Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bike friendly mot station

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

Bike friendly mot station Empty
PostSubject: Bike friendly mot station   Bike friendly mot station I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09 2010, 15:05

Anyone know of a friendly mot station for my mates triumph.

The one he went to 16 months and they passed it, this week he went to get it done again and it failed. Could understand if it had done loadsa miles since the last one, but it had only covered 56 miles since the last one. They failed it on headlight alignment and rear tyre?

Anyone??????

Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Bike friendly mot station   Bike friendly mot station I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10 2010, 02:47

I have always used Lloyd Coopers in Watford.
However, it sounds like his problems are easily doubled checked. If the tyre is at or below the worn indicators then replace it, if not then he should question them. The light adjustment would be cheaper than getting another MOT. It is hard to understand why these two things could change in such little miles, maybe the previous person was easy going and now they can't be.
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: Bike friendly mot station   Bike friendly mot station I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10 2010, 05:18

That's what he couldn't understand, it was the same guy who did it last time. It didn't get any advisory's. Even when he questioned it, the guy wasn't helpful at all.
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Bike friendly mot station   Bike friendly mot station I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10 2010, 06:27

Maybe the 18 months were hard on him, his wife left, he lost the house and all his bikes. His business is going under and he is on the verge of a complete break down. On top of all of this, your friend has a worn tyre and an out of alignment light and he just flips out and fails him. Tragic really.
Cool
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: Bike friendly mot station   Bike friendly mot station I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10 2010, 06:33

Lol, yeah when you put it like that I'd have failed it too. That blokes really had it bad.

Still, can't have people being nasty to his bike, not as if he's been doing doughnuts to wear out the tyre, Just out of order.
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: Bike friendly mot station   Bike friendly mot station I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10 2010, 07:02

geoff thats proper funny!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bike friendly mot station   Bike friendly mot station I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bike friendly mot station
Page 1 of 1