Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hello from Cheshunt/London

Go down 
+3
eo1n92
SuperMario
Sumgui Owen
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sumgui Owen
Sumgui Owen

Hello from Cheshunt/London  Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Cheshunt/London    Hello from Cheshunt/London  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03 2013, 09:38

pirat Hello Guys.

I'm Owen, i drive a 99 mk3 1.8cl golf estate. Picked it up bout 5 months ago with 22,000 on the clock had been garaged for most it's life up in cambridge by some old girl i'll get pics up soon.

But yea is there any activity around this neck of the woods i see theres a hemel meet got a few people that would be interested in that!!

Back to top Go down
SuperMario
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
SuperMario

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cheshunt/London    Hello from Cheshunt/London  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03 2013, 12:06

Welcome dude, theres a meet thursday if you want to pop up? dont no what you mean about 'activity' tho? Tbh not a lot happens thu the club anymore.

11 views and 1 comment, if that's anything to go by lol
Back to top Go down
eo1n92
eo1n92

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cheshunt/London    Hello from Cheshunt/London  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03 2013, 14:40

Hey you alright mate,

I also live in Cheshunt and commute into Enfield every day in my 93 Vw Polo.

Not much out in Cheshunt as far as I know, im going to the meet tomorrow and in the way of activity I alway get some yob in a dropped saxo trying to race on the A10
Back to top Go down
Sumgui Owen
Sumgui Owen

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cheshunt/London    Hello from Cheshunt/London  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04 2013, 03:50

haha sweet hello lads. Yea by activity i suppose i mean just runs and meets really. Is there not any runs over to Ace Cafe and what not? could be cool idea.

Wheres the meet tomorrow? Where bouts in cheshunt you living e01n92?

I'm going to Elemental over in Raleigh on Sat you can pay on the gate £5.00

There will be me,x2 beetles and a matte rat polo lol

Hopefully weathers good.
Back to top Go down
eo1n92
eo1n92

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cheshunt/London    Hello from Cheshunt/London  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04 2013, 04:44

Sounds like a good idea, the meet today is at the cow roast pub, but there is a convoy meet at Hemel hampstead halfords at 7 I have been told, it's my first meet so I don't know what to expect.

I live just past the old pond and before Cheshunt station how about yourself.
Back to top Go down
Sumgui Owen
Sumgui Owen

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cheshunt/London    Hello from Cheshunt/London  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04 2013, 06:40

Sounds like a plan to me lol dunno if anyone else is on it. Would love to come to the meet, isnt the cow roast pub in tring or berkie?

I live just up by the old anchor pub lol so round the corner did you go to school round Chehsunt?

Back to top Go down
eo1n92
eo1n92

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cheshunt/London    Hello from Cheshunt/London  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04 2013, 06:54

Yeah the cow roast pub is in tring but they meet at Hemel at 7 and drive down together. I'm doing that today for the first time haha.

No no I have only been living up here for a few years now went to school in Enfield
Back to top Go down
D.A.M IT!
D.A.M IT!

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cheshunt/London    Hello from Cheshunt/London  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04 2013, 10:25

Welcome to the nomads Smile
Back to top Go down
Sumgui Owen
Sumgui Owen

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cheshunt/London    Hello from Cheshunt/London  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05 2013, 01:45

@ E01N92 - Ah got ya, sweet. Did you go to the meet last night ?

And thank you for the welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
minty "TIMMY"
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
minty

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cheshunt/London    Hello from Cheshunt/London  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05 2013, 05:46

Welcome tHe mad house we call nomads!!
Back to top Go down
Sumgui Owen
Sumgui Owen

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cheshunt/London    Hello from Cheshunt/London  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05 2013, 07:54

Cheers Minty.

Anyone going Elemental?
Back to top Go down
eo1n92
eo1n92

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cheshunt/London    Hello from Cheshunt/London  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05 2013, 20:09

Yeah I went to a meet for the first time last night , there a friendly bunch for sure so Dw about your first time haha was a good laugh, and makes a change from nothing happening around Cheshunt
Back to top Go down
peter_bfc
Nomad
Nomad
peter_bfc

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cheshunt/London    Hello from Cheshunt/London  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06 2013, 02:42

welcome to the club. im braking am mk3 golf estate with some cool bits on if you are looking for anything (coliover, wheels, smoothed wings etc)
Back to top Go down
Sumgui Owen
Sumgui Owen

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cheshunt/London    Hello from Cheshunt/London  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07 2013, 05:48

eo1n92 wrote:
Yeah I went to a meet for the first time last night , there a friendly bunch for sure so Dw about your first time haha was a good laugh, and makes a change from nothing happening around Cheshunt

That is very true the boring ol' town ay. I'm pretty sure i saw you yesterday you slowed down to look at my mates beetle lol if it wasnt then there's another bread van in cheshunt lol. was down Cadmore and we just got back from elemental.
Back to top Go down
Sumgui Owen
Sumgui Owen

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cheshunt/London    Hello from Cheshunt/London  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07 2013, 05:50

peter_bfc wrote:
welcome to the club. im braking am mk3 golf estate with some cool bits on if you are looking for anything (coliover, wheels, smoothed wings etc)

Hi Peter, just getting used to using the Forum lol. Ooooo Is that your estate in the Pic? You keeping the Vento front lol? and what coilovers have you got been looking for some for a little while now my car is definitely missing a drop.
Back to top Go down
eo1n92
eo1n92

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cheshunt/London    Hello from Cheshunt/London  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07 2013, 07:27

Haha that was me mate I see that beetle every day I live down the bottom of cad more lane haha that's one sweet sweet bettle, small world isn't it haha
Back to top Go down
Sumgui Owen
Sumgui Owen

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cheshunt/London    Hello from Cheshunt/London  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07 2013, 09:18

eo1n92 wrote:
Haha that was me mate I see that beetle every day I live down the bottom of cad more lane haha that's one sweet sweet bettle, small world isn't it haha

Ha Ha.. Awesome I thought so. Were gonna have to hook up or definitely head to the next meet together. I'll get beetle boy to come along but prob in his polo lol, cause we had a bit of a nightmare getting it to the show yesterday.
Back to top Go down
eo1n92
eo1n92

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cheshunt/London    Hello from Cheshunt/London  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07 2013, 09:39

Ahh yh we have too being so close it's crazy haha, and yeah what polo does he have aswell, you have the golf estate, I'm going to have to look out for it now on my travels
Back to top Go down
peter_bfc
Nomad
Nomad
peter_bfc

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cheshunt/London    Hello from Cheshunt/London  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07 2013, 12:21

SUMGUI wrote:
peter_bfc wrote:

Hi Peter, just getting used to using the Forum lol. Ooooo Is that your estate in the Pic? You keeping the Vento front lol? and what coilovers have you got been looking for some for a little while now my car is definitely missing a drop.

the front went in about 10 mins mate lol

coilover are just cheap ebay ones but only about a year old
Back to top Go down
Sumgui Owen
Sumgui Owen

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cheshunt/London    Hello from Cheshunt/London  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07 2013, 13:21

peter_bfc wrote:
SUMGUI wrote:
peter_bfc wrote:

the front went in about 10 mins mate lol

coilover are just cheap ebay ones but only about a year old

Am not surprised lol, are they ta technix (hot tuning ones) what sort of price you looking for them bud?
Back to top Go down
Sumgui Owen
Sumgui Owen

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cheshunt/London    Hello from Cheshunt/London  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07 2013, 13:28

eo1n92 wrote:
Ahh yh we have too being so close it's crazy haha, and yeah what polo does he have aswell, you have the golf estate, I'm going to have to look out for it now on my travels

I know lol his got a mk4 polo matte black all over lol. usually where the beetle is.
Back to top Go down
eo1n92
eo1n92

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cheshunt/London    Hello from Cheshunt/London  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07 2013, 14:53

Yh yh I know the one set on the black wheels right, maybe there are a few more dubbers around than when I first thought
Back to top Go down
Sumgui Owen
Sumgui Owen

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cheshunt/London    Hello from Cheshunt/London  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08 2013, 02:24

eo1n92 wrote:
Yh yh I know the one set on the black wheels right, maybe there are a few more dubbers around than when I first thought

There's a few round cheshunt to be fair but nobody does meets or anything like that. We could get some together from round our way to head to a meet or we'll hit up Ace Cafe. Could be a good one?

Back to top Go down
eo1n92
eo1n92

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cheshunt/London    Hello from Cheshunt/London  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08 2013, 15:45

Yh I'm happy to do either tbh, the only ones I've ever seen is the fella with the bettle & polo on my road ain't see many more after that haha and yourself ha
Back to top Go down
Sumgui Owen
Sumgui Owen

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cheshunt/London    Hello from Cheshunt/London  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08 2013, 16:38

i got a gang of em opposite me lol. got a black polo with checkered roof, slammed lupo and seat cupra sitting low lol all on one drive. Yea i'll drop you my mob we'll have to hook up im interested to see this van lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cheshunt/London    Hello from Cheshunt/London  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Cheshunt/London
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next