Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Murrays Direct (VAG shop) Hatfield

Go down 
+4
vwdeviant
Calimori
Bazza
Knighty
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Knighty
Nomad
Nomad

Murrays Direct (VAG shop) Hatfield Empty
PostSubject: Murrays Direct (VAG shop) Hatfield   Murrays Direct (VAG shop) Hatfield I_icon_minitimeTue May 12 2009, 14:28

This is probably common knowledge, but this shop is opposite the Galleria in a small parade of shops. VW St Albans referred me there when some things I needed arent stocked by VW anymore, so thats something. I used them for my old black 8v but I'd forgotten all about them!

So far I have had off of him, plugs, leads, cap, rotor arm, air filter, oil filter, oil, coolant, temp guage sender, pedal rubbers, thermostat and a radiator. The only thing he didnt have in stock was the Rad and I ordered it at 9am and it was ready for collection at 1pm.
Bearing in mind this is all for a MK2 Golf and a 1985 one at that.

The parts are either decent German, Mann, Beru or other quality ones I'm not familiar with but everything has fitted and worked a treat, which doesnt always happen with GSF and Euro parts.

Price wise he's a couple of quid more expensive than GSF but the old dude himself and what i beleive to be his son are bloody knowledgeable.

They don't do tuning parts, trim both interior or exterior, and a few other bits but the website explains.

I highly recomend them. I work 5 mins up the road and they have been a godsend.

Details are

Murrays Direct
9 Harpsfield Broadway
Comet Way, Hatfield, AL10
01707 272 686

http://www.murraysdirect.co.uk/

Open 8am to 5.30 weekdays and 9 to 1 I think saturdays. Parking can be a bugger though.
Theres even a link to there ebay shop on the site.

Stu
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: Murrays Direct (VAG shop) Hatfield   Murrays Direct (VAG shop) Hatfield I_icon_minitimeTue May 12 2009, 17:21

Used em loads they are great.
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Murrays Direct (VAG shop) Hatfield   Murrays Direct (VAG shop) Hatfield I_icon_minitimeTue May 12 2009, 23:31

You need to know what vehicle you have, year, spec and have a reasonable idea about what you need. Once you supply that, they always get the correct part.
They do not do newer parts where a dealer will still sell them and they don't do aircooled anymore Sad.
Great people.
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: Murrays Direct (VAG shop) Hatfield   Murrays Direct (VAG shop) Hatfield I_icon_minitimeWed May 13 2009, 07:15

AHAHAHA! Baldy Steve will kill you for that Son comment!

Murray has 3 daughters! He's seriously proper old-skool parts guy.. won't buy cr@p parts, always OEM (or better) quailty... I have mentioned him before. I even got a CV joint for the Rado same day from him!

Shame Murray has left Air-cooled behind but I understand that... Air-cooled's where I cut my teeth with him!

He's a bit of a grumpy sod at times but he's well worth speaking to as his knowledge is massive!

I've been at a swapmeet confronted with piles of greasy bits and he bends down picks up a wheel bolt and says "Iltis"... Looked at the markings then, asked the vendor, and Bugger me it was! Just looked like a Bug wheel bolt to me!

They also do mail order as well! through the website!
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
Knighty
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: Murrays Direct (VAG shop) Hatfield   Murrays Direct (VAG shop) Hatfield I_icon_minitimeWed May 13 2009, 09:30

Blimey, they had a bicker yesterday about the positioning of the oil sensor and the water temp sensor working outward of the head.

It was just like father and son! It was rather funny.

But related or not, damn good chaps.

Stu
Back to top Go down
JoeStunts
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: Murrays Direct (VAG shop) Hatfield   Murrays Direct (VAG shop) Hatfield I_icon_minitimeWed May 13 2009, 12:42

The day i went there, and told him i dont have an engine code, the engine is on the wrong reg, and showed him the cambelt, and he gave me all the right service bits, and belt, was the day i became addicted!!!

Always helped me, and they are both great chaps.
Murray himself, is his own VW parts computer!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wheeliejoe.co.uk
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: Murrays Direct (VAG shop) Hatfield   Murrays Direct (VAG shop) Hatfield I_icon_minitimeThu May 14 2009, 03:24

get this in the helpful links section stu!
Back to top Go down
Knighty
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: Murrays Direct (VAG shop) Hatfield   Murrays Direct (VAG shop) Hatfield I_icon_minitimeThu May 14 2009, 06:24

How do I do that?

I shouted and ordered the PC to do it but I think its ignoring me.

I hate technology.
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Murrays Direct (VAG shop) Hatfield   Murrays Direct (VAG shop) Hatfield I_icon_minitimeThu May 14 2009, 11:20

We need an admin to move it. Coooeeeee, Mr Admins, can you move this Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Murrays Direct (VAG shop) Hatfield   Murrays Direct (VAG shop) Hatfield I_icon_minitimeThu May 14 2009, 11:27

moved (y)
Back to top Go down
Super_Shaun
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: Murrays Direct (VAG shop) Hatfield   Murrays Direct (VAG shop) Hatfield I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02 2009, 00:38

Nice to know I have somewhere to go when if the Goof refuses to start one day @ work.
I work At Uno bus just behind in the Bussiness park. Might go for a wander on my meal break.
Back to top Go down
luckystrike
luckystrike

PostSubject: Re: Murrays Direct (VAG shop) Hatfield   Murrays Direct (VAG shop) Hatfield I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01 2010, 17:00

More love for Murrays, good to see. Pretty much all the oily stuff under my bonnet has come from them and they're damn cheap for the quality they supply. Huzzah.
Back to top Go down
http://www.no-rice.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Murrays Direct (VAG shop) Hatfield   Murrays Direct (VAG shop) Hatfield I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Murrays Direct (VAG shop) Hatfield
Page 1 of 1