Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My rides past and present

Go down 
+17
Knighty
PremiumVeeDub
jakeabee
Josh
Bazza
Calimori
arosa-dan
spooner
dublife
vwdeviant
Fitzy
vr6brew
D.A.M IT!
adzG60
PINKY
dapperdan
looner
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
sparkie1984
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie

My rides past and present - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My rides past and present   My rides past and present - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03 2009, 05:15

yeah mate, sorry was out the back sorting the dogs out lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.nomadsvw.co.uk
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: My rides past and present   My rides past and present - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 04 2009, 08:18

Loki, Norse god of Destruction, very apt.
Back to top Go down
looner
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
looner

PostSubject: Re: My rides past and present   My rides past and present - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 04 2009, 13:16

Bazza wrote:
Loki, Norse god of Destruction, very apt.

Ahhhh A man who knows his legends. Seeing as my surname is of Nordik decent I thought it was more appropriate. hehehehe
Loki is almost ready to make her presence known. Just a few more little tweeks !!!
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: My rides past and present   My rides past and present - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 04 2009, 15:33

Looner, laying waste to all in his path. We're not worthy dude. You damn legend.
Back to top Go down
looner
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
looner

PostSubject: Re: My rides past and present   My rides past and present - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 04 2009, 16:26

Bazza wrote:
Looner, laying waste to all in his path. We're not worthy dude. You damn legend.

LOL! hehehe I just cant wait wait to get on the road again bro! the car sounds the absolute nuts. If you thought it sounded good before, it soundsten thousand times better now!
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: My rides past and present   My rides past and present - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05 2009, 02:05

NICE ONE BRUVA look forward to seein this beast
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My rides past and present   My rides past and present - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05 2009, 05:37

Looner, cannot wait to hear it dude. will finish the polo off nicley!

looner wrote:
this is a 1.3 motor like mine with a GT cam and pistons on twin 40 webers.

now forgive me for being silly, but this fella got a normal 1300cc engine which isnt the GT....am i right? now if hes had all the bottom end off for lightening and balancing, also GT cam etc etc, why didnt he just get a GT engine and go sick with that? because the engine would of been seperated to do the bottom end?

or is Dubsy being silly again Embarassed (problably)
Back to top Go down
looner
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
looner

PostSubject: Re: My rides past and present   My rides past and present - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05 2009, 10:15

Cool beans dude, I just cant wait to drive her now! LOL

As for the engine:

Well the problem is, a GT engine is a normal 1.3, the only diferance is it has fuel injection, high compresion pistons and a diferant cam. THe head is exactly the same as all the other hydro heads. However if you buy a GT engine you will pay a premium because everyone thinks its some special specific engine. Which it isn't. As he was going to be running carbs, he just used what he had and changed just the piston crowns and the cam. So it would have been alot cheaper than buying a GT engine, only to use the cam and piston crowns. Balancing and knife edging the crank would have cost the same as those parts are the same in both engines.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My rides past and present   My rides past and present - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05 2009, 10:18

looner wrote:
Cool beans dude, I just cant wait to drive her now! LOL

As for the engine:

Well the problem is, a GT engine is a normal 1.3, the only diferance is it has fuel injection, high compresion pistons and a diferant cam. THe head is exactly the same as all the other hydro heads. However if you buy a GT engine you will pay a premium because everyone thinks its some special specific engine. Which it isn't. As he was going to be running carbs, he just used what he had and changed just the piston crowns and the cam. So it would have been alot cheaper than buying a GT engine, only to use the cam and piston crowns. Balancing and knife edging the crank would have cost the same as those parts are the same in both engines.

ah ok. fair play
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: My rides past and present   My rides past and present - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 06 2009, 01:52

Pete we seeing this on Thursday?

After the cheeky photo txt to me over the weekend.. sorry no reply I was in Denmark!
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
looner
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
looner

PostSubject: Re: My rides past and present   My rides past and present - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 06 2009, 02:36

No worries dude,

To be honest It depends if I can tie up a few small problems. Like tunning the carbs so that it will idle! LOL! All the plumbing is done. The only two remaining things to do are, wire the pump in permenently and hook up the accelerater cable so that it works. Then I can tune her so that shes drivable.
Back to top Go down
Knighty
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: My rides past and present   My rides past and present - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 06 2009, 04:09

Can't wait to hear this!

Old skool tuning is where its at! ;-)

Stu
Back to top Go down
looner
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
looner

PostSubject: Re: My rides past and present   My rides past and present - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10 2009, 14:41

Well guys, I had my first run in her this weekend.
ITs official, she is now known as LOKI, FMS does it pull. Not tomention making little children and old folks wet themselves from 3 miles away! LOL! I have to say it sounds a little like taz, the tazmanian devil! LOL! Thanks to Ryan for his helping me get the car idling I drove it for the first time yesterday. I am like a kid a christmas. If this is how it runs, untuned then holy nut bucket is it going to fly. Here are the pictures of what the finished car looks like.

I just need a new dipstick pipe and a few small tweaks and we are officialy done.

I mounted a trick cut off switch in the glove box for the fuel pump. Incase something goes wrong I can turn the pump of from inside the car. However you will notice from the pictures the car still looks mint inside! this required removies the whole lower dash to run wires, as the main harness runs at the top of the dash in the polo.

Enjoy.

My rides past and present - Page 4 IMG_1398

My rides past and present - Page 4 IMG_1399

My rides past and present - Page 4 IMG_1402

My rides past and present - Page 4 IMG_1403

My rides past and present - Page 4 IMG_1404

My rides past and present - Page 4 IMG_1405

My rides past and present - Page 4 IMG_1406

My rides past and present - Page 4 IMG_1407

My rides past and present - Page 4 IMG_1408

My rides past and present - Page 4 IMG_1409

My rides past and present - Page 4 IMG_1410

My rides past and present - Page 4 IMG_1411

My rides past and present - Page 4 IMG_1412

My rides past and present - Page 4 IMG_1413

My rides past and present - Page 4 IMG_1414

My rides past and present - Page 4 IMG_1417

My rides past and present - Page 4 IMG_1418

My rides past and present - Page 4 IMG_1419
Back to top Go down
sparkie1984
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie

PostSubject: Re: My rides past and present   My rides past and present - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10 2009, 15:31

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

if your about next weekend please cruise over to tring and let me hear the beast Very Happy
Back to top Go down
looner
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
looner

PostSubject: Re: My rides past and present   My rides past and present - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10 2009, 15:46

sparkie1984 wrote:
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

if your about next weekend please cruise over to tring and let me hear the beast Very Happy

It all depends if I can get her tuned by then bro, as I don't want to drive her to much until then. I just cant wait to get her running to her full potential. I just cant get over how it just took off man, I think I made Ryan turn white!! LOL!!!! In between the speed bumps roun my garage we got up to 60 and back down to 0!!!!!!!!! unnnnnnnreaaaaal. LOKI is reborn!
Back to top Go down
sparkie1984
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie

PostSubject: Re: My rides past and present   My rides past and present - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10 2009, 15:48

sweet dude, well gimme a shout when its done, ill come over to you if i have to Very Happy
Back to top Go down
looner
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
looner

PostSubject: Re: My rides past and present   My rides past and present - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10 2009, 15:49

hehehe No worries dude! Youre welcome round here anytime. Ill take you for a ride in her when I am happy she is running right if you want. I just don't want to push my luck with her just yet,
Back to top Go down
sparkie1984
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie

PostSubject: Re: My rides past and present   My rides past and present - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10 2009, 15:50

yeah i understand mate, dont go blowing her up Smile gimme a shout when shes done!
Back to top Go down
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

PostSubject: Re: My rides past and present   My rides past and present - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10 2009, 16:18

Wow pete nearly done.. awesome mate cant wait to see, hear, and feel the noise!! she,s a beaut mate and the bay looks great too... top job fella Wink
Back to top Go down
looner
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
looner

PostSubject: Re: My rides past and present   My rides past and present - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10 2009, 16:37

sparkie1984 wrote:
yeah i understand mate, dont go blowing her up Smile gimme a shout when shes done!

Will do bro,

Thanks Steve,

The only thing I am waiting for now is the double anodized D clips to hold the fuel lines. So they will replace the cable ties with blue anodized brackets.

It wont be long now dude, LOL!
Back to top Go down
looner
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
looner

PostSubject: Re: My rides past and present   My rides past and present - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12 2009, 11:01

Well here is what the finanl product looks like,

There are still a few teething problems as far as little oil leaks, due to me blocking part of the oil vapour recirculation circuit. The old dipstick was a bit tired and was blown out of the block slightly alowing the car to almost empty the sump on a test run! LOL! So yeah that was fun. Thats all fixed now, so just need to find the time to run her up again. AS soon as she is reliable, and I am happy that she is, you guys will see, and more importantly hear Loki. hehehe It was good before, but dam its friking rapid now.

AS you can see quite a few new parts. New HT leads, new rebuilt Dizzy to handle the advance requirements of the carbs, and fuel line holders, as well as new G40 dipstickLOL!

My rides past and present - Page 4 IMG_1570
Back to top Go down
SumpScraper
Nomad
Nomad
SumpScraper

PostSubject: Re: My rides past and present   My rides past and present - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12 2009, 11:59

hell yerrrrrrr looks well good Smile
Back to top Go down
CADDYANDY
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
CADDYANDY

PostSubject: Re: My rides past and present   My rides past and present - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12 2009, 13:50

Yer looks wicked mate
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.HERTSDUBS.COM
looner
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
looner

PostSubject: Re: My rides past and present   My rides past and present - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12 2009, 14:47

Cheers guys, Ill bring her through to one of the hearts meets as well, as soon as I am happy that she will be reliable. This has been a pig of job to do it properly, but know its almost there its so worth it.
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: My rides past and present   My rides past and present - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12 2009, 14:51

You know how I feel about Loki dude Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My rides past and present   My rides past and present - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My rides past and present
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next