Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Service Time

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

Service Time Empty
PostSubject: Service Time   Service Time I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18 2008, 05:45

New toy needed a cam belt changed and as I was not 100% sure of it's service heritage I decided to get it done by CityGate Watford. I knew I recognised the chap at the service desk but only when he acknowledge he remembered me from ClubGTI that I realised I was talking to Fitzy.
Now I know that he understands my requirements I am happy to have them work on it but I think he had the last laugh when he pointed out my loan car was a Fox. I did not know if I was meant to wind it up before I got in but when it does start moving it is quite fun. Wink
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

Service Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Service Time   Service Time I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18 2008, 07:04

He has just rang to say I apparently need to replace all my front bushes with polybushes and slam it... I might have misheard him a bit. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
adzG60
Admin
Admin
adzG60

Service Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Service Time   Service Time I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18 2008, 14:07

how much was the cam belt change at vw mate?
Back to top Go down
http://nomadsvw.co.uk
Fitzy
Fitzy

Service Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Service Time   Service Time I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18 2008, 14:43

sorry i was all out of R32's!! what a shame!!, the fox was the best i had unless u wanted 2 borrow the jetta!?

hope all went ok 4 ya 2day!!, i got the price down as much as i could without being a manager!!
Back to top Go down
GTi-Jay
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
GTi-Jay

Service Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Service Time   Service Time I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18 2008, 14:49

count your self lucky he broke my heart and then robbed me of a tenner lol and he never gave me a car :-<
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

Service Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Service Time   Service Time I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18 2008, 14:53

please remind me that i owe u thet money next time i c u otherwise i'll forget!!!!
Back to top Go down
GTi-Jay
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
GTi-Jay

Service Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Service Time   Service Time I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18 2008, 15:24

oh i will lol not to worry. are u going to the meet 20th feb?
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

Service Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Service Time   Service Time I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18 2008, 15:30

Once I knew my car was in the hands of people who don't just push them but are part of the scene I was more than happy. I knew it wouldn't be cheap but am reassured that it is heading in the right direction. I was also very happy with the discounts, I really appreciated it and so did my wallet. Smile
The fox was fun but kind of at the other end of braking and accelerating from the Golf. Once you got the revs up though it was quite nippy and cornered really well. I will take you up on the Jetta next time though, I love a bit of old school.
Coming out to find my car had been cleaned was a nice end to the experience, all round it was an excellent experience.
Jay, you could buy a whole built up engine for the price of the cam belt change but with 20V and difficult access, I was not going to risk do it myself. Waterpump was done at the same time as it can go and take out the cam belt.

I will sort of the polybush kit and be back to have that all fitted. Then we lower it....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Service Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Service Time   Service Time I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Service Time
Page 1 of 1