Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

fuel rail on mk2 gti

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
G4Z
Nomad
Nomad

fuel rail on mk2 gti Empty
PostSubject: fuel rail on mk2 gti   fuel rail on mk2 gti I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04 2008, 06:55

Hey guys. Would it be possible to fit a G60 fuel rail to my mk2 valver?

ta
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fuel rail on mk2 gti   fuel rail on mk2 gti I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04 2008, 08:25

G4Z wrote:
Would it be possible to fit a G60 fuel rail to my mk2 valver?

Easy mate,

from what ive looked at on my valver quickly, its not possible mate, what you have to remember is the mk2 16v and g60 run different fuel management and fueling setups, with different injectors etc etc!

pop the bonnet on the valver mate, and you will see the individual fuel lines from the k-jet setup to the second part of the inlet manifold aand injectors are mounted through that second part of the manifold.

to cut a long story short, No i dont think it will work.

unless someone can prove me wrong. cant see it being a easy modification.

anyways, just run honed 16v injectors Wink

Dubsy
Back to top Go down
G4Z
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: fuel rail on mk2 gti   fuel rail on mk2 gti I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04 2008, 09:09

ah cheers mate. i'm just thinking of a performance modification to do with fueling. do you have any suggestions?

What do u mean by honed injectors?

Gaz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fuel rail on mk2 gti   fuel rail on mk2 gti I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04 2008, 09:41

G4Z wrote:

What do u mean by honed injectors?

Gaz

honed injectors are ultrasonicaly cleaned, and flow tested at certain pressures, and they deliver well with optimum fueling and jet pattern eg the way they spray!

personally dude, i would run a 2.0 ABF bottom end! trust me, it brings that grunt and from what ive heard, when set up on a dyno, with the WUR mod, you can be looking at around 170bhp+!! dubdred is the man in the chair for this sort of stuff!

dans running the ABF head too.

but if you do run with a ABF bottom end, KEEP THOSE KR CAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TRUST ME Wink

theres so much you can do with the 16v its untrue!

any more info you need chief?
Back to top Go down
G4Z
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: fuel rail on mk2 gti   fuel rail on mk2 gti I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04 2008, 13:51

Yeah please. Where can i get me some honed injectors!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: fuel rail on mk2 gti   fuel rail on mk2 gti I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14 2008, 02:40

pound for pound your first step should be to
-get the car set up at stealth
-including WUR mod (increases fueling at top end)
- upgrade exhaust but not down pipe

make what you'v got work right first

if that aint good enough swap the engine for an ABF 2.0 16v fits straight in 170 bhp STANDARD!!!

honed injectors my arrrrrse !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fuel rail on mk2 gti   fuel rail on mk2 gti I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14 2008, 05:02

dubdread wrote:

no no Very Happy heard its the way forward, especially with that WUR mod allowing more fuel . im problably wrong though
Back to top Go down
G4Z
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: fuel rail on mk2 gti   fuel rail on mk2 gti I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20 2008, 16:19

dubdread wrote:
pound for pound your first step should be to
-get the car set up at stealth
-including WUR mod (increases fueling at top end)
- upgrade exhaust but not down pipe

make what you'v got work right first

if that aint good enough swap the engine for an ABF 2.0 16v fits straight in 170 bhp STANDARD!!!

Hey mate, just wondering what the WUR mod involves? Exhaust is already done, down pipe is standard! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fuel rail on mk2 gti   fuel rail on mk2 gti I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21 2008, 13:51

WUR mod (Warm up regulator) is what controls most of your fueling, they drill it out allowing more fuel to be able to run through, adjust timing etc.

Personally, if i was you, try and find a 2.0 ABF bottom end, the 1.8 16v is still quick, but i found you still have to be real alert of new hot hatches about ready to test you, but once you aquire a ABF bottom end........its like roaming the streets with a bullet proof vest....Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fuel rail on mk2 gti   fuel rail on mk2 gti I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

fuel rail on mk2 gti
Page 1 of 1