Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Urgent help

Go down 
+6
jakeabee
Fitzy
L0WRiDE
brindle
Calimori
Liam_R
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Liam_R
Nomad
Nomad

Urgent help Empty
PostSubject: Urgent help   Urgent help I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13 2008, 16:05

hello again, so just came back from fitting coilovers, and disaster! forgot the c spanner, me and lowlife aka matt had a right old go at doing it, and it was all coming together, but just a little thing and its messed up.... Sad

so i need someone soonish to fit the coilovers, i was thinking if after the sunday meet? and if the weather is going to be good.

here is somehting i must point out,

i have no tools, no spanners, bolt kits, etc... no trolley jack, no axel stands....

so how are people on sunday? as this is the only day im free as im working all day mon&tues, and then on weds im off to reading festival....

any takers?

cheers!
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

Urgent help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urgent help   Urgent help I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13 2008, 16:18

Ah, the first lesson of this game, when you notice you need to have a tool, buy it. Buy a good one once and have it next time you or a mate needs it. Never question it, just buy it because you will be great full when you come to use it again.
Back to top Go down
brindle
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
brindle

Urgent help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urgent help   Urgent help I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13 2008, 17:11

Amen Brother
Back to top Go down
L0WRiDE
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
L0WRiDE

Urgent help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urgent help   Urgent help I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14 2008, 03:42

L0WRiDE!!!!! thank you very much Smile i may live in the ghetto but noit lowlife!!!
those top mounts look diff to the old ones ( will get pics up laters) would havv been ok if we had a c-spanner and light!!!! luck was on our side with tools, just not that Cspaner!!!
grrrrrr
Back to top Go down
http://www.thrashed-racing.co.uk
L0WRiDE
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
L0WRiDE

Urgent help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urgent help   Urgent help I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14 2008, 03:56

oh yer thinking bout it las nite, i would say get ur arches done first mate, the look of ur rear tyre, and the the look of it lowered u will kill ur tyres before u even get home!!!
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

Urgent help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urgent help   Urgent help I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14 2008, 05:27

you cant drop a mk3 on 17's that much so be very wary!!, u can only drop it about 30mm- would be worth taking out ur arch liners on the front as they WILL rub
Back to top Go down
L0WRiDE
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
L0WRiDE

Urgent help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urgent help   Urgent help I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14 2008, 08:05

i found out that they where the wrong top mounts,
with the stub adaptors means the wheels stick out more than norm,
Back to top Go down

Urgent help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urgent help   Urgent help I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14 2008, 08:13

lmao at lowlife! he's thinking of that uk hiphop record label Wink

Urgent help 436715232_m

new avatar pic Razz
Back to top Go down
jakeabee
Nomad
Nomad
jakeabee

Urgent help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urgent help   Urgent help I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14 2008, 08:48

might be able to give you a hand buddy as long as when i can be bothered to fit my coilies you return the favour haha! give us a pm if you need a hand.
Back to top Go down
Liam_R
Nomad
Nomad

Urgent help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urgent help   Urgent help I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14 2008, 14:39

ahh jay, its a you scratch my back thing i see.. id be up for that! callimori i understand that man, i need to get me a decent bolt kit, and find my c spanner. i think when i do them itll be early in the day haha, and yeah when people say its easy to fit coilovers, it actually is! just a matter of undoing the 3 bolts and thats it pretty much, ill see how it goes, my steering wheel is wonky too when its straight on, should i be worried matt? :S
Back to top Go down
L0WRiDE
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
L0WRiDE

Urgent help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urgent help   Urgent help I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14 2008, 15:04

shuldnt be as it is al the same before!!! but u def hav the wrong top mounts
Back to top Go down
D.A.M IT!
D.A.M IT!

Urgent help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urgent help   Urgent help I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14 2008, 15:45

If you cant find your C spanners I've got some that might fit. If you're coming to the meet on sunday you're welcome to borrow them
Back to top Go down
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

Urgent help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urgent help   Urgent help I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14 2008, 15:51

Same here mate i will bring mine too....
Back to top Go down
Liam_R
Nomad
Nomad

Urgent help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urgent help   Urgent help I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14 2008, 18:02

yeah im hoping for sunday meet, so i can give you mine and colin (ctomo) 's money for t shirts, stickers, flag money etc....

just out of interest, are you free after the meet any of you to help me do them? it sounds SO cheeky, but i may as well ask you.... i wont be after an amazing drop either, because ill get the arches rolled after i get back from reading festival... cheers guys!
Back to top Go down
jakeabee
Nomad
Nomad
jakeabee

Urgent help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urgent help   Urgent help I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15 2008, 04:44

youd be best getting a shock or air gun to get the topmount bolts off unless you use the special removal tool from vw as they can be a bugger. id help you but im not free early in the day though so probably wont be able to make it
Back to top Go down
Liam_R
Nomad
Nomad

Urgent help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urgent help   Urgent help I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15 2008, 05:56

top mount bolts were easy to get off mate
Back to top Go down
moonsta
Nomad
Nomad
moonsta

Urgent help Empty
PostSubject: coil overs   Urgent help I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15 2008, 05:58

yeh i have an electric imapct gun and can bring it along sunday morning and other toold if you need, let me know please..... joe
Back to top Go down
brindle
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
brindle

Urgent help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urgent help   Urgent help I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15 2008, 10:33

ive got all the tools except impact gun in my garage. but wont be able to do it this sunday. can do it nxt weekend if you like! dont mind. i'm easy
Back to top Go down
Liam_R
Nomad
Nomad

Urgent help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urgent help   Urgent help I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15 2008, 12:27

next weekend im at reading festival.... :S

monday, tues im working.... then weds im off to reading till monday...

so the 25-28 august, im free, need to get coilovers on and arches rolled and a proper detailing session done with my mate, and i should be good to g-o
Back to top Go down
L0WRiDE
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
L0WRiDE

Urgent help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urgent help   Urgent help I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15 2008, 13:13

up to you, but please roll ur arches first mate, or if not book in to garage next day after fitting coilies, otherwise u will have NO tyres left.
up to u thos, dont wanna sound like a dad!!!
Back to top Go down
Liam_R
Nomad
Nomad

Urgent help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urgent help   Urgent help I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15 2008, 15:02

nah nah i need to get arches rolled...

mate, did i leave my euro car parts bag in your garage? cos it has my receipt in it for the top mounts, and i need the receipt so i can take back the shitty golf top mounts...

text me if you find it in the garage if you go there tomoz yeah? then give it to me at the sunday meet? cheerz
Back to top Go down
L0WRiDE
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
L0WRiDE

Urgent help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urgent help   Urgent help I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15 2008, 15:19

the bag is in the golf nows! did u pick up my wheel nut rench???
Back to top Go down
Liam_R
Nomad
Nomad

Urgent help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urgent help   Urgent help I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15 2008, 15:37

bag is in the golf? your golf? and ill have a look for the wrench, mate when theres light..
Back to top Go down
L0WRiDE
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
L0WRiDE

Urgent help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urgent help   Urgent help I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15 2008, 16:06

in my golf got it from garage today , i will hav a lok in it after worktomorrows
Back to top Go down
Liam_R
Nomad
Nomad

Urgent help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urgent help   Urgent help I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15 2008, 16:08

life saver mate, really need that so i can get the proper top mounts... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Urgent help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urgent help   Urgent help I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Urgent help
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next