Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

weitec coilovers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
blackGTI
Nomad
Nomad

weitec coilovers Empty
PostSubject: weitec coilovers   weitec coilovers I_icon_minitimeSat May 09 2009, 13:11

hi, after my first meet on thurs decided the golf needs lowering!

has anyone had experience with weitec gtn suspension, a kit is around £300 or recomend another kit for the same money??

cheers
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

weitec coilovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: weitec coilovers   weitec coilovers I_icon_minitimeSun May 10 2009, 05:15

Weitec are quite good, but suspension depends on what you want from it and which car it's going on. People i've talked to say that weitec ride well but they wish they were a little harder to stop body roll.
Back to top Go down
blackGTI
Nomad
Nomad

weitec coilovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: weitec coilovers   weitec coilovers I_icon_minitimeSun May 10 2009, 14:32

they would be going on a mk3 golf gti, i drive the car every day so didnt want the ride really hard, maybe they would be good for me.
Back to top Go down
vw_colourconcept

weitec coilovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: weitec coilovers   weitec coilovers I_icon_minitimeSun May 31 2009, 04:33

just bought a set of fk ak . . for around the same price. . . il let you know how it is when i fit it next week
Back to top Go down
blackGTI
Nomad
Nomad

weitec coilovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: weitec coilovers   weitec coilovers I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09 2009, 13:32

Hi, how did you get on with your coilovers??? Ive just bought fk ak street suspension should be here tomorrow. Did you replace any mounts, im doing
front tops, rear tops and rear lowers?
Back to top Go down
vw_colourconcept

weitec coilovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: weitec coilovers   weitec coilovers I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10 2009, 00:13

not yet had a chance, but i will be replacing all the mounts and bushes . . . .might aswell . . but if you do replace them before me let me know how you get on . . .
is it on a mk3?
Back to top Go down
blackGTI
Nomad
Nomad

weitec coilovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: weitec coilovers   weitec coilovers I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10 2009, 13:19

Yes, a mk3 8v gti. I spoke to GSF and they have all suspension bushes in stock. Ill be fitting the suspension on sunday as long as it arrives by friday!
I need my rear axle bushes done as well but might get my mechanic to do those, heard they are a real pain to do!!!
Ill let you know how i get on
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

weitec coilovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: weitec coilovers   weitec coilovers I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10 2009, 16:37

vw_colourconcept wrote:
not yet had a chance, but i will be replacing all the mounts and bushes . . . .might aswell . . but if you do replace them before me let me know how you get on . . .
is it on a mk3?

Always replace the top mounts, pointless not doing them, then finding they need doing six month's later.

If you can afford to, and to your knowledge they haven't been done, i'd also replace the wishbones and ARB links and mounts. Replace your rubber mounts with poly ones (if you can afford these if not just replace with rubber ones).

The rear beam ones are a nightmare to get out, just set fire to them, poly ones are easier to get back in cause they split in half, rubber ones are a nightmare to get back in (WILL need a press to do this)
Back to top Go down
vw_colourconcept

weitec coilovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: weitec coilovers   weitec coilovers I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11 2009, 05:19

defo . . . im a lil short of money atm . . but i will change all those bits when i do fit the coilies . . . As for the top mounts iv been told vr6 mounts are better?? whats the difference?
Back to top Go down
blackGTI
Nomad
Nomad

weitec coilovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: weitec coilovers   weitec coilovers I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11 2009, 13:33

thanks for info bazza, i will be doing the rears with poly mounts. Hadnt heard that about vr6 top mounts before?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

weitec coilovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: weitec coilovers   weitec coilovers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

weitec coilovers
Page 1 of 1