Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Great Scott! Check out this Scirocco

Go down 
+6
Bazza
john @ Bennetts car parts
Lupomike
L0WRiDE
vwdeviant
Knighty
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Knighty
Nomad
Nomad

Great Scott!  Check out this Scirocco Empty
PostSubject: Great Scott! Check out this Scirocco   Great Scott!  Check out this Scirocco I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16 2008, 06:15

Then check out the bidder questions at the bottom!

Awesome

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230271210088&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: Great Scott! Check out this Scirocco   Great Scott!  Check out this Scirocco I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16 2008, 06:30

Gash...
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
L0WRiDE
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
L0WRiDE

PostSubject: Re: Great Scott! Check out this Scirocco   Great Scott!  Check out this Scirocco I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16 2008, 06:44

i neeeeeeeeeeeeed that !!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thrashed-racing.co.uk
Lupomike
Nomad
Nomad
Lupomike

PostSubject: Re: Great Scott! Check out this Scirocco   Great Scott!  Check out this Scirocco I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16 2008, 09:32

What a waste
Back to top Go down
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: Great Scott! Check out this Scirocco   Great Scott!  Check out this Scirocco I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16 2008, 15:43

thats so funny
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: Great Scott! Check out this Scirocco   Great Scott!  Check out this Scirocco I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16 2008, 17:02

Sorry can't see the funny side of this. This is such of a waste of a future classic car. There are less and less of these left on the road as it is, can't see this as anything more than an abomination Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Knighty
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: Great Scott! Check out this Scirocco   Great Scott!  Check out this Scirocco I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17 2008, 12:54

More reliable than a real DeLorean though!

And I think he got his Blue Peter badge in craft.

Stu
Back to top Go down
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

PostSubject: Re: Great Scott! Check out this Scirocco   Great Scott!  Check out this Scirocco I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22 2008, 15:12

Whatever floats ya boat!
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Great Scott! Check out this Scirocco   Great Scott!  Check out this Scirocco I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23 2008, 03:23

Most of the parts of the original are still there, it can probably still be returned to original for some cost. I feel a little sorry for it but also see the funny side, have considered putting in a bid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great Scott! Check out this Scirocco   Great Scott!  Check out this Scirocco I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23 2008, 10:35

runs out today!! im looking for a win!!

funny! but seriously would you drive it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great Scott! Check out this Scirocco   Great Scott!  Check out this Scirocco I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23 2008, 12:46

Bazza wrote:
Sorry can't see the funny side of this. This is such of a waste of a future classic car. There are less and less of these left on the road as it is, can't see this as anything more than an abomination Evil or Very Mad

Agree with you there bazza. Just no need for silly things like this!

real shame! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Great Scott! Check out this Scirocco   Great Scott!  Check out this Scirocco I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23 2008, 15:31

There is a definite theme that they have managed to complete on what I imagine was a budget, it will amuse people and entertain children so is the real problem that it was not kept original? Seriously, the modifications to that car to many are no worse that what some of us do to our cars. It will be a sad old world when a bunch of modders think that someone else idea of fun with a car is a crime.

Last edited by Calimori on Wed Jul 23 2008, 16:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: Great Scott! Check out this Scirocco   Great Scott!  Check out this Scirocco I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23 2008, 16:14

well said ...
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: Great Scott! Check out this Scirocco   Great Scott!  Check out this Scirocco I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24 2008, 01:31

Calimori wrote:
There is a definite theme that they have managed to complete on what I imagine was a budget, it will amuse people and entertain children so is the real problem that it was not kept original? Seriously, the modifications to that car to many are no worse that what some of us do to our cars. It will be a sad old world when a bunch of modders think that someone else idea of fun with a car is a crime.

It's still Gash though Geoff!
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Great Scott! Check out this Scirocco   Great Scott!  Check out this Scirocco I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24 2008, 02:40

LOL, personally I would prefer it original yes and it does look a little cheap.
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: Great Scott! Check out this Scirocco   Great Scott!  Check out this Scirocco I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24 2008, 07:10

As I said before, it wouldn't matter if it was a car that was abundent in number. Maybe in a few years they use a corrado, when their numbers are as low?
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Great Scott! Check out this Scirocco   Great Scott!  Check out this Scirocco I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24 2008, 07:26

Now I am usually in total agreement with this sentimentality, just ask Knighty of how I react to destructive modifications to old Beetles. To some people that was just an old car, now it is something different and some people might learn more about the Rocco's and so save one from the scrape heap.
Who knows but whilst I do feel your pain, if we judge we also deserved to be judged and at present this group runs very few standards VW's.
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: Great Scott! Check out this Scirocco   Great Scott!  Check out this Scirocco I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24 2008, 08:06

I would be fine with being judged, I know mine isn't standard, but think there is a difference between defaced and modified.
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Great Scott! Check out this Scirocco   Great Scott!  Check out this Scirocco I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24 2008, 08:31

That definition of defaced is subjective, you have a right to see it as being defaced just as those who don't understand our modding to judge us the same way. I would however defend your right to make changes to your vehicle, I would however prefer that any changes could be reversed at a later date.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great Scott! Check out this Scirocco   Great Scott!  Check out this Scirocco I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24 2008, 09:55

very deep thread fellas!

liking this alot.

I know what calimori is putting across (just about with the big words used)

but totally see what bazza's saying!
Back to top Go down
Lupomike
Nomad
Nomad
Lupomike

PostSubject: Re: Great Scott! Check out this Scirocco   Great Scott!  Check out this Scirocco I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24 2008, 10:45

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: Great Scott! Check out this Scirocco   Great Scott!  Check out this Scirocco I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24 2008, 16:05

Lupomike wrote:

No they are not!!!!!!!!!! My opinion is the only one that is right and correct lol! lol! lol!

Seriously though, I can see anyone's point of view as valid, but I can only see the waste of a model of car that I happen to like. Fair enough if someone is going to spend the time returning this to standard or slightly modified, my only arguement is the parts are hard to come by as I have found out. Maybe I might be over-reacting a little, but I feel really passionate about this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great Scott! Check out this Scirocco   Great Scott!  Check out this Scirocco I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25 2008, 01:04

Bazza wrote:
Lupomike wrote:

No they are not!!!!!!!!!! My opinion is the only one that is right and correct lol! lol! lol!

Seriously though, I can see anyone's point of view as valid, but I can only see the waste of a model of car that I happen to like. Fair enough if someone is going to spend the time returning this to standard or slightly modified, my only arguement is the parts are hard to come by as I have found out. Maybe I might be over-reacting a little, but I feel really passionate about this.

I know exactly what you mean mate! exactly!
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: Great Scott! Check out this Scirocco   Great Scott!  Check out this Scirocco I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25 2008, 02:44

I'm with Bazza on this us Karmann Coupe owners have to stick together!

Personally got sick of the MK2 Rocco/ Delorean comparison, to any-one with an eye they're as different as Mk2/3 golfs!
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: Great Scott! Check out this Scirocco   Great Scott!  Check out this Scirocco I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25 2008, 08:18

vwdeviant wrote:
I'm with Bazza on this us Karmann Coupe owners have to stick together!

Personally got sick of the MK2 Rocco/ Delorean comparison, to any-one with an eye they're as different as Mk2/3 golfs!

HERE HERE!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great Scott! Check out this Scirocco   Great Scott!  Check out this Scirocco I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Great Scott! Check out this Scirocco
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next