Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anyone recommend anywhere for Camber set up?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JoeStunts
Nomad
Nomad

Anyone recommend anywhere for Camber set up? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone recommend anywhere for Camber set up?   Anyone recommend anywhere for Camber set up? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21 2009, 14:51

Hi guys, anyone had their camber ( i believe) adjusted, and can recommend?
Price? Time?
Prefferably St Albans, but I know most of you are Hemel-ites so Hemel will be ok too...

My sexy Yokohama's didnt last that long Sad

Anyone recommend anywhere for Camber set up? 9622_137702419249_688874249_2434607_2452737_n
Back to top Go down
http://www.wheeliejoe.co.uk
PINKY
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
PINKY

PostSubject: Re: Anyone recommend anywhere for Camber set up?   Anyone recommend anywhere for Camber set up? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21 2009, 16:51

You can get billit aluminum (I think) plates made up with whatever degree of camber you want...in a place down in kingslangly...think its about 25 dollar a corner. My nephew got them made up for his Clio and I think Dread has the same.
Back to top Go down
http://stephanie.routledge@hotmail.co.uk
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: Anyone recommend anywhere for Camber set up?   Anyone recommend anywhere for Camber set up? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21 2009, 17:00

If i'm correct in my assuming (sp) yes camber will make the tyres wear, but not to that excess.

Your tracking must also must be out, which is why your tyres scrubbed out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone recommend anywhere for Camber set up?   Anyone recommend anywhere for Camber set up? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22 2009, 07:37

yer that could be tracking too, if you imagine for example its 4 degrees out, over the space (just for example) a mile, think how much stress is created with it 4 degrees out over that far, if the wheels werent attached you'd have one wheel in st Albans and the other in Watford Laughing .
Back to top Go down
SuperMario
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
SuperMario

PostSubject: Re: Anyone recommend anywhere for Camber set up?   Anyone recommend anywhere for Camber set up? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22 2009, 09:33

Camber wont burn up tyres like that for a while, tracking will do it pretty quick, talking from experience:D
Back to top Go down
gstar-dubworld
gstar-dubworld

PostSubject: Re: Anyone recommend anywhere for Camber set up?   Anyone recommend anywhere for Camber set up? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22 2009, 12:10

Blackboot Tyres have a fantastic tool for all adjustments..
Back to top Go down
http://www.gsd-creative.com
JoeStunts
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: Anyone recommend anywhere for Camber set up?   Anyone recommend anywhere for Camber set up? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22 2009, 15:02

Ok, Thanks Guys, and Lady!
Ill get my tracking sorted this weekend. Is that expensive, and who does it, places like quick fit, stapletons etc?
Hope thats the biggest problem, as I ideally wanted to get coilovers before I had camber set up!

Im new to all this modified car stuff, so thanks for the help!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wheeliejoe.co.uk
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: Anyone recommend anywhere for Camber set up?   Anyone recommend anywhere for Camber set up? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23 2009, 10:39

Tracking should be about 30 dub tokens, you'll need to get both tracking and camber done once your coilovers are fitted anyway.

Whenever you do anything to your suspension you should always get your tracking checked and adjusted, because your tyres will scrub out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone recommend anywhere for Camber set up?   Anyone recommend anywhere for Camber set up? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone recommend anywhere for Camber set up?
Page 1 of 1