Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Recommended alarm fitter???

Go down 
+3
Bazza
Ginger
D.A.M IT!
7 posters
AuthorMessage
D.A.M IT!
D.A.M IT!

Recommended alarm fitter??? Empty
PostSubject: Recommended alarm fitter???   Recommended alarm fitter??? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12 2009, 10:01

i need the my old alarm ripped out and a new one fitted in the rado.... was thinking of going for a a clifford concept 650 Mk2

Can anyone recommend a certified Clifford fitter in the Herts area????

Last edited by D.A.M IT! on Tue Oct 13 2009, 03:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: Recommended alarm fitter???   Recommended alarm fitter??? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12 2009, 10:09

dont that guy in apsly do them.??
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: Recommended alarm fitter???   Recommended alarm fitter??? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12 2009, 10:50

Don't use a Clifford, got a mobile guy who fitted my Toad ai606. £300 fitted
Back to top Go down
Knighty
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: Recommended alarm fitter???   Recommended alarm fitter??? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12 2009, 11:57

Don't go to the one up near apsley tyres opposite sainsburys. Slimy little so and so.

I almost had to deck him so I could leave. All I wanted was a quote, got the hard sell, sign today, all that balls. He actually blocked the door everytime I moved towards it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommended alarm fitter???   Recommended alarm fitter??? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12 2009, 13:54

Knighty wrote:
Don't go to the one up near apsley tyres opposite sainsburys. Slimy little so and so.

I almost had to deck him so I could leave. All I wanted was a quote, got the hard sell, sign today, all that balls. He actually blocked the door everytime I moved towards it.

what the hell, good shout knighty! Where you go in the end?
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: Recommended alarm fitter???   Recommended alarm fitter??? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13 2009, 01:57

i have been warned away from clifford alarms, and having had one in the blu

i can confirm they are , overly complicated, AND badly made (must be french)

TOAD alarms are far better.

as for a fitter......... i would only use my sparky..

most alarm fitters are cowboys

whoever does it .. stand over them
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommended alarm fitter???   Recommended alarm fitter??? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13 2009, 02:07

Heard Clifford alarms intermittently go off. Toad are ment to be good, are serpi star good?
Back to top Go down
D.A.M IT!
D.A.M IT!

PostSubject: Re: Recommended alarm fitter???   Recommended alarm fitter??? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13 2009, 03:25

I'm definitely going for a Clifford I've been reading up a lot about Toads and Clifford's and TBH there's a lot of conflicting arguments for both. Some ppl say Toads are s**t some say that Clifford's are. But it really all boils down to if its been fitted correctly by someone who really knows what he's doing. As Dan says there's a lot of cowboy fitters out there, and most ppl's bad experiences of alarms is down to it not being fitted correctly.

was gonna get TROUBLESHOOTER from the Club GTI forum Who is the alarm fitter daddy on there, and knows everything there is to know about car alarms and electrical installations. He's done some wicked installations in buses and all sorts of VW's. He also recommended the Clifford to me and says he's got one fitted to his own car. So they cant be bad. I talked to him about fitting one last year, but he's based in Colchester. Although I think he did say he'd be prepared to travel to Herts.

sounds like you had a bit of nightmare with that guy in Apsley Knighty :S think I'll avoid them lol
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: Recommended alarm fitter???   Recommended alarm fitter??? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13 2009, 03:49

good to see some good research going on CGTI ROCKS for info
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: Recommended alarm fitter???   Recommended alarm fitter??? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13 2009, 15:14

Doug if yoiu do I need mine serviced and the Microwave sensor re-located (in a Rado should be high up, not down in teh console like mine... causes falses.. like mine!
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net

PostSubject: Re: Recommended alarm fitter???   Recommended alarm fitter??? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22 2009, 13:08

Doug one of the guys in NWDUBS is a fitter of Clifford, seems to know his stuff, think he does it for around the 300 mark. Does all his clubs cars i think
Back to top Go down
D.A.M IT!
D.A.M IT!

PostSubject: Re: Recommended alarm fitter???   Recommended alarm fitter??? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29 2009, 18:34

AdzR32 wrote:
Doug one of the guys in NWDUBS is a fitter of Clifford, seems to know his stuff, think he does it for around the 300 mark. Does all his clubs cars i think

cool cheers Adam I'll post up a thread on their site and find out
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: Recommended alarm fitter???   Recommended alarm fitter??? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01 2009, 14:47

I had a Clifford Concept on my old Mk3 Golf and for a few months it was fine until it started going off at 2/3am and I was unable to turn it off via the fob - I had to put it in valet mode and lock the car manually. Other Cliffords are OK, it's the concept versions that seem to have all the issues.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Lisa_Kimber/584390012
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recommended alarm fitter???   Recommended alarm fitter??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recommended alarm fitter???
Page 1 of 1