Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest

Go down 
+7
andy121
SumpScraper
PINKY
GTi-Jay
vr6brew
looner
vwdeviant
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SumpScraper
Nomad
Nomad
SumpScraper

Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest   Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10 2008, 03:12

right i see you at yours at 1pm
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest   Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10 2008, 04:22

Steph can you bring flyers and stickers as I didn't get one for H's Caddy on Thursday!

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest   Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10 2008, 10:14

Good meet, slightly interrupted by a location change! Wink

Lou hope you ok after your little mishap?

Good turn out of cars too, just need a different location if there's going to be more than that next time (Ok it was mostly Nomads!)

Last edited by on Sun Feb 10 2008, 13:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GTi-Jay
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
GTi-Jay

PostSubject: Re: Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest   Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10 2008, 13:19

Great meet shame about the tard taking plate numbers. Suspect

good to meet you all Very Happy
i will post the photos and vids when my dad emails them 2 me tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
adzG60
Admin
Admin
adzG60

PostSubject: Re: Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest   Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10 2008, 13:25

was kl to meet some new faces 2day... good turnout
Back to top Go down
http://nomadsvw.co.uk
PINKY
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
PINKY

PostSubject: Re: Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest   Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10 2008, 14:18

Cool turnout today..and lovely and sunny too..whhaayy! sunny
Iv posted pics and vids from today in the pics and you boob section Cool
Back to top Go down
http://stephanie.routledge@hotmail.co.uk
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest   Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10 2008, 14:39

Was a really good met TBH, not a sign of Chavvy-ness, no "Attitude", no Thud-thud Stereos, and the car-park at Maccy-D's was pretty tidy as well, no worse than when I pulled in and did a circuit!

Here's to it staying that way.. whereever it goes next.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest   Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10 2008, 16:06

today was wicked.. good start to 2008....

bring on some camping in the summer.. fires n marshmellows Very Happy
Back to top Go down
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

PostSubject: Re: Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest   Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10 2008, 16:28

Superb meet today chaps n chapesses!!...good show from the nomads, everyone i met today was sound...big up to the Aylesbury and Wycombe crews.. cheers
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest   Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11 2008, 02:29

DAMN IT I knew it was gonna be good

so wa gwan !!!!

how many cars ?

any heat from the fuzz?

gosss pleasse PINKY!!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
PINKY
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
PINKY

PostSubject: Re: Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest   Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11 2008, 02:40

There must of been about 30 cars in all but a grumpy bloke from the crows nest came out and started taking numberplates! most people would ask you to move first...so about half of us went to the mc donalds on te A41. The maccydees manager came out and grumbled too..lol. oh well cant win em all.

Then some of the men decided to do the full monty..hehe have a look at the pics in the pics section..hahaha.
Also got some wicked footage courtesty of GTI JAY as he donated a spare memory card for my camera..which also records video. its now offically the nomads memory card. Cool
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest   Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11 2008, 03:57

PINKY wrote:
There must of been about 30 cars in all but a grumpy bloke from the crows nest came out and started taking numberplates! most people would ask you to move first...so about half of us went to the mc donalds on te A41. The maccydees manager came out and grumbled too..lol. oh well cant win em all.

Then some of the men decided to do the full monty..hehe have a look at the pics in the pics section..hahaha.
Also got some wicked footage courtesty of GTI JAY as he donated a spare memory card for my camera..which also records video. its now offically the nomads memory card. Cool

we could do with knowing the law's policy on meets, if we are going to draw this sort of number we need to know the rules

maybe we should try asking the managers of these places first ?

what was he gonna do with these photos ? and if there was no "problems " are we still breaking the law?

do these places own their car parks

maybe we have to move a little out the way ,BUT i think thats more open to abuse
Back to top Go down
PINKY
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
PINKY

PostSubject: Re: Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest   Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11 2008, 04:39

Could I just pop into the police station and ask them??
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest   Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11 2008, 05:03

i dont see why not?

go in the renult!!!
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest   Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11 2008, 06:07

I've already e-mailed a complaint to the Premier Inn claming harrasment over and above what the "Ramblers" got. There were 40+ of them and they just parked up and went off into the countryside! That's why there were no spaces left!

I really laid it on thick saying his actions cost the Beefeater the custom of over 30 very hungry people! Laughing
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest   Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11 2008, 08:05

vwdeviant wrote:
I've already e-mailed a complaint to the Premier Inn claming harrasment over and above what the "Ramblers" got. There were 40+ of them and they just parked up and went off into the countryside! That's why there were no spaces left!

I really laid it on thick saying his actions cost the Beefeater the custom of over 30 very hungry people! Laughing

that kinda tosh really pi55es me off , i do think its worth knowing if the law is being broken or not

i am not sayin we should be pi55ing people off for a our own fun, BUT

I FOR ONE WILL NOT BE JUDGED BY IGNORANCE !!!!

bet they wouldnt treat the MG owners club or jaguar owners club this way

RRRRRRRRRRR
Back to top Go down
PINKY
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
PINKY

PostSubject: Re: Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest   Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11 2008, 08:11

After speaking to the man who is printing the t-shirts today..he basically said we dont have a leg to stand on. Mad
Unless it is private ground...even if it gets bigger we will have to move from the pub.

The landlady complained that people left glasses all over the car park..and if
it carries on we will have to move. plus a glass got smashed.
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest   Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11 2008, 08:40

Well we'll just have to take our business elsewhere..

From what I can see there were twice as many of us as there were "Quiz nighters", and it's not like it happened every week either! Bet they have to clear two or three times the number of glasses out the car-park/gardens this weekend, and woo a whole broken Glass! That's gotta hurt especially as the brewery gives them to the pubs for free!

Shame, when we used to run a club from Wycombe the landlord was very happy to have a bunch of Car-heads at his gaff on a Tuesday night! Maybe we need to start thinking other more Nomad friendly venues, but still at a hostelry!

Personally much prefer being at a pub then at some car-park in the middle of no-where, less Plod hassle too as to them it doesn't look like we're about to break into anything! Except the odd Mk1 Polo! Laughing
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest   Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11 2008, 09:33

agreed , i have just kicked off on edition 38 , not surprised matey wanted us off!!! if we are parking on disabled spaces and yelow zig zags !

yes we need to be cleverer (thats my best spelll of the day ) than this!!!

AND find a NOMAD FREINDLY PUB with carpark

were there is a will theres a way!!!
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest   Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12 2008, 02:07

Yeah Dan Agreed but there was only 1 space left at the Crows nest when H and I rolled up and we were the 2/3rd cars there! So while we did take the disbled spaces we also stayed by the cars just in case, and infact got some-one to move when a disabled sticker turned up.

Able bodied people parking in Blue zones winds me up! Mostly BMW's from what I can see!

Mind you parked round the corner from work is a Porsche Caymen with a blue disc! Sweet!
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest   Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13 2008, 07:14

Got my reply! :
Thank you for bringing details of your poor recent experience at The Crows Nest to my attention.

I would like to assure you that i have investigated your complaint and discussed it with my team members to ensure that actions are taken to prevent any repetition in the future.

Here at Whitbread, one of our objectives is to offer facilities to ensure our customers are made to feel welcome and have easy parking in suitable spaces. My colleague was carrying out company procedure by checking our disabled car parking spaces were not being obstructed or used by unregistered bay users. However, he should not have conducted himself in such a way as to be rude and so aggressive. I have had a meeting with the man in question and have made it very clear, how not to deal with this type of situation.

We do not monitor our other car parking spaces as vigorously, and on this occasion sadly, we were not aware of the misuse elsewhere which was occurring. We welcome groups who chose to visit us and enjoy our dining experience and are sorry you were not made to feel welcome.

Thank you again for contacting me although I do apologise that it was necessary for you to do so. I hope that we can look forward to welcoming you to one of our restaurants in the future.

Julian Jackson.

General Manager
Crows Nest. 01442 824819
Back to top Go down
PINKY
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
PINKY

PostSubject: Re: Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest   Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13 2008, 10:10

Haha wicked..what about our "free" meal??? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest   Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13 2008, 11:17

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest   Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13 2008, 13:24

lol, I know a pub near hatfield galleria that allows meets.......well we use to have our french meets there. Nice size car park and they made a massive area in the pub where we had a meal. Nice and clean. Downside is its abit further than Crows Nest
Back to top Go down
GTi-Jay
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
GTi-Jay

PostSubject: Re: Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest   Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13 2008, 13:49

closer to me tho Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest   Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aylesbury Meet 10th Feb @ Crows Nest
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next