Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Saw my wheels today!!!

Go down 
+10
PINKY
looner
andy121
vwdeviant
Bazza
Calimori
blakey
Fitzy
Mark C
vr6brew
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

Saw my wheels today!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saw my wheels today!!!   Saw my wheels today!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27 2008, 17:59

Thanks dudes!!! SHOULD have em for saturday...hoping to roll up to the Milton Keynes meet on Sunday with em on! Wink
Back to top Go down
looner
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
looner

PostSubject: Re: Saw my wheels today!!!   Saw my wheels today!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28 2008, 02:06

Hopefuly I will have my exhuast on in time for that!
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: Saw my wheels today!!!   Saw my wheels today!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28 2008, 05:06

Steve you got the 5x100->5x112 adaptors then?
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
andy121
Nomad
Nomad
andy121

PostSubject: Re: Saw my wheels today!!!   Saw my wheels today!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28 2008, 05:19

so there Beemer fitment then? whats the ET's complete with adaptors
Back to top Go down
mark2ikeda

PostSubject: Re: Saw my wheels today!!!   Saw my wheels today!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29 2008, 16:44

vr6brew wrote:
Thanks dudes!!! SHOULD have em for saturday...hoping to roll up to the Milton Keynes meet on Sunday with em on! Wink

Its Saturday Steve,

Heres the pics as requested.

I hope Steve Brewin wont mind me posting some pics of his wheels that I have just finished after 10 weeks of lovin...machined redrilled and refurbished! Thank God theyre finally gone. The wheels were in kinda good condition but on closer inspection the baskets were baked in brake dust and oil. So much so that I had to use a paint scrapper to get back to the wheel. The black sealant was squeezing out of every hole and the dishes had clumps of polishing compound all over them. I was amazed to notice that on cleaning the wheels with warn soapy water, the original paint finish wiped off and lost all shine! They must have been badly prept and rattle can painted? Who knows? Now, the lattices have been acid dipped, glass bead blasted and powder coated in sparkle silver/lacquered, the rims and centre caps have been polished and the screws are all clean. The rear wheels were originally planed to have 7mm machined off the mounting face but unfortunately during the build up I noticed that they would still not fit Steve's Golf Mk3 VR due to the additional width gained from the required 5x112 to 5x100 adaptors. Steve refused to change the rear dishes (they are awesome) and the only other option was to redrill the wheels to 5x100. They have been precission machined following the H&R adaptors and chamfered for the 14 mm bolts. There is literally no more meat that could be removed. I dont know if the wheels will fit inside the arches but its gonna be tight! I dont know what people think about redrilling wheels but the engineer seemed sure they are safe. I hope so.

Pics on the car next week.

Saw my wheels today!!! - Page 2 StevesRS17

Saw my wheels today!!! - Page 2 StevesRSA51

Saw my wheels today!!! - Page 2 StevesRSA20

Saw my wheels today!!! - Page 2 StevesRSA12

Saw my wheels today!!! - Page 2 StevesRSA14

Saw my wheels today!!! - Page 2 StevesRSA7

Saw my wheels today!!! - Page 2 StevesRSA29

Saw my wheels today!!! - Page 2 StevesRSA1

Saw my wheels today!!! - Page 2 StevesRSA35
Back to top Go down
GTi-Jay
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
GTi-Jay

PostSubject: Re: Saw my wheels today!!!   Saw my wheels today!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29 2008, 16:59

sweet gonna look sick
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: Saw my wheels today!!!   Saw my wheels today!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29 2008, 17:09

oh my good god!, they are even better than i thought..........i'm so jealous!! Surprised)
Back to top Go down
PINKY
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
PINKY

PostSubject: Re: Saw my wheels today!!!   Saw my wheels today!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29 2008, 17:31

Welcome Mark..they look absolutly awesome...so good that you could sort them out for him after 5 months of messing about. They are gonna look sooo good. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://stephanie.routledge@hotmail.co.uk
looner
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
looner

PostSubject: Re: Saw my wheels today!!!   Saw my wheels today!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30 2008, 03:20

Thos look the dogs steve! I had my arches done! woohhoooo no more touching, only problem now, I have to fit my exhuast today so might not make it it mk meet!
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Saw my wheels today!!!   Saw my wheels today!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30 2008, 10:53

They are very pretty, are they single? Rolling Eyes
Damn fine set of wheels, a great design, very well prepared and just beautiful to look at. Are they on the car yet?
Back to top Go down
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

PostSubject: Re: Saw my wheels today!!!   Saw my wheels today!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30 2008, 16:41

looner wrote:
Thos look the dogs steve! I had my arches done! woohhoooo no more touching, only problem now, I have to fit my exhuast today so might not make it it mk meet!
We didnt make the meet dude!!! we messin about too long gettin wheels on!!! doh!!!!...be good to hook up on thursday and check ya arches, etc mate!
Back to top Go down
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

PostSubject: Re: Saw my wheels today!!!   Saw my wheels today!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30 2008, 16:44

Calimori wrote:
They are very pretty, are they single? Rolling Eyes
Damn fine set of wheels, a great design, very well prepared and just beautiful to look at. Are they on the car yet?
Hi mate, they are on the car now check the garage!...hope you can make the meet on thursday!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saw my wheels today!!!   Saw my wheels today!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saw my wheels today!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2