Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersien, good-bye

Go down 
+4
Calimori
smiffy-g60
Bazza
vwdeviant
8 posters
AuthorMessage
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersien, good-bye Empty
PostSubject: So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersien, good-bye   So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersien, good-bye I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18 2008, 01:57

And other ramdom Sound of music lyrics (Damn Christmas films getting into my subconcious!)

It's ok I'm not off forever, just I'll be quiet for the next week or so, as of 1.25 tomorrow morning I'll be on a plane bound for Zante in Greece to get some much needed sun! cheers

Only issue is the weather forecast says it's going to rain 3days out of the week were there! Evil or Very Mad

Anyway will have the Camera on me so will try and snap any Greek-style VW's out there.

Be good while I'm away kids! Don't wreck the joint! And some-one remember to feed the cat cat whilst I'm away please! Oh and last one on here at night please turn off the light! geek
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersien, good-bye   So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersien, good-bye I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18 2008, 02:20

Farewell for now dude, enjoy Zante, nice place been before. Check out the sea turtles.
Back to top Go down
smiffy-g60
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersien, good-bye   So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersien, good-bye I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18 2008, 02:28

Its a great place, I worked over there for 3 months a couple of years back. The see turtles come close to the beach for a around 9ish..
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersien, good-bye   So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersien, good-bye I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18 2008, 08:39

Have a great time.
On monday I am off to Poland for a week to meet the girlfriends parents, I would say goodbye to you but I don't know the Polish yet...
Back to top Go down
PINKY
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
PINKY

PostSubject: Re: So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersien, good-bye   So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersien, good-bye I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18 2008, 09:32

Lucky bugger! Iv been there too..lovely place as Baz says..the Logger head sea turtles are cool and massive! oh and the dolphins too...ahhhhhh Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://stephanie.routledge@hotmail.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersien, good-bye   So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersien, good-bye I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18 2008, 14:19

have a good time fella, get yourself a well earned break....get you all re-freshed so you can flat out on the rado Very Happy

take it easy out there!

Dubsy
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersien, good-bye   So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersien, good-bye I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19 2008, 02:50

asta malaka!!!!
Back to top Go down
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

PostSubject: Re: So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersien, good-bye   So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersien, good-bye I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23 2008, 11:43

Yo dude have well earned break and we hope to see you tanned up!! at the next meet... sunny
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersien, good-bye   So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersien, good-bye I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29 2008, 01:43

I'm BAAAACCCCCKKKK! Laughing

Only slightly tanned as it rained for two days when we were there! Sad

Rest of the time was spent hammering a Daewoo(SP?) Matiz into the ground, yeah baby! 3-cylenders and 850cc of raw 50hp-power! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Matt I can see what happens when you engage Air-con now, the damn thing stopped on a hill untill I turned off the Air-con! lol!

Hotel was rubbish! Pool apparently wasn't cleaned for a week, beds really uncomfortable, and their saftey deposit boxes were all cleaned out the week before we got there... Oh and when you book a 7-night holiday with Thomas Cook with night flights (out at 1.45 on Friday and back at 6.30 following Friday) you actually only get SIX nights in your room! We had to book into another hotel for the last night as we were supposed to check out at 10am Thursday and weren't being picked up by our transfer to the airport till 4.00am Friday morning! Evil or Very Mad

But on the up-side they had the cutest batch of kittens, only a few weeks old living out the back in the hotel's vine yard, so we had some distraction....

We managed all the "sights" even did the blue caves on out last day despite the sea being a bit "choppy" would have been absolutely phenominal if the sun was out and the sea calm though!

Oh and if you go, don't believe the locals when they say you don't get hangovers from the island's wine.... THEY LIE! jocolor
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersien, good-bye   So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersien, good-bye I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29 2008, 02:58

seems a shame u had some rubbish experiances, hope they didnt dampen ur holiday too much.

nice ta have ya back mr moderator
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersien, good-bye   So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersien, good-bye I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29 2008, 05:04

Funny enough I ended up with a Matiz which I used to invade Berlin with on my hols to Poland. Not quite the same as a russian tank....
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersien, good-bye   So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersien, good-bye I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29 2008, 06:24

Fitzy wrote:
seems a shame u had some rubbish experiances, hope they didnt dampen ur holiday too much.

nice ta have ya back mr moderator

Nah it was the "Random Text Message" I recieved Mr Fitz! Laughing Made me smile!

Ah but Cali was your Matiz in the very un-tasteful mettalic orange with a full length sunroof? Yeah baby Pimp Dat Ride! (a-hem.. NOT!)
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersien, good-bye   So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersien, good-bye I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29 2008, 07:29

hahahahaha!!!! yeah i thought it was hillarious!! i'm glad u did too!!!!

WOW me and kayleigh had a kia picanto thingy,

was it similar to this funky colour!!!???

So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersien, good-bye Cyprus112-1
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersien, good-bye   So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersien, good-bye I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29 2008, 08:43

Aye this is pretty much waht it was in but appeared much "Brighter" thanks to the Med sun (when it was sunny!)

So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersien, good-bye AETV22476965_1b

Oh and a full-length webasto roof and steelies, plus a bit more of a 4x4 ride height which was handy as ome of their "B" roads are how can I put this nicely, Goat Tracks!
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersien, good-bye   So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersien, good-bye I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29 2008, 09:02

Ah, no, ours was a lurid yellow with gold sprayed wheels caps. No sunroof and very bumpy roads but not like the goat tracks I drove the last matiz on in Lanzerote.
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersien, good-bye   So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersien, good-bye I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29 2008, 11:01

Glad your back dude, sorry wasn't as good as it shouldv'e been. Did let the greek consulate know that there was a Nomad in their midst, so they should have sorted it out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersien, good-bye   So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersien, good-bye I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersien, good-bye
Page 1 of 1