Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cheap German style pressed plates £15:00 a pair

Go down 
+2
vwdeviant
moonsta
6 posters
AuthorMessage
moonsta
Nomad
Nomad
moonsta

Cheap German style pressed plates £15:00 a pair Empty
PostSubject: Cheap German style pressed plates £15:00 a pair   Cheap German style pressed plates £15:00 a pair I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05 2008, 16:52

Was on the Mk2 Golf Owners Club forum just now and saw this so have posteda link here as could be of use to you guys and girls.

http://www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1063&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

joe
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: Cheap German style pressed plates £15:00 a pair   Cheap German style pressed plates £15:00 a pair I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06 2008, 01:46

Or £30 gets you the uk-Legal ones from Dubmeister and no grief from 5-0

(Ask Yeti about 5-0 greif Laughing Twice in 2 trips!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
L0WRiDE
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
L0WRiDE

PostSubject: Re: Cheap German style pressed plates £15:00 a pair   Cheap German style pressed plates £15:00 a pair I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06 2008, 01:55

my ones on my golf where like £30 and no prob from police, even been pulled with thtem on and they said nout about the plates!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thrashed-racing.co.uk
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: Cheap German style pressed plates £15:00 a pair   Cheap German style pressed plates £15:00 a pair I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06 2008, 04:23

Yeah but 5-0 are clamping down on "illegal" plates now...

Appears the Criminal element have struck on the idea of using overseas plates!

Will be getting a set of Dubmeister UK-Legal (available from Carnasour) just to avoid being tugged for no other reason! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
D.A.M IT!
D.A.M IT!

PostSubject: Re: Cheap German style pressed plates £15:00 a pair   Cheap German style pressed plates £15:00 a pair I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06 2008, 07:45

It depends on the cop more than anything tbh ie. is he bored ar just a **** I've been done for having illegal plates on but I've also been pulled and they havnt cared one bit Neutral
Back to top Go down
jakeabee
Nomad
Nomad
jakeabee

PostSubject: Re: Cheap German style pressed plates £15:00 a pair   Cheap German style pressed plates £15:00 a pair I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06 2008, 17:24

ive had mine a while now, i deliberately got the blank ones with no nationality print just german font, not had any trouble so far (fingers crossed) so is it just the foreign tag they have an issue with or the font??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheap German style pressed plates £15:00 a pair   Cheap German style pressed plates £15:00 a pair I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06 2008, 17:39

police need to meet target.... enough said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jealousy and boredom!!!!

and if you had uk legal plates, the dumbasses wouldnt know the difference anyway!! (most of em)

Evil or Very Mad

and they wonder why they have no respect!!
Back to top Go down
Liam_R
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: Cheap German style pressed plates £15:00 a pair   Cheap German style pressed plates £15:00 a pair I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2008, 15:40

i got uk legal pressed ones, there good. but they aint got shizzle on german plates. they look so goood.
Back to top Go down
D.A.M IT!
D.A.M IT!

PostSubject: Re: Cheap German style pressed plates £15:00 a pair   Cheap German style pressed plates £15:00 a pair I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2008, 18:04

There's a few reasons why german style pressed plates are illegal as the copper explained, as he was nicking me :s
1) wrong font
2) its pressed metal - it should be acrylic
3) the manufacturer of the plate needs to be printed on it somewhere
4) incorrect suffix

It was chuckles trying to explain to the cop why it had a D instead of GB "well its a german car & and its a kinda VW scene thing" i said as he just looked at me in bewilderment lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheap German style pressed plates £15:00 a pair   Cheap German style pressed plates £15:00 a pair I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cheap German style pressed plates £15:00 a pair
Page 1 of 1