Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

morrisons fuel?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

morrisons fuel? Empty
PostSubject: morrisons fuel?   morrisons fuel? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28 2009, 15:19

I'm sure most of us don't use Morrison's fuel in our cars, but might be worth passing this information to friends/relatives who may do...

As some of you may know, my old man works in a large Esso oil refinery. He advised me yesterday not to buy fuel from Morrison's anymore because of changes they have made. While all fuels now contain 5% bio ethanol as an environmental measure, Morrison's are using fuel with 15% bio ethanol which does not comply with British Standards (if you look on their pumps now, the BS mark has been removed and I have seen this for myself to confirm it). Bio ethanol in some tests that Esso ran, can lead to degradation of rubber seals & gaskets where it comes into contact with them over a long period of time. In the test room, this is believed to have lead to premature failures in the fuel systems. New seals have been developed for new cars which resist this for longer, but older cars such as the Mk4 could still be prone to being affected by this.

It's not a chance I want to take and think it's worrying that Morrison's bosses have decided to take this gamble on the motorist's behalf without giving any warning information about it.

I just thought it was right to pass this on to make people aware...

found this on another forum scratch
Back to top Go down
PINKY
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
PINKY

morrisons fuel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: morrisons fuel?   morrisons fuel? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29 2009, 03:23

Only Shell premium for me.
Back to top Go down
http://stephanie.routledge@hotmail.co.uk
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

morrisons fuel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: morrisons fuel?   morrisons fuel? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29 2009, 04:04

damm those FAT CATS

i am a tesco's super man myself

what does your dad use?
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

morrisons fuel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: morrisons fuel?   morrisons fuel? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29 2009, 12:24

I think we will find this is a fast spreading internet story with some truth and some misunderstandings. The UK-IV's forum had someone ring them:

Ok, I called Morrisons and spoke to their customer service department, and they in turn spoke to the fuel procurement team.

Paraphrasing alot as I didn't write the conversation down;
"Morrisons only sell fuel which is BS EN 228 certified and is regularly checked by weights and measure to ensure it meets this standard. Their unleaded petrol has a maximum blend of 5% Ethanol as set out by the BS EN 228 standard. The only petrol fuel they sell with a higher content of Ethanol is E85 which is clearly marked at the pumps"
So Morrisons lied to me, or the above is the truth.

Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

morrisons fuel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: morrisons fuel?   morrisons fuel? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29 2009, 18:02

Thanks for the info tell.
Back to top Go down
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

morrisons fuel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: morrisons fuel?   morrisons fuel? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30 2009, 04:15

Looks like someone at Asda has been spreading porkies...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

morrisons fuel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: morrisons fuel?   morrisons fuel? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

morrisons fuel?
Page 1 of 1