Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

noisy VR6 engine bay tidy and other bits

Go down 
5 posters

Chicken or duck?
Chicken
noisy VR6 engine bay tidy and other bits I_vote_lcap43%noisy VR6 engine bay tidy and other bits I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
Duck
noisy VR6 engine bay tidy and other bits I_vote_lcap43%noisy VR6 engine bay tidy and other bits I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
Tofu or mushrooms or something
noisy VR6 engine bay tidy and other bits I_vote_lcap14%noisy VR6 engine bay tidy and other bits I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

noisy VR6 engine bay tidy and other bits Empty
PostSubject: noisy VR6 engine bay tidy and other bits   noisy VR6 engine bay tidy and other bits I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 18:05

Finally got a garage and a door and a spade so time to get to work. Won't list what I'm planning cos I'll probably just change my mind as I go Very Happy

Removed slam panel and headlights in one:

noisy VR6 engine bay tidy and other bits 8f08318c

shakycam cheers

Remove 3 bolts, one MAF sensor, one tired air filter and some pipes and the supercharger comes off, to be replaced by 1 of hallfud's best gloves.

noisy VR6 engine bay tidy and other bits 7cd71bfa

Very little space between the radiator and the inlet manifold, which is why the rad's being changed for a 'rado unit:

noisy VR6 engine bay tidy and other bits C2499c09

few more cable ties and sticky tape and then the old MK3 VR6 rad comes out (this is for sale!!!) Exclamation allow the cooling juice to get loose all over your drive:

like the little shelf on the crossmember?

noisy VR6 engine bay tidy and other bits 8c507d91

Solid engine mount!

noisy VR6 engine bay tidy and other bits Fc2b6966

Get a friend round to help with the tea drinking, and more importantly pop the indicator out of the bumper so you can aim WD40 at the top of the bumper bolts in the chassis rail (top tip!)...

noisy VR6 engine bay tidy and other bits F361708e

Dude points to papa steve for the breaker bar and tell for the smoking and coffee drinking on the bumper removal Very Happy Very Happy

Pop the bumper off and get some wobbly axle stands involved for easier wheel arch access later on...

noisy VR6 engine bay tidy and other bits A766b5dd

Lots of space! SFS hoses will fill this nicely...

noisy VR6 engine bay tidy and other bits F136ca08

Some of the nastiness behind the block that's gonna get tidied, including heatwrap for the manifold and a bit of rewiring, and plenty of gunk...

noisy VR6 engine bay tidy and other bits F26dcbba

Brake reservoir to move, strut brace to fit, throttle body to clean, catch tank to replace oil breather, missing heat shield to install on top of exhaust manifold (I need one! Got one?) Exclamation ...

noisy VR6 engine bay tidy and other bits 0b2d1cfb

More next time! But I'll be in the minicab for this meet Sad
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: noisy VR6 engine bay tidy and other bits   noisy VR6 engine bay tidy and other bits I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 21:26

Sweet. Wink
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: noisy VR6 engine bay tidy and other bits   noisy VR6 engine bay tidy and other bits I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 00:49

You have got really stuck in, great to have photos of some build work. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dashworth
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
Dashworth

PostSubject: Re: noisy VR6 engine bay tidy and other bits   noisy VR6 engine bay tidy and other bits I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 04:17

most amusing build thread of 2011.

sounds promising mr.premuim
Back to top Go down
L55KE B
Nomad
Nomad
L55KE B

PostSubject: Re: noisy VR6 engine bay tidy and other bits   noisy VR6 engine bay tidy and other bits I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 10:53

Looks interesting ill be watchin to see the progress.
Did you say u need a heatshield for the exhaust manifold? If so ive prob got a few goin spare so ill check my pile of parts and if ive got one ill dig it out for ya.
Back to top Go down
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

PostSubject: Re: noisy VR6 engine bay tidy and other bits   noisy VR6 engine bay tidy and other bits I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 11:55

That'd be cool, cheers Wink it's the one that bolts to the manifold, the raceland one I've got fitted has the threads for it I think.

Anyone fitted cross member polybushes before? What's best to go for?
Back to top Go down
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

PostSubject: Re: noisy VR6 engine bay tidy and other bits   noisy VR6 engine bay tidy and other bits I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20 2011, 09:35

Slower than slow, but more:

Stupid alternator bolt. Stupid chassis rail.

noisy VR6 engine bay tidy and other bits C9dbabc8

Engine lifted off mounts, alternator removed. The terminal bolt snapped inside the alternator and the bracket nut rounded off when I looked at it funny Evil or Very Mad

noisy VR6 engine bay tidy and other bits B17e46fe

Always good when someone 'helps' scratch

noisy VR6 engine bay tidy and other bits Ca28824d

Arty farty shot when done

noisy VR6 engine bay tidy and other bits 65e534f7

So that's everything off, just need to find a replacement bearing for one of the Z-Engineering pulleys on the aux belt (there's a good place on Maylands) and get my new Rado radiator fitted up.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: noisy VR6 engine bay tidy and other bits   noisy VR6 engine bay tidy and other bits I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

noisy VR6 engine bay tidy and other bits
Page 1 of 1