Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What can nomads be of service to people

Go down 
+2
Calimori
Liam_R
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Liam_R
Nomad
Nomad

What can nomads be of service to people Empty
PostSubject: What can nomads be of service to people   What can nomads be of service to people I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14 2008, 13:38

hello, evening, etc etc

SO, as i have heard a few whispers from people about getting this, that, and the other done from people that are part of the nomads forum, i just thought maybe it would be a good idea to get a list together, of what you can do... etc etc, because frankly, i got a list of things that need doing to my car, and it would be cool to get some pointers on how to do it, or even if you give me a hand

here you go, this is what i need doing, if anyone can give me a helping hand, sort me a PM, as i get an email notification through saying when i got fresh mail. Very Happy

OK so here are some things that i need doing/done:

Fitting of coilovers when i buy them ( james, i think you said you might give me a helping hand?)

removal of dents,dings, and dongs

Smoothing of front bumper/possibly tailgate?

Re-spraying of bumpers/general body work

re-upholster roof/headlining to another colour/fabrication

general engine work, teaching me how to change oil, and other stuff.

basically, helping out a friend in need, please Smile

if anyone is at the bucks dub meet tomorrow, come have a word, see what i/we can do. prices... etc

just want to get my car sorted, ive had enough of bodging this, and dodgy that

oh, and i am a student, if that helps bring down the cost Cool

and i take photos as well, so i can get a full whack lighting kit out, and do some snazzy shots of your vehicles in exchange, plus money, but not much, as im a student. hahah

Cheers

Liam
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What can nomads be of service to people   What can nomads be of service to people I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14 2008, 13:45

ill see you wednesday but il give you a hand with coilies!

if u have problems you dont know bout just use the tech section and some1 will no the problem or be able to point in the right direction!
Back to top Go down
Liam_R
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: What can nomads be of service to people   What can nomads be of service to people I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14 2008, 14:19

so i should just get you/admin to move it for me? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What can nomads be of service to people   What can nomads be of service to people I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14 2008, 14:44

ohh nah i wernt being like that lol Smile just generally! lol
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: What can nomads be of service to people   What can nomads be of service to people I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14 2008, 16:02

I have always worked the other way, start doing the job and 'if' it goes wrong, jump on a forum and pray for an answer. Shocked
Oil change and stuff I am sure most of us can assist you with as it is simple, something that can't be messed up unless you forget to put the sump bolt back in and you work that one out quickly enough when the oil slick soaks your feet. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
arosa-dan
arosa-dan

PostSubject: Re: What can nomads be of service to people   What can nomads be of service to people I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14 2008, 16:41

after the coilys are on its worth putting 100 miles or so on the car to let them settle then pop into a garage with a geometry machine to set the front camber and toe up again. fail to do that correctly and say goodbye to your tyres!!

i can recomend someone cheers
Back to top Go down
PINKY
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
PINKY

PostSubject: Re: What can nomads be of service to people   What can nomads be of service to people I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15 2008, 03:21

Papa got his tail gate smoothed at a garage round the corner..he will do it at a special rate.
He took photos at the different stages too..will get papa to put them up. ( when he gets them)
Back to top Go down
http://stephanie.routledge@hotmail.co.uk
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: What can nomads be of service to people   What can nomads be of service to people I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15 2008, 03:37

Dan is right and I would double that recommendation. Smile
Back to top Go down
Liam_R
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: What can nomads be of service to people   What can nomads be of service to people I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15 2008, 12:37

oh i know a garage near me that will most likely have a geometric machine, he gives good rates to my father, who then passes them onto me, so i shall take that info on board,

so just before i hit the 100 mile mark, get to the garage and sort them out?

does this mean i have to get them to a geometric machine every time i fiddle with the height? or just once and then thats it?

does anyone have any cheap coilovers for a mk3 just out of interest? Very Happy

and some wheels adaptors, 4x100 - 5x100? Very Happy

looking for lots of bits for a mk3 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
arosa-dan
arosa-dan

PostSubject: Re: What can nomads be of service to people   What can nomads be of service to people I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15 2008, 13:39

mainly get them set at the height you be using most,

when coil overs or any front shock is fitted, most vw's have to have the camber re-set because the camber is set by using the same bolts that hold th shock to the hub.. does that make sence??

once the initial set up is done then minor height adjustment on coilys shouldnt be too much of a problem
Back to top Go down
Liam_R
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: What can nomads be of service to people   What can nomads be of service to people I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15 2008, 14:21

ahh ok, because i know they wont be like... majorly low, but low enough, yeah it makes sense. thanks for that info bro, you helped me save alot of money on buying new tyres. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: What can nomads be of service to people   What can nomads be of service to people I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17 2008, 02:04

i would recommend the buying and reading of a "haynes manual" available in all quality retailers

they are cheap (good for students) and will hold at least 3/4 of the answers you require

the rest you can " tech help" here and club-gti

trail and error MY SON
Back to top Go down
spooner
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: What can nomads be of service to people   What can nomads be of service to people I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23 2008, 23:00

Suck it and see
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What can nomads be of service to people   What can nomads be of service to people I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What can nomads be of service to people
Page 1 of 1