Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dub friendly MOT center needed.....

Go down 
+3
vwdeviant
YA55ER
Stu
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Stu
Nomad
Nomad
Stu

Dub friendly MOT center needed..... Empty
PostSubject: Dub friendly MOT center needed.....   Dub friendly MOT center needed..... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29 2010, 09:37

After a 'friendly' test center local to hemel, Need to be able to turn a blind eye to being too lower for the brake roller and a lack of side repeaters. Mine runs out friday Sad
Back to top Go down
YA55ER
Nomad
Nomad
YA55ER

PostSubject: Re: Dub friendly MOT center needed.....   Dub friendly MOT center needed..... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29 2010, 11:29

all MOT stations should have a portable brake tester that they use in the footwells by taking the car out on the road for 4WD cars as you cant put them in the rollers, most people on Edition38 tend to get a wire wired to the indicator and put the bulb up near the top of the arch just for MOT's
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: Dub friendly MOT center needed.....   Dub friendly MOT center needed..... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29 2010, 14:12

Suggest you Speak to Caddy Andy (Hertford) or Luke (High Wycombe) both top guys...
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
Stu
Nomad
Nomad
Stu

PostSubject: Re: Dub friendly MOT center needed.....   Dub friendly MOT center needed..... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27 2010, 13:48

Apsley mots rock!! It passed with flying colours!
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: Dub friendly MOT center needed.....   Dub friendly MOT center needed..... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27 2010, 14:49

excellent!!

ed's treads passed one of my old motorbikes when it had a number plate the size of 2 fag packets!!
hmmm...........must be an apsley thing!!
Back to top Go down
Stu
Nomad
Nomad
Stu

PostSubject: Re: Dub friendly MOT center needed.....   Dub friendly MOT center needed..... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27 2010, 14:55

In the town I grew up in there was a place that passed bikes just by riding them up the road and back.
Back to top Go down
slamdunkdub

PostSubject: Re: Dub friendly MOT center needed.....   Dub friendly MOT center needed..... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27 2010, 16:06

I use VP Autos, but I heard they have a new mot tester who hates modified cars. I may also need somewhere new and freindly.

Bit of a bugger that, I liked VP Autos
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Dub friendly MOT center needed.....   Dub friendly MOT center needed..... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27 2010, 23:49

I liked VP Autos too
Was it Marlowes before that... All very sad. Sad
Back to top Go down
slamdunkdub

PostSubject: Re: Dub friendly MOT center needed.....   Dub friendly MOT center needed..... I_icon_minitimeSun May 02 2010, 13:56

From speaking to the bro, the dude thought his Integra type R was lowered because its very stiff. After he convinced the bloke it was standard (which it is). He said 'Good, I hate all that modified stuff'.

Thing is, I'll find out the blokes name and book the bug in when he's not on so I get one of the other dudes.

Well that the plan, when the 73 comes out of the 'shop it'll be lower, and the front beam 3 inchs narrower. MOT is up in May so I'll keep you posted.
Back to top Go down
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

PostSubject: Re: Dub friendly MOT center needed.....   Dub friendly MOT center needed..... I_icon_minitimeMon May 03 2010, 13:33

I always use gilberts in Bovingdon.... they do my mk3 which is low, and they open minded when it comes to silly stuff!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dub friendly MOT center needed.....   Dub friendly MOT center needed..... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dub friendly MOT center needed.....
Page 1 of 1