Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hunting idle and loss of power + read Vag codes

Go down 
+2
moonsta
beemer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
beemer

Hunting idle and loss of power + read Vag codes Empty
PostSubject: Hunting idle and loss of power + read Vag codes   Hunting idle and loss of power + read Vag codes I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06 2008, 09:34

Hi all used to own the white Polo coupe now owned by Adam so met a few of you the other week Rolling Eyes

Well the Polo never let us down but its replacement a 1995 Mk3 Golf 1.8 Driver is causing me some grief.

It stopped completely the other day in torrential rain but has been fine since. It has now developed an erratic idle after revving it drops to about 800rpm then evens out about 1100rpm and sometimes when driving loses power but seems fine over 3k.

I was initially thinking maybe a fuel pump (157thousand miles) but today I run a diagnostic on it and got the results shown below.

After clearing them 00282 & 00516 return immediately, I assume 0516 because the engine is not running?

But if anyone can tell me in English what 00282 means or what action to take, or where to find/replace the TPA with the implausible signal is?

Thx
TonY

Chassis Type: 1H - VW G/J/V Mk3
Scan: 01,02,03,08,15,25,56

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 01: Engine
Controller: 3A0 907 311
Component: 1,8l R4 MONO 1.2.3 DGC
Coding: PMC 01
4 Faults Found:
00282 - Throttle Position Actuator (V60)
27-00 - Implausible Signal
00515 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
03-00 - Please Register/Activate
00670 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
03-00 - Please Register/Activate
00516 - Closed Throttle (Idle) Position Switch (F60)
30-10 - Open or Short to B+ - Intermittent
Readiness: N/A
Skipping Address 15-Airbags
Address 25: Immobilizer
Controller: 1H0 953 257 B
Component: IMMO VWZ3Z0S0182569 V00
Coding: 09600
Shop #: WSC 00000
No fault code found.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bmw7resource.co.uk
moonsta
Nomad
Nomad
moonsta

PostSubject: Re: Hunting idle and loss of power + read Vag codes   Hunting idle and loss of power + read Vag codes I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07 2008, 06:23

don't know about the codes but check all connections to the inlet manifold for air leaks in particular all the vacuum hoses for being perished. if it is single point injection check if it has a rubber base mounting as they split with time and allow air leaks also. on the subject of sinbgle point injection take it off and throughly cleans it inside with carb cleaner as at that mileage it will probably be quite crappy. let us know if any of this any good or works..... joe
Back to top Go down
G4Z
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: Hunting idle and loss of power + read Vag codes   Hunting idle and loss of power + read Vag codes I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07 2008, 15:34

clean the idle control valve mate. also check the pipework around air box.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunting idle and loss of power + read Vag codes   Hunting idle and loss of power + read Vag codes I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10 2008, 16:47

Def try the carb cleaner, My Vr went a bit tempermental 6 months ago when it started feeling grotty and stalled occasionaly when pressing the clutch to change gear. When i cleaned it i started the engine, took every thing off up untill the butterfly valve and reved it whilst spraying loads of carb cleaner in there, looked to be very dirty. Once it settled after the last spray, turned the engine of, then disconnected the battery for half hour then reconnected it. Havent had a prob since and been running really nice. Also check for vacum hose leaks.
Back to top Go down
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

PostSubject: Re: Hunting idle and loss of power + read Vag codes   Hunting idle and loss of power + read Vag codes I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 24 2008, 14:06

Hey dude... sorry to hear your having probs with the mk3.... if you want the codes read and diagnosed properly... then try CALAMORI on this site he has proper VAG-COM diagnostics he may be able to help decipher these codes.... good luck chap!
Back to top Go down
jakeabee
Nomad
Nomad
jakeabee

PostSubject: Re: Hunting idle and loss of power + read Vag codes   Hunting idle and loss of power + read Vag codes I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26 2008, 14:39

i have this exact same problem be sure to update us when you find the culprit
Back to top Go down
beemer

PostSubject: Re: Hunting idle and loss of power + read Vag codes   Hunting idle and loss of power + read Vag codes I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 28 2008, 07:40

Cheers Steve & all

Well after cleaning all the electrical plugs ecu, throttle body, distributor, coil etc with contact cleaner and clearing the codes its behaved perfectly ever since - touchwood

PS hows Adam getting on with the Polo?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bmw7resource.co.uk
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Hunting idle and loss of power + read Vag codes   Hunting idle and loss of power + read Vag codes I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29 2008, 05:25

If any club member needs me to run a diag then I am more than willing, I try to bring it to the meets so just grab me and ask.
Back to top Go down
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

PostSubject: Re: Hunting idle and loss of power + read Vag codes   Hunting idle and loss of power + read Vag codes I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03 2008, 03:27

beemer wrote:
Cheers Steve & all

Well after cleaning all the electrical plugs ecu, throttle body, distributor, coil etc with contact cleaner and clearing the codes its behaved perfectly ever since - touchwood

PS hows Adam getting on with the Polo?
Hi dude, glad the cars better now.... Adam has been at uni in liverpool for the last 6wks, he,s back this weekend for a while... the polo has had quite a few changes and im sure he,ll post up some pics soon.... peace!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting idle and loss of power + read Vag codes   Hunting idle and loss of power + read Vag codes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting idle and loss of power + read Vag codes
Page 1 of 1