Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans......

Go down 
+5
Bazza
Kayleigh
Knighty
Calimori
L0WRiDE
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

20vT cruz golf
do it
put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans...... I_vote_lcap83%put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans...... I_vote_rcap
 83% [ 10 ]
shut up
put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans...... I_vote_lcap17%put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans...... I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
L0WRiDE
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
L0WRiDE

put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans...... Empty
PostSubject: put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans......   put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans...... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05 2008, 14:36

ok, with having no really intrest in passat! priced dropped on it everywhere, till no proper intrest.
mates hav all been telling me to put the engine in golf! and well i would like to do a full swap, dash,seats!!! hard work i knows!
but wat about the engine? would i hav to do pedals aswell,
i would love to do it, wanna get a car im happy with so i can stick with it, take to shows... i know the golf needs wings, but i can get them, and my dad can respray car for me.

ok wat im looking for from u is a go for it, or shut up matt dont be silly

Last edited by L0WRiDE on Fri Aug 08 2008, 12:24; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.thrashed-racing.co.uk
L0WRiDE
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
L0WRiDE

PostSubject: Re: put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans......   put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans...... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06 2008, 14:55

ok , 6 of you hav said do it and 0 hav said shut up!!! thanks guys/gals!!!! i was hoping for a diff anwser really, not that i dont wanna do it thos.
from wat iv been reading i would need diffrent manifolds, mk3 gearbox, and loads of help!!!! being the main thing!!! i want a throttle cable!!!!
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans......   put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans...... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2008, 00:44

OK, I added my shut up vote. Missed this until now as I have been distracted.
You would be talking about a lot of work to turn the MK2 into something that would still be not worth what you have paid. Plus you would also have to take the time to break the passat to make some money back on it. During all of this you would not have a car.

I am not against engine conversion but you would be taking a working and clean car to donate it's best bits to a tired car. Other than the engine you would still need a lot of parts to make the MK2 as good as the Passat.

If you go for it though, I will be there with a spanner and socket set to give you a hand if you want.
Back to top Go down
Knighty
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans......   put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans...... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2008, 04:06

remember the rule of any car project, set a timescale, and a budget.

Then...

Double the timescale and triple the budget, bank on calling the car a 'useless peice of sh!t' a few times, loose tools by throwing them, get the grump, loose some skin and eventually get it finished.

And to say I do it for fun.... ;-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans......   put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans...... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2008, 04:41

Knighty wrote:
remember the rule of any car project, set a timescale, and a budget.

Then...

Double the timescale and triple the budget, bank on calling the car a 'useless peice of sh!t' a few times, loose tools by throwing them, get the grump, loose some skin and eventually get it finished.

And to say I do it for fun.... ;-)

haha class,

LOWRIDE, take into note what knighty says, its not going to be easy! but, what is these days, if you really want to do it, then go ahead mate, im backing you, and if you ever need any help with it, let me know mate.

as i say, if you wanna do it, go for it mate.

20VT mark 2, hmm bare amounts of power!
Back to top Go down
Kayleigh
Nomad
Nomad
Kayleigh

PostSubject: Re: put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans......   put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans...... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2008, 05:31

um, i can't help but i can make tea and bacon sandwiches??
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans......   put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans...... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2008, 05:42

I'm not doing an engine conversion, but would love that butty if your still offering lol!
Back to top Go down
L0WRiDE
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
L0WRiDE

PostSubject: Re: put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans......   put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans...... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2008, 09:45

grrrrrr.... just wrote a massive replie and my computer lost signal and lost it al!!!

Thanks for the comments all, offers of help and kayleigh for the catering offer.
i do under stand its not a five min job. coming home from work going down to garage, swearing at car then come home sleep get up for work and all over again!!! if i was to go ahead i would by a cheap 1ltr polo to drive to work and back it!
i no that the golf is not going to be like the passat, and i like the sound of that, if you go in to a corner i like to know where im coming out, the golf drove just how i liked, and well the passat is a family car so wat do you expect!!!
i know that the golf aint a show minter, but i like that, new wings and respray( hav a oven to use now!!) but i like to see the look on peoples faces, well chav's. when they see a old golf go past them with no problem!!! Twisted Evil

well we will have something to talk about tonight at least. and well iv been researching this for a while nows, but know of someone that has just finished doing this conversion so will have to hav a word with him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans......   put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans...... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2008, 09:53

i know ive never done a Engine conversion before, but id give it a go helping if you ever needed
Back to top Go down
jakeabee
Nomad
Nomad
jakeabee

PostSubject: Re: put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans......   put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans...... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2008, 17:56

if you went ahead with it looks as though youve got half the team here itching to help Razz.. id also be defiantely be down for helping anytime, and since seeing a mate of mines converted corolla with a celica turbo engine ive been dying to show him it can be matched with a dub. lotta work involved but so worth it at the end. i know it would put the biggest grin on my face.
Back to top Go down
L0WRiDE
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
L0WRiDE

PostSubject: Re: put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans......   put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans...... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08 2008, 12:23

seen this....
--------------------------------------------------------------------
1.8 8v PB bottom end
New rings and honed, New big end/main bearings, reground crank then lightend and balanced crank and flywheel
Windage tray
Baffled sump
High pressure oil pump

Stage 2 head (EX), ported and polished, angled valve seat's
Kent cam
Vernier
Twin valve Springs
Twin 45 Weber carbs and inlet(ported)
4 branch exh

Quaife ATB Diff in 1.6 box 020
New TD LUK clutch Kit

All still in car and be driven before buying, And will include Dizzy, racing leads, and NGK Plugs. altanator, water pump, Every thing you need to PLUG and PLAY, only up for sale as going diffrent route now
-------------------------------------------

how much u think it would cost to build something like this???

he's selling for £950 or px for dub.... link

maybe a better way to go than 1.8T? was thinking after chatting to peeps last nite and was like maybe a gti engine was the best way of going, liking wat tom has do/doing! and well would be cheaper, and more with the style/year of the car, which i like.
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans......   put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans...... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08 2008, 14:34

NNNNNice
Back to top Go down
blakey
Nomad
Nomad
blakey

PostSubject: Re: put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans......   put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans...... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08 2008, 15:20

bloke on volkszone selling vr6 pass for £500 just ran out of t & t has full sh
http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=479504
Back to top Go down
L0WRiDE
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
L0WRiDE

PostSubject: Re: put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans......   put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans...... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09 2008, 07:07

i really wanna get the engine i posted up, the only down side would be i would be with out a car untill its fitted! how long would it take to fit........
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans......   put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans...... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09 2008, 16:16

That would take the weekend to fit if everything is there, prep the bay first by removing all the front, radiator and so on. Label wires and photograph everything in case of emergency, then get the engine lift in, out with current lump and in with the new one. Bolt it in and reverse the process.
Back to top Go down
L0WRiDE
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
L0WRiDE

PostSubject: Re: put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans......   put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans...... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10 2008, 13:01

i have pm him and he is up for swaping passat for the set up!!! i will pm him back tomorrows, but im like 98% sure i wanna do it. please help geoff you are norm my voice of reason!!!!
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans......   put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans...... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11 2008, 02:27

You know how far Motherwell is?

I May have a solution, which is a damn sight cheaper...
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
L0WRiDE
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
L0WRiDE

PostSubject: Re: put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans......   put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans...... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11 2008, 06:25

yer i know where it is, did 425miles for mates engine yesturday?
so wat is ur solution then mr deviant???
good think about that one is i like the spec of engine, and he was intrested in passat so sorted the fact i hav no moneys Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans......   put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans...... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11 2008, 09:52

Are you getting money in the exchange? I would hope you were seeing some tokens to help you get it fitted.
Back to top Go down
L0WRiDE
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
L0WRiDE

PostSubject: Re: put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans......   put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans...... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11 2008, 12:35

nah, i did try but he did hav a fair point that, its mot and tax is due. and well is bound to need oth little bits. how i look at it:
car cost £1400
insurance is £180 a mth!!! :O
tax and mot £ 160
so if i keep it for another mth it costs me £340
so take thats from the cost, £1060
he wants £950 for enigne, im ok with losing £110 just for the ease of it all!
just the problem of getting it! going to try get him to meet us 1/2 way, me and my mate aint free for like a mth nows!!! which means the car will cost me £340 so need to be by end of mth. grrrrr nout is ever easy ! i could just put the passat on ebay with a bu now of like £1200, and on a 5 day bid fest! see wat happens. or just a buy now of like £1100 that would hav to go!

wish i could make up my mind on stuffs!!!!
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans......   put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans...... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12 2008, 02:13

Well sent you a PM about a 9a 2.016v on Corrado forum for £250 and only in MK too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
L0WRiDE
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
L0WRiDE

PostSubject: Re: put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans......   put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans...... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12 2008, 12:36

deviant has found me a 16v enigne from a rado! /\ /\ /\
wat would i need to fit this in to my 8v???
passat looks like its going to sell on fleabay so will have some moneys to spend!!!! Very Happy
£250 for the enigne and well same again for a cheap roundabout. then like £600 for parts to fit enigne and paint! and supply helpers with foods! hint hint Very Happy

so wat parts will i need??? ill start ordering
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans......   put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans...... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12 2008, 15:45

not sure what you'l be needing exactly, but i know your going to have to get that J jet tronic working as your 8v runs a digifant, probs easy though, im sure calimori will come up with a nut to bolt step by step for installation Very Happy . the mans like a walking encyclopidia!
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans......   put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans...... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13 2008, 04:00

Well Dan might be the man to talk to about this, I believe his last car was an 8v with the awesome 16k lump in it. I am looking for the conversion guides as I have seen them somewhere on Club GTi.
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans......   put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans...... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13 2008, 04:30

OK, looks like you might need an aftermarket injection box but read this and see what they did:
Guide on Club GTi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans......   put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans...... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

put me back on the stright and narrow!!! Engine plans......
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next