Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

wheel alignment

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MartinR
Nomad
Nomad
MartinR

wheel alignment Empty
PostSubject: wheel alignment   wheel alignment I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17 2010, 14:16

i went to the garage on london road in hemel bu the volvo garage to get the wheels aligned. got the car on the ramp but struggeled due to i think it was a jack or something, splitter scraped on it and sump was very close. got the car in the air and he put the laser equiptment on and looked a bit confused. he then said he cant get a clear line of sight between the two front wheels as the car is too low Mad then to top it off i broke my splitter reversing off of the ramp Sad

i need this checked out as the front left is going bald on the first inch and half of the inside of the tyre

what can i do, and dont say raise the car
Back to top Go down

wheel alignment Empty
PostSubject: Re: wheel alignment   wheel alignment I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17 2010, 14:28

try http://www.blackboots.co.uk/
you may have to book it in.
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

wheel alignment Empty
PostSubject: Re: wheel alignment   wheel alignment I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18 2010, 04:22

aspley tyres ? they got the ratt on and straight or £25
Back to top Go down
MartinR
Nomad
Nomad
MartinR

wheel alignment Empty
PostSubject: Re: wheel alignment   wheel alignment I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18 2010, 06:10

yeah, i got the car on the ramp but he couldnt get a clear line of sight between the two front wheels?
Back to top Go down
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

wheel alignment Empty
PostSubject: Re: wheel alignment   wheel alignment I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18 2010, 07:07

That was Discount - Apsley Tyres are on the industrial estate opposite Sainsburys a bit further down the road.

I'd use Black Boots/Wheels in Motion though, same price and much more advanced stuff. Plus they do all sorts of exotica so a slammed Golf shouln't be a problem (mine went on fine, but is a bit higher thanks to the VR sump)
Back to top Go down
MartinR
Nomad
Nomad
MartinR

wheel alignment Empty
PostSubject: Re: wheel alignment   wheel alignment I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18 2010, 12:52

yeah im going to give them a call tomorow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

wheel alignment Empty
PostSubject: Re: wheel alignment   wheel alignment I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wheel alignment
Page 1 of 1