Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Are my plates illegal?

Go down 
+2
PremiumVeeDub
Dubsket
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dubsket
Dubsket

Are my plates illegal? Empty
PostSubject: Are my plates illegal?   Are my plates illegal? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13 2010, 08:36

I was pulled over a week or so ago, and was given a 14 day notice to have my numberplates put back to standard and have it signed by an mot garage, then send it off to the police....

i have done all this now but its just a thought, the plates i had on at the time were reflective white at the front orange at the back same size font etc, english layout, they just had german font....are they really illegal or do hertfordshire police really live up to their name of being abit picky?
Back to top Go down
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

PostSubject: Re: Are my plates illegal?   Are my plates illegal? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13 2010, 08:59

There's 7 criteria for number plates, and correct UK font is one of them (one of the biggest, actually).

Do you also have a "D" country code on them?

I run UK font pressed plates and (touch wood) never been hassled. Was even at the side of the M1 for an hour about something else and the nice traffic officers didn't mention them once.
Back to top Go down
Dubsket
Dubsket

PostSubject: Re: Are my plates illegal?   Are my plates illegal? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13 2010, 12:23

yeah they have the D on but they didnt even mention it for some reason :S

i was planning on getting new ones made up in the same font but without the D but probabally wont bother now lol
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: Are my plates illegal?   Are my plates illegal? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13 2010, 14:14

German font was your problem dude, their computers don't like em and the war is over and everythink Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: Are my plates illegal?   Are my plates illegal? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14 2010, 00:10

non uk font is a no no fella..................sorry!!
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: Are my plates illegal?   Are my plates illegal? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14 2010, 02:06

Dubmeister do Uk legal Pressed plates though...
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
Doug
Nomad
Nomad
Doug

PostSubject: Re: Are my plates illegal?   Are my plates illegal? I_icon_minitimeSat May 08 2010, 20:32

You are just a tad unlucky with that one mate... i mean i live in sta and never have a front number plate on my mk2

In 8 months ive been stopped a few times for it but had more hassel for the month when i had press plates on the front and back....

When i do get stopped (because ive got a legal one on the back) i just say something along the lines of it fell off ive ordered a new one from VW and they said it would be ready the day after tomorrow and they never seem to have a problem with that

Personally ive found your far better off with no plate than a dodgy one cause then it appears to the police as a non-intentional law break rather than a middle finger to em....

Doug
Back to top Go down
http://Email: Tanilba@Hotmail.Co.Uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are my plates illegal?   Are my plates illegal? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are my plates illegal?
Page 1 of 1