Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

VW GOLF R: 266BHP HOT HATCH HITS FRANKFURT

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

VW GOLF R: 266BHP HOT HATCH HITS FRANKFURT Empty
PostSubject: VW GOLF R: 266BHP HOT HATCH HITS FRANKFURT   VW GOLF R: 266BHP HOT HATCH HITS FRANKFURT I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16 2009, 05:33

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=20631

Quote :
VW's new range-topping Golf gets 266bhp from its 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine and 258lb ft, which is available from 2500-5000rpm.

Coupled with all-wheel drive, VW claims a DSG-equipped Golf R can hit 62mph in 5.5secs (the manual version takes 5.7secs), while top speed is limited to 155mph.

I'm waiting for the straight 5 from the TT RS to go in - I'd sell both kidneys for that.
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: VW GOLF R: 266BHP HOT HATCH HITS FRANKFURT   VW GOLF R: 266BHP HOT HATCH HITS FRANKFURT I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16 2009, 08:29

Haha, there are a few Golfs already making that sort of power but I would be very interested to see how the big VW do it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: VW GOLF R: 266BHP HOT HATCH HITS FRANKFURT   VW GOLF R: 266BHP HOT HATCH HITS FRANKFURT I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16 2009, 10:28

Swear word. don't really know what to say, in a good way! that is seriously sexual. i know its running before you can walk, but, that engine would look, and work well in my stage 2 wagen Razz
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: VW GOLF R: 266BHP HOT HATCH HITS FRANKFURT   VW GOLF R: 266BHP HOT HATCH HITS FRANKFURT I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16 2009, 15:34

'IROC -R would be deeply impressive! But that won't happen (probably) would impact on TT sales...

As to the TT-RS straight 5 going in.. won't happen (probably)

Can see some R-powered "early" Goofs coming out in 3-4 yrs! Once a few of these have been thrown up trees and into hedges/ditches Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

PostSubject: Re: VW GOLF R: 266BHP HOT HATCH HITS FRANKFURT   VW GOLF R: 266BHP HOT HATCH HITS FRANKFURT I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16 2009, 15:40

It's got 8bhp and 23 torques on me, and probably weighs about 250kg more Surprised

Would quite like DSG and Haldex v4 on mine though...
Back to top Go down
yeti

PostSubject: Re: VW GOLF R: 266BHP HOT HATCH HITS FRANKFURT   VW GOLF R: 266BHP HOT HATCH HITS FRANKFURT I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17 2009, 15:41

looks wicked but heavy! only 265 with all those toys, pretty sure your charger vr would have it every time!

It looks like the my rado'll still be beating every new golf out there when it comes on the road in feb. Loved how a well fettled rado chassis would spank mk5 gti's through milton keynes every time!

Still think it looks too bulky compared to the old golfs. i'd love to see the mk7 look more sporty!
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: VW GOLF R: 266BHP HOT HATCH HITS FRANKFURT   VW GOLF R: 266BHP HOT HATCH HITS FRANKFURT I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18 2009, 01:38

I doubt any of us are going to go out and buy a new car any time soon anyway but what interests me is how VW have made that power in a production Golf. If any of us did get our hands on the car we would probably be looking at making it have more power, so I would expect we could see it do over 310 but would need to know the spec of the Turbo.
We would probably make it lighter, tighter and stiffer, then what sort of weapon would that be?

I want to know if the turbo gets so hot is makes the radio turn off sometimes, if it squeaks like a legion of mice or being slaughtered, if it scraps over speed bumps, if you are constantly aware that another area needs to be modified to allow it to handle the previous modification.

There are cars that are faster, have more power and toys from the factory. That some engines are capable of more BHP but it all comes down to cost. The 4 cylinder turbo set up might have no real soul but it can make a lot of power cheaply.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VW GOLF R: 266BHP HOT HATCH HITS FRANKFURT   VW GOLF R: 266BHP HOT HATCH HITS FRANKFURT I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VW GOLF R: 266BHP HOT HATCH HITS FRANKFURT
Page 1 of 1