were you can get the old girl up the yard
AND get yourself home and back on sunday by some kind of lift i think we could do that inna weekend? i would need a good 2-3 weeks notice to make that happen

IF
there are no unexpected surprises anyway ( i do have a man who is good at surprises)

this is one of the only aspects of VW'S i have not done myself, really need a pro on the ground or at least someone who's done it before as we dont wanna have to do it twice

we can defo do all the chassis and drive train stuff at the same time piece of piss!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help Needed Please!   Help Needed Please! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help Needed Please!
Page 1 of 1