Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Central Locking Vento 93 reg VR6

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
muttley
Nomad
Nomad
muttley

Central Locking Vento 93 reg VR6 Empty
PostSubject: Central Locking Vento 93 reg VR6   Central Locking Vento 93 reg VR6 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26 2010, 15:16

some strange stuff going on with the vento i think its got PMT or something, today i was driving about as normal and i noticed that on excelleration i could here a wirring noise coming from the engine bay, stopped car and got bonnet open reved up the car and couldnt here it at all
Got home and switched off engine went to lock the doors and nothin happened it just locked the one door that i was stood at. gave it a few more goes and nothin not even the usual locking noise.
Had to go out again this evening and the central locking still isnt working the wirring noise is still there but only on excelleration and to add to it the clock keeps resetting itself every time i start the car.
opened the boot to put something in and its full of water.
Surely this isnt what normal Vento VR6 ownership is meant to be like lol
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

Central Locking Vento 93 reg VR6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Central Locking Vento 93 reg VR6   Central Locking Vento 93 reg VR6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27 2010, 07:07

door locking is prob the air pump in the boot? does the central locking work from the n/s/f door??

if it does it'll be ur o/s/f door lock motor/actuator i think - i've had LOADS of mark 3 based cvars and NONE of them had working central locking that worked!!

the whirring noise may be ur water pump or aux tensioner under load!???

as for the water leak - i have no idea!!! ha!! - do a water test - maybe coming in through the rear lights or somethin??
Back to top Go down

Central Locking Vento 93 reg VR6
Page 1 of 1