Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS!

Go down 
+10
PremiumVeeDub
brindle
PINKY
blakey
Lisa
vwdeviant
SuperMario
Bazza
GTi-Jay
vr6brew
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS! Empty
PostSubject: GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS!   GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12 2008, 15:22

Hey nomads beware if your using german no plates!! i got stopped by plod last night, they followed me for 1/2 mile then pulled me over, a copper got out and said whats them plates all about, i could see this was a young cop who knew his cars and said to me that these plates cannot be read by the police A.N.P cameras(number plate reading cameras) and therefore if your car got stolen(God forbid) then it could be out of the country/broken etc before you knew it, but if your plates were A.N.P visible then you stand more chance of your car being found as there are cameras everywhere now.... anyway i could of got a £30 fine or had to re-MOT my car but he let me off with a warning and told me to tell every one in this club.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS!   GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12 2008, 15:25

yer man, this is getting tight now, thats why ive never bothered running them, cant be F'd with the hassle. but they do finish the car off!

Also people that Make show plates will not be able to do so no more. DVLA have clamped right down and will shut them down!
Back to top Go down
GTi-Jay
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
GTi-Jay

PostSubject: Re: GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS!   GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12 2008, 16:51

The fine i can understand but he couldnt make you re-mot your car can he?? as you dont need licence plates for an mot??

i may be wrong but in 2006 i mot'd a track/project car with out plates has it changed?
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS!   GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13 2008, 01:30

Can make you mot it again dude, they're the police. Can't see the problem with these plates. They should stop wasting our time by pulling us over and get all the uninsured/unmot'd cars off the road. Anyone who's ever been hit by an illegal driver knows what a nightmare it is......sorry rant over.
Back to top Go down
SuperMario
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
SuperMario

PostSubject: Re: GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS!   GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13 2008, 02:44

they do legal german plates at cournissiours in dunstable, any1 know what they look like ?
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS!   GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13 2008, 03:11

Musto wrote:
they do legal german plates at cournissiours in dunstable, any1 know what they look like ?

Nope they are legal Pressed plates with UK fonts and correct reflective material. As well as post-code on bottom. Done by Dub-meister, Yeti's running them on the p-rat!

Bazza, know what you mean but the APNR camera's are part of the solution to uninured drivers as linked to the DVLA Data-base, so 5-0 can see straight away of car's insured/MOT etc..

Jay, always been part of MOT, mine failed on 3 items per plate last MOT with D-plates on...

Not such a hot issue in E-London as there are lots of overseas plates floating about.. but will be getting some "legal" plates soon..
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS!   GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13 2008, 04:22

Yeah gonna get some too, be nice an fresh on both my rides Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS!   GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13 2008, 10:10

they can be read by the ANP cameras... because they read the polish plates, but they never follow them through cos they dont speak english (or the poles) haha Razz i was told this by a police man, this is also the reason the dont pull them over!

-the police were on targets my mates a copper (dunno if they still are).
-steve would of got a fine if he was under 25 (fact)
-they wouldnt help find your 'stolen' car because all the police do is give you a crime number...this is y we have insurance.
-you dont have to MOT your car, u just have to get your plates approved by an MOT center!

the police just dont like the D badge. (they are normally jealous of your car aswell, specially if your young and successful, with your nice cars like we are)!!

this is y the police have no respect!! while they are giving you a fine, bumping up there xmas bonus/pension/house and car discount fund from vauxhall. there are murders and crimes all over the place..

so i would be more happy if my taxes went on real crimes instead of bonus-enhancing ones!!

the police are stupid really cos they pick on the youngens, but they should be uses us as bait... the amount of untaxed, uninsured and people have no licenses i no is unreal..
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS!   GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13 2008, 10:22

^^^^ true to a degree but it's a fact that most high risk criminals use dodgy vehicles to move around in, whether it be stolen or no tax, no MOT, false plates, incorrect plates, etc.

As for bonuses? The Police got a payrise of 2.6% this year, that's 2.1% under inflation and bonuses are pretty much non-existent.

I agree that some Police do pick on modified cars as they tar us all with the same brush but at the same time, the law is there to protect us as well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Lisa_Kimber/584390012
blakey
Nomad
Nomad
blakey

PostSubject: Re: GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS!   GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13 2008, 11:42

yeah i got pulled other week. had pics of car taken, then had to get plates checked & ticket stamped at mot center.
only got stopped coz the j was different, copper couldn't work the camera so called another set of traffic cops to come & take a picture. who was a twat asking if i spoke german etc.
i'd rather they clamped down more on people using mobiles etc
Back to top Go down
SuperMario
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
SuperMario

PostSubject: Re: GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS!   GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13 2008, 11:51

yea whats with the whole take a picccy of the plate? ive had 3 differnt cops take a pic of mine now, each 1 saying next time my plate will be taken of me by the dvla?? never hapend tho, am selling it to the old man soon tho.
Back to top Go down
PINKY
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
PINKY

PostSubject: Re: GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS!   GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13 2008, 12:00

I thought they treated him well..as they didnt fine him just give him a warning (could have been d1cks) they also complemented his Splitties Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://stephanie.routledge@hotmail.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS!   GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13 2008, 15:46

yer only cos he is older! they get well lippy to youngens

and yer they ask u if you speak german, think they are funny!
Back to top Go down
brindle
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
brindle

PostSubject: Re: GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS!   GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13 2008, 16:11

this is why mine came off!
Am i right in thinking the high intensity beams set up by the speed cameras are only there to read foreign reg plates????

i hate old bill! all bullied at school and have gone power mad! boy scout bumholes
Back to top Go down
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

PostSubject: Re: GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS!   GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13 2008, 18:27

Pressed GB font plates with GB flash - 90% of the look, 1% of the hassle (have been stopped with them fitted and never mentioned, even running an Irish plate like I am)

Is that what the CCTV-looking thing on a grey pole is next to the Gatso? It has a Gatso logo on it so it's obviously connected.
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS!   GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14 2008, 03:58

so if i am runnin uk font pressed plates from dubmeister THATS ok?

mine dont have any post code on the bottom tho ?

i had to get mine re-MOT'd coz of my blowin exhaust,
coz they claimed i could be asfixiated by the fumes VIA THE FAN INTAKE!!! which is about as possible as a fat man passin tho the eye of a needle!!

POLICE CAN DO WHAT THEY WANT all you can do is be nice

DONT CROSS THE LINE!
Back to top Go down
GTi-Jay
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
GTi-Jay

PostSubject: Re: GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS!   GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14 2008, 04:15

just phoned my local station and asked and they have banned all pressed plates including uk font ones!!
Back to top Go down
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

PostSubject: Re: GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS!   GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14 2008, 07:12

http://mk2vr6.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=5695&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=12#p6537482

Carry a pukka set with you at all times.

The MOT thing is something else MOT stations do - it's not an MOT, but they can stamp the police form that gives you 14 days to fix a problem with the car - you then take this stamped form to the police.

Like I said on the other forum, I'd quite like all these rich fcukers running X5s and Astons with black/silver plates and stupid spacing to get targetted first but fat chance of that.

The police know full well from experience that a car with one defect (number plate, brake light, whatever) is much more likely to also have drugs on board, expired tax, etc etc - so if you give them an in then you'll get stopped.
Back to top Go down
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

PostSubject: Re: GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS!   GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14 2008, 07:16

"POLICE CAN DO WHAT THEY WANT all you can do is be nice"

Hear hear.

That, or drive a motorbike - I swear I've seen a donorcyclist with a dead hooker in his panniers be told that "if you get it disposed of before I see you next then I'll let you off with a warning".

To be fair, I was stopped with (as far as their computer was saying) no insurance, no MOT, a tax disc with the wrong numberplate on it and a live insurance policy on the vehicle in someone else's name, pressed metal plates and I passed them on the motorway at that overtaking-a-police-car 72mph we all have to use, and because I was upfront and had a good attitude I was on my way within half an hour.
Back to top Go down
looner
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
looner

PostSubject: Re: GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS!   GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14 2008, 15:27

Well guys I don't know what to say, My loon is running pressed plates, in German font. I have never been pulled over them yet. In fact even when I was pulled near steve's for the exhaust the cop didn't notice the plates. Admitedly I dont have the D badge. The only other time I have been pulled was to ask about the car. The cop was a pretty good chap really liked the car. So I haven't had any bad experiances with them yet, and I don't want to thanks. To be fair in Aylesbury they have done allot of good getting rid of the chav brigade that used to terrorise tescos on the weekends at night. You still see moded V dubs here without any hassels but there has been a sharp decline in the french bodykit brigade. Lets face it guys, how many times have you nearly been driven off the road by one of those pilocks trying to get you to race, when youre just not interested, wishing the cops would pull them. Unfortunatly we have to suffer for our art I suppose. All I can say is just keep your head down, be pleasent and let it go. No good will come from mouthing off, or trying to be a smart ass. All that will get you is more hassel.
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS!   GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15 2008, 01:48

My tupence.
Police are enforcers and investigators or laws and crimes other people create. Some of them are nasty, some of them are hard workers. I have had a very good experience with a lot of motorbiking police chaps who have been very helpful.

However, if we set ourselves up as a visible target, we will get some heat. Modified cars are to most people associated with anti-social noise, speed and dangerous driving. Give a reason to a traffic cop to pull you and they will.

On the flip side, my Beetle runs black and silver plates when it should have the newer style, never been pulled and have been followed many times. I guess they ever have no idea or they realise I am not a threat.
Back to top Go down
PINKY
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
PINKY

PostSubject: Re: GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS!   GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15 2008, 02:12

think black plates are legal on older cars aint they??
Back to top Go down
http://stephanie.routledge@hotmail.co.uk
blakey
Nomad
Nomad
blakey

PostSubject: Re: GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS!   GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15 2008, 02:38

yeah but g's isn't old enough, think 72 was last year black & silver went up to
Back to top Go down
Kayleigh
Nomad
Nomad
Kayleigh

PostSubject: Re: GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS!   GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15 2008, 04:07

WildGoodchild wrote:
yer only cos he is older! they get well lippy to youngens

try being a female youngen - i was out with a mate, she got pulled for her lights being "too pink" and it ended in us having to put in a sexual harrasment complaint againt the 2 coppers Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
looner
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
looner

PostSubject: Re: GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS!   GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19 2008, 11:53

Ok due to certain coments being made let me clarify what I class as a chav. Some young idiot who insist on useing the word blood after every second word, drives a car of ANY brand, just so happens they seem to like french cars that comprises of more fiberglass and plastic than actual metal. I know certain people in the club have owned french cars etc this remark was not aimed at you, but at the max power brigade, so chill people! I still stand by what I said sorry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS!   GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GERMAN PLATES..... BEWARE NOMADS!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next