Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Porting and polishing vr head!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

Porting and polishing vr head!! Empty
PostSubject: Porting and polishing vr head!!   Porting and polishing vr head!! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06 2008, 05:58

Hi peeps, does anyone know of local firms that offer ported n polished heads on part-ex basis... Question
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Porting and polishing vr head!!   Porting and polishing vr head!! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06 2008, 11:32

Alright steve, found this good place couple of nights ago. They do standard rebuilt heads, slightly upgraded heads or ported and flowed heads.

http://www.tsr-performance.com/pages/heads6c.asp
Back to top Go down
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

PostSubject: Re: Porting and polishing vr head!!   Porting and polishing vr head!! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06 2008, 15:29

AdamVR wrote:
Alright steve, found this good place couple of nights ago. They do standard rebuilt heads, slightly upgraded heads or ported and flowed heads.

http://www.tsr-performance.com/pages/heads6c.asp
Thanks Ad thats f-ing expensive tho...i was hoping to pay £300ish....keep lookin!!! Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Porting and polishing vr head!!   Porting and polishing vr head!! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06 2008, 16:27

lol! ill keep looking, so have your plans changed?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Porting and polishing vr head!!   Porting and polishing vr head!! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06 2008, 16:44

Found this on VR6OC:

Gary, C+R enterprises will do you a big valve head for just under £500. Thats crack tested, drilled out and bigger valves fit and then rebuilt from the springs down (you need to get yer own tappets)
Speak to roy, and tell him what ya need.
0115 9785740.

http://www.candrenterprises.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Porting and polishing vr head!!   Porting and polishing vr head!! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07 2008, 10:01

Apsley Transmissions might do it for you but not as a exchange though..
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: Porting and polishing vr head!!   Porting and polishing vr head!! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07 2008, 10:47

Steve, i spoke to Sevvy, he said if u can get a fully built head ready to go then we could get it all done in one weekend!!!
Back to top Go down
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

PostSubject: Re: Porting and polishing vr head!!   Porting and polishing vr head!! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07 2008, 14:29

AdamVR wrote:
Found this on VR6OC:

Gary, C+R enterprises will do you a big valve head for just under £500. Thats crack tested, drilled out and bigger valves fit and then rebuilt from the springs down (you need to get yer own tappets)
Speak to roy, and tell him what ya need.
0115 9785740.

http://www.candrenterprises.co.uk/
Cheers Ad good work mate! Wink
Back to top Go down
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

PostSubject: Re: Porting and polishing vr head!!   Porting and polishing vr head!! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07 2008, 14:33

Fitzy wrote:
Steve, i spoke to Sevvy, he said if u can get a fully built head ready to go then we could get it all done in one weekend!!!
Be nice mate!! but will cost a small fortune all in 1 weekend... silent was hoping to spread cost over 2 wks..
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: Porting and polishing vr head!!   Porting and polishing vr head!! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08 2008, 04:41

Steve, Give these guys a call, you'll need another head but it's truely amazing what Alan can get rom his flow bench, so all done properly and not "by eye" or Guesswork.

They biult the engine for the Notch and I can highly recommend them.

http://www.vwracing.net/cms/index.php?page=home

I know it looks all flat-4 race cars but they do take on "interesting" stuff to... worth a shot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

PostSubject: Re: Porting and polishing vr head!!   Porting and polishing vr head!! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08 2008, 13:39

John..thanks buddy! will give them a bell... Wink
Back to top Go down
andy121
Nomad
Nomad
andy121

PostSubject: Re: Porting and polishing vr head!!   Porting and polishing vr head!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11 2008, 02:13

steve... try RWD19T (his companys called JNL Racing) from e38 he is really good with engines (does all the how to engine things in golf+) also he has a flow tester so he can tell you exaclty what your gains are. cheap as well
Back to top Go down
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

PostSubject: Re: Porting and polishing vr head!!   Porting and polishing vr head!! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12 2008, 05:37

andy121 wrote:
steve... try RWD19T (his companys called JNL Racing) from e38 he is really good with engines (does all the how to engine things in golf+) also he has a flow tester so he can tell you exaclty what your gains are. cheap as well
Thanks mate will have look on e38.. Wink
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: Porting and polishing vr head!!   Porting and polishing vr head!! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12 2008, 12:48

vr6brew wrote:
Thanks mate will have look on e38.. Wink

Whenever it comes back! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Porting and polishing vr head!!   Porting and polishing vr head!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Porting and polishing vr head!!
Page 1 of 1