Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

German Plates....Warning!!!

Go down 
+7
Knighty
brindle
ctomo
vwdeviant
PINKY
Fitzy
Liam_R
11 posters
AuthorMessage

German Plates....Warning!!! Empty
PostSubject: German Plates....Warning!!!   German Plates....Warning!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12 2008, 14:36

Just thought to let you lot know, the police are clamping down on this BIG TIME (Especially in hemel) the copper who pulled me over said that there all going to really start clamping down on this now as more and more wa*kers are using them for crime purposes.

If you get caught the worst you could be looking at is £30 fine, and have to do a MOT which is around £40 and buyin the standard plates if you havent got any- £15, Thats up to £85 possibly in one hit!!!

People with the pressed plates without the D seem to be ok at the moment but can see them starting on those too...

Cant wait untill i get my legal pressed plates from dubmeister!!! Hopefully they will pull me over because they look illeagal then have the pleasure of saying there 100% legal and making the copper find a fault with them!!!

lol! afro

Peace
Back to top Go down
Liam_R
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: German Plates....Warning!!!   German Plates....Warning!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12 2008, 14:40

yeah man got me some legal ones, they look pretty good, but im gonna definatley get some cheapo german plates at E38 this year, see if i can get a deal haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: German Plates....Warning!!!   German Plates....Warning!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12 2008, 15:48

its a real shame, cos them German plates add those final touches to dubs!
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: German Plates....Warning!!!   German Plates....Warning!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12 2008, 15:50

i've reverted to running a normal plate on the rear - just fed up of being pulled
Back to top Go down
PINKY
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
PINKY

PostSubject: Re: German Plates....Warning!!!   German Plates....Warning!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12 2008, 15:54

Unlucky Adamski! better get papa some new ones made up. Mad
Back to top Go down
http://stephanie.routledge@hotmail.co.uk
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: German Plates....Warning!!!   German Plates....Warning!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13 2008, 02:32

Yeti's got the Dubmeister Legal plates on the Pis-rat... looks better than Perspex plates and without the grief of D-banded!

I've been ok so far but then there's so many different national's plates here in E-londinium (Mostly Lithuanian plates, but some Poles, Bulgarians etc More like E-europe sometimes! Laughing ) that plod don't really notice my d-plates, yet! I think having spacing and Stadt stickers helps my cause...

Saying that a trip to Carnassour for some Dub-meister Legals is on teh cards before Edition as you know they will be clamping down in Northamps esp as Action's on the same weekend at the Pod!
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
ctomo

PostSubject: Re: German Plates....Warning!!!   German Plates....Warning!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13 2008, 09:29

yer got mesome from carnassour with the GB band on. I think they look well nice!
Back to top Go down
brindle
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
brindle

PostSubject: Re: German Plates....Warning!!!   German Plates....Warning!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13 2008, 17:15

already rocking the english pressed! too many people are wearing German plates.
Back to top Go down
Knighty
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: German Plates....Warning!!!   German Plates....Warning!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16 2008, 14:54

I've got a dubmeister pressed legal plate on my packet of uncle bens.

I liked the ones I got for my Mk2, never pulled with them.
Back to top Go down
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

PostSubject: Re: German Plates....Warning!!!   German Plates....Warning!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19 2008, 09:16

Zis is most unfair!!! i think as long as the plate is easily readable then whats the effin problem?? i will tho be changing mine back to standard ones as i cant be arsed with hassle from plod! Mad
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: German Plates....Warning!!!   German Plates....Warning!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19 2008, 18:26

Really don't know what their problem is. Get a life, I blame everything on the problem of ever decreasing family values in this country, and the bloody PC brigade. Oh don't get me started..............
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: German Plates....Warning!!!   German Plates....Warning!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20 2008, 01:01

The problem is about computation and image recognition. The police are the enforcers not the rule makers, their job is to pull you for plate infringements.
I believe that once a size and shape for the plates was established the powers optimised the plate detection system to work best for those characters.
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: German Plates....Warning!!!   German Plates....Warning!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20 2008, 16:10

Bazza wrote:
Really don't know what their problem is. Get a life, I blame everything on the problem of ever decreasing family values in this country, and the bloody PC brigade. Oh don't get me started..............

oh my good god!!! i'm gettin flashbacks of the 'labour' lady who knocked on my door!!!!
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: German Plates....Warning!!!   German Plates....Warning!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22 2008, 07:04

i got brit font pressed plates no probs so far really should clean the primer off the rear one
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: German Plates....Warning!!!   German Plates....Warning!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22 2008, 07:23

Calimori wrote:
The problem is about computation and image recognition. The police are the enforcers not the rule makers, their job is to pull you for plate infringements.
I believe that once a size and shape for the plates was established the powers optimised the plate detection system to work best for those characters.

Yup Which means that anything with an overseas plate is missed by APNR system meaning every LT plated car round me (a lot of which are RHD ones I may add) drive like loonies!

D-style plates doesn't mean no speeding tickets either, as if the computer can't read them it gets flagged for "Manual" checking.... double-bubble.. speeding and illegal plates!

Oh and the new "digital" cameras (average speed typially) do have plate recognition S/w too which means less Manual checks and more tickets. And on that note beware on the way to edition Northamptonshire have spent a LOT on average speed cameras so don't think just because you're past two you're fine, they are all linked and can calculate average speed between any two points! affraid

Ex-Bro-in-laws are both Traffic BTW.. Wink
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: German Plates....Warning!!!   German Plates....Warning!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22 2008, 09:19

I have my contacts too, the problem is the law agencies and those who break the rules for illegal gain.

A odd looking bloke was hanging around outside my office the other day, I thought he might have been waiting for me (another story Cool ) but when I approach him he moved off. I went inside the office and watched him through the window, he made his way back to one of our guys cars and tried the handle. I went straight back out and asked him if he needed any help, he moved off to a waiting car and left. The next morning the plates on the car were missing, it is bloody crazy that someone would run the risk of stealing plates to do something else.... Why not order them on-line or at a show or anyone of the places that I know you can get around the checks?
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: German Plates....Warning!!!   German Plates....Warning!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22 2008, 09:44

Because it costs nothing the nick them! Wink
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: German Plates....Warning!!!   German Plates....Warning!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22 2008, 10:39

But what a lot of trouble to go to, increased chances of being caught and not very low key. But if you have no need to be smart then it is very simple.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: German Plates....Warning!!!   German Plates....Warning!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

German Plates....Warning!!!
Page 1 of 1