Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How do you afford to mod your car!

Go down 
+9
Jus_Croozin
L55KE B
Calimori
dapperdan
Super_Shaun
haggerty_motorsport
brindle
PremiumVeeDub
Fitzy
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

How do you afford to mod your car! Empty
PostSubject: How do you afford to mod your car!   How do you afford to mod your car! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05 2009, 12:03

stolen the idea of e38 lol!

so how do you afford your car or mod it?

do you skimp n scrape?
overtime?
budget?
steal?
or juggle jobs?

think im gona start doing some overtime soon!!

or got any tips on really cheap or good ways to effectively modify your motor!

GO...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do you afford to mod your car!   How do you afford to mod your car! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05 2009, 12:10

2 good ways!

1- Pinstripping! (available from A1 motorbelts or any motorbike shop)

2- Areosol cans!!

3- Elbow grease!
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: How do you afford to mod your car!   How do you afford to mod your car! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05 2009, 12:39

I dunno...........but if someone could let me kno that would b great!! might go into drug dealing or somthing!!!??? OR maybe i was thinkin of pimpin myself out 4 cash or giro's or somethin!!?? hahahaha

But for the meantime i'll stick to the aerosols and pinstripes!!! (and as minimal elbow grease as possible!!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do you afford to mod your car!   How do you afford to mod your car! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05 2009, 13:02

skimpe and scrape big time for me!

Usually buy what i want, or save for it and go skint for nearly three weeks lol

Looking into a second job at the mo...need more money so I can actually run it more!
Back to top Go down
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

PostSubject: Re: How do you afford to mod your car!   How do you afford to mod your car! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05 2009, 13:04

I sell kidneys stolen from homeless people in Moscow on the black market.

Edit; or I sell mobile phones.

Last edited by PremiumVeeDub on Sun Jul 05 2009, 13:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
brindle
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
brindle

PostSubject: Re: How do you afford to mod your car!   How do you afford to mod your car! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05 2009, 13:09

I work 70 hours a week on a heavy week! Scrimp, save and Budget big time!

Might chat the misses up to have another baby.........................
Pull some cash off the goverment!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do you afford to mod your car!   How do you afford to mod your car! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05 2009, 13:12

i always see u in ur bloody tesco van!!! dont you get £500 just for being up the duff?

u gna take ur car to steves for MOT?
Back to top Go down
haggerty_motorsport
haggerty_motorsport

PostSubject: Re: How do you afford to mod your car!   How do you afford to mod your car! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05 2009, 13:17

instead of paying someone to fix your motor use the money to by the tools to do it yourself and when you get good at it charge others to fix theres
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do you afford to mod your car!   How do you afford to mod your car! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05 2009, 13:27

yeah we group together as mates, or james does it haha

P.S @ Brindle

Any jobs going at tesco?
Back to top Go down
Super_Shaun
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: How do you afford to mod your car!   How do you afford to mod your car! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05 2009, 14:14

Over time tends to pay for mine.

Means I rarely get a day to myself as Im pulling 60-70hr weeks almost every week.

Although most of that goes on the Mortgage, Baby, Girlfriend,Home improvements.

AdzR32 wrote:
yeah we group together as mates, or james does it haha

I wouldnt mind getting in on some of this Nomad group loving from time to time I like getting my hands dirty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do you afford to mod your car!   How do you afford to mod your car! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05 2009, 14:31

when i get a mk2, soonish! there will be plenty of scrappy and getting dirty action shaun! lol!

my garages are more like a fast and furious workshop at times!

think im gona start working saturdays when i get the time!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do you afford to mod your car!   How do you afford to mod your car! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05 2009, 15:05

i actually think i would be lost without your garage james!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do you afford to mod your car!   How do you afford to mod your car! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05 2009, 15:11

i would have one dirty car aswell! its part the reason my car is clean! lol

my garage has seen its fair share of cars last 2 years lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do you afford to mod your car!   How do you afford to mod your car! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05 2009, 15:13

Yeah I have noticed a big change in the general condition of my car now that its locked safely in my garage at night...

....far less cleaning and no worries when the rain hits! lol Razz
Back to top Go down
brindle
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
brindle

PostSubject: Re: How do you afford to mod your car!   How do you afford to mod your car! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06 2009, 01:38

No jobs at tesco, tried to get bazza in already!

to be honest the job is so gash! you have to work with a bunch of arsehole managers with a hitler complex!

think sainsbury's in apsey may be hiring drivers...........

i am happy to help out where possible on any motors! how else do we learn!
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: How do you afford to mod your car!   How do you afford to mod your car! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06 2009, 02:15

for me ,
- its all about low tec "yard" mods,
-and a prefer my cellulose paint rolled not sprayed,
-although i never scimp on mechanical/chassis mods coz its a waste of time and money
- do as much myself as i can ( i draw the line at gearbox fixing)
- for me the car gets modde wen it breaks! (yaeh i broken it allot!)

-i have 2 jobs work at the college full time and do cleaning in the eveninigs
-i also do work for several sulpturesses, finishing and coloring bronze's
-AND do any manual labour going
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: How do you afford to mod your car!   How do you afford to mod your car! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06 2009, 05:39

I save and mod as and when I can though I don't have the time at the moment but hopefully things will come up soon.

I could have bought the car with the modifications, doing it myself is all part of the fun though. However, I lack confidence at times and sometimes could really do with another set of arms, so appreciate any help I can get.
I hope to turn some parking spaces out side my house into a work areas again really soon.
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: How do you afford to mod your car!   How do you afford to mod your car! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06 2009, 05:42

good piont cali

-i know my car would'nt be what it is without a bitta NOMAD help

you know who you are XXX
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do you afford to mod your car!   How do you afford to mod your car! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06 2009, 09:54

i never scrimp on mechanicalss either! thats good point dread! hopefully the aim being to do it once and leave it!

grouping together comes in handy!

i might go down sainsburys....
Back to top Go down
L55KE B
Nomad
Nomad
L55KE B

PostSubject: Re: How do you afford to mod your car!   How do you afford to mod your car! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06 2009, 10:00

For me its all about elbow grease unfortunately and then a bit of scrimping and saving. Lucky i have a sound boss that lets me use the workshop whenever i need to. Then wait for the bargain to pop up on the bay or do a private job so i can earn some quick cash for them go-faster goodies! But that never leaves me with anytime to myself but we cant always win!
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: How do you afford to mod your car!   How do you afford to mod your car! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06 2009, 10:34

I always get the car running right before throwing big money at making it go better, otherwise you can waste money on a car that still won't work.
Back to top Go down
Jus_Croozin
Jus_Croozin

PostSubject: Re: How do you afford to mod your car!   How do you afford to mod your car! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06 2009, 10:48

Working every hour possible doing 66 hour weeks, working saturday, etc. If it wasn't for the fact i got such great mates who help out and a mate who sprays, my car wouldn't be where it is now.

Subtle cheap mods are quite often better than expensive gash ones!! Like Wildchild said "pinstriping" It's a subtle mod but looks the dogs danglies! And costs peanuts! Also pimping out ya mrs or mum pulls the cash in Laughing Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do you afford to mod your car!   How do you afford to mod your car! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06 2009, 11:26

Jus_Croozin wrote:
Working every hour possible doing 66 hour weeks, working saturday, etc. If it wasn't for the fact i got such great mates who help out and a mate who sprays, my car wouldn't be where it is now.

Subtle cheap mods are quite often better than expensive gash ones!! Like Wildchild said "pinstriping" It's a subtle mod but looks the dogs danglies! And costs peanuts! Also pimping out ya mrs or mum pulls the cash in Laughing Shocked

lol!
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: How do you afford to mod your car!   How do you afford to mod your car! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06 2009, 12:41

my nan hasnt got any teeth , so should b able to bump the price up a bit!
Back to top Go down
3peice
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: How do you afford to mod your car!   How do you afford to mod your car! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06 2009, 12:54

better with teeth Exclamation loosens the CHEESE affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you afford to mod your car!   How do you afford to mod your car! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you afford to mod your car!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nomads VW :: General :: Dub Chat-
Jump to: