Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

shakeys G60 For sale on E38....what you think?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

shakeys G60 For sale on E38....what you think? Empty
PostSubject: shakeys G60 For sale on E38....what you think?   shakeys G60 For sale on E38....what you think? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2008, 03:29

just on e38 and stumbled accross shakeys 16v converted to a G60. looking through it got alot of work done to it, including oz Turbos, and he only wants 2500 including the wheels......needs a tiny bit of body work, but, nothing old Lukey cant sort out Wink

what you lot think to a g60 converted valver.......?

Opionions Por Favour

cheers

:king:G60
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: shakeys G60 For sale on E38....what you think?   shakeys G60 For sale on E38....what you think? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2008, 04:03

i cant find it on e38 but i would say

reciepts! reciepts! receipts!

vw did make g60 16v but only 500 and only 5 door (for the hoes!)

so the path has beeen walked

wen was the supercharger serviced? by whom is it a g-ladar or eaton or what???

has the compression beeen altered to allow for s.c does it need to be ???

has it had head gasket done ???

what ecu is being used??/ , 16v dont need one as they have mechanical injection

but a g60 requires one???

dyno'd power power run , if he's spent all that money doin conversion it must have gone onna dyno,,

also very most importantly has the gearbox been uprated ??? with at least stiffend diff pins
what gearbox, clutch, flywheel is innit???
all this is very expensive stufff if it "goes" blowin a diff can cost up to a grand!!!

and finally (coz i gotta do some work!)

remember "buy in haste repent at your leisure"

and an ABF MK2 makes 180bhp Without a super charger
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: shakeys G60 For sale on E38....what you think?   shakeys G60 For sale on E38....what you think? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2008, 04:18

no no no, at the bottom of my post i left a link, its in green the links "G60" next to the emotion i left.

and its a normal 8v g60, just converted from a 16v vehicle itself.
Back to top Go down
spooner
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: shakeys G60 For sale on E38....what you think?   shakeys G60 For sale on E38....what you think? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2008, 04:27

sounds alright but you have got to bear in mind it will never sell for G60 money, and also some insurance companys can be funny about this sort of thing even though its been before, Also on another note good Mk2's are starting to demand a premium sale price now so in theroy its been devalued! G60's are a great engine but for me they are better in the cars they came with(G60,Rallye) but at the end of the day its your car your choice, just make sure its all backed with receipts
Good luck
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: shakeys G60 For sale on E38....what you think?   shakeys G60 For sale on E38....what you think? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2008, 04:32

yer cheers fellas, thing is, id rather go and buy a mk2 which has been fucked around with. so im still looking for a mk2 GTi valver but just stumbled across this, just wanted peoples opinions.

cheers fellas.
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: shakeys G60 For sale on E38....what you think?   shakeys G60 For sale on E38....what you think? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2008, 04:53

I'd say sod it and get it, £2.5K of which at least £700 (£1k if you can find some-one scene enough) is wheels and a complete Rallye engine's gotta be worth at least £1k. so really a 16v rolling shell with all the bits for £500! Surprised

Wonder if he'd swap it for my Rado? confused
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: shakeys G60 For sale on E38....what you think?   shakeys G60 For sale on E38....what you think? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2008, 05:32

ok now i clicked the link , Rolling Eyes

its cheap coz its a mongrel! and i belive g60's aint that fast as standard valvers are very nearly as fast apparently

the downside would be resale not as much as original g60, and you are at the mercy of what this owner hasnt done? but i suppose thats the same with any mk2

i would still say the gearbox will be the weak link, its not gonna be the rallaye one so what is it???

the 8v and g60 are quite torquey so makin your diff go bang is possible if its using a standard 8v box for example

this depends on your drivin style of course

the good bit is she is a beaut and is a right hand drive G60 , and pretty much all done

its your call
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: shakeys G60 For sale on E38....what you think?   shakeys G60 For sale on E38....what you think? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2008, 08:18

Nice looking car though agree it is a mongrel so it is anyones guess what has and hasn't been done. Thing is that the parts might be worth it and someone else has had the pain.
2.5k is a lot of money though...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: shakeys G60 For sale on E38....what you think?   shakeys G60 For sale on E38....what you think? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

shakeys G60 For sale on E38....what you think?
Page 1 of 1