Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

For those with classic 2nd cars...Cracking Insurance company

Go down 
+2
PremiumVeeDub
Knighty
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Knighty
Nomad
Nomad

For those with classic 2nd cars...Cracking Insurance company Empty
PostSubject: For those with classic 2nd cars...Cracking Insurance company.   For those with classic 2nd cars...Cracking Insurance company I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11 2009, 09:34

I'd forgotten about RH classic insurance, I used them for my old Mk1 Honda CRX and couldnt beleive the premium. (£99! fully comp)

As I'm keeping my Civic VT and the Mk2 I plan to put the VT back as my main car through Elephant (they're good too, fully comp, all mods declared £290) I decided to get the MK2 on a classic policy, so its easier to add the beetle when its done, or another ratty beetle in place of the MK2 should something tempt me.

Anyway I rang RH Classic 01277 206911, declared manifold, exhaust, wheels and drop, they weren't interested in security and I limited it to 3000 miles a year. Fully comp was £102.90. Can't grumble at that.

Stu
Back to top Go down
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

PostSubject: Re: For those with classic 2nd cars...Cracking Insurance company   For those with classic 2nd cars...Cracking Insurance company I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11 2009, 09:41

My Golf was 820 w/ 3y NCB, the merc was over a grand with no NCB. Ba$tards.

Good find, will bear in mind.

Last edited by Fitzy on Fri Jun 12 2009, 15:43; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : language AGAIN!!! mr premium!! grrr!! hahaha)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For those with classic 2nd cars...Cracking Insurance company   For those with classic 2nd cars...Cracking Insurance company I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11 2009, 11:59

820 for your mk 2 :O
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For those with classic 2nd cars...Cracking Insurance company   For those with classic 2nd cars...Cracking Insurance company I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11 2009, 14:18

Knighty wrote:
I used them for my old Mk1 Honda CRX

As I'm keeping my Civic VT.

Stu

What are these CRX and civic things your on about, do I need to pick up a max power mag to realize what these are? Razz

Il bear that in mind stu on the insurence front!
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: For those with classic 2nd cars...Cracking Insurance company   For those with classic 2nd cars...Cracking Insurance company I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11 2009, 17:09

Good find Stu, i'm with Lancaster for the Scirocco, £117 fully comp with everything declared.
Back to top Go down
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

PostSubject: Re: For those with classic 2nd cars...Cracking Insurance company   For those with classic 2nd cars...Cracking Insurance company I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12 2009, 01:17

Wildchild wrote:
820 for your mk 2 :O

I know, and I'm an old bastard these days... That's with all mods declared (which took a while..) and agreed value of 4K, 6k limited mileage.

I can see why all these other Mk2 are going 1.8T, they can just say it's a "1.8" on the V5/insurance.
Back to top Go down
Knighty
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: For those with classic 2nd cars...Cracking Insurance company   For those with classic 2nd cars...Cracking Insurance company I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12 2009, 02:41

Dubsy wrote:
What are these CRX and civic things your on about, do I need to pick up a max power mag to realize what these are? Razz

Mr Dubsy, now that my p!ss has stopped boiling can I ask that you refrain from such language. The word Civic shares similar word sounds as Saxo, but thats where the similarity ends.

I'd rather you kicked me in the testicles with steel toecaps. Wink

Stu

(wanna race? 16v vs 16V?) Wink

Love you Dubsy tongue
Back to top Go down
brindle
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
brindle

PostSubject: Re: For those with classic 2nd cars...Cracking Insurance company   For those with classic 2nd cars...Cracking Insurance company I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12 2009, 09:09

Had 266 from adria flux, but dubsy was right, spoke to someone that deserved buggery!

So got i contact with HIC, they brought up my details and came in at 250.00!

good old boys
Back to top Go down
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

PostSubject: Re: For those with classic 2nd cars...Cracking Insurance company   For those with classic 2nd cars...Cracking Insurance company I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12 2009, 09:38

HIC is owned by Adrian Flux so they ended up with your moolah anyways Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: For those with classic 2nd cars...Cracking Insurance company   For those with classic 2nd cars...Cracking Insurance company I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12 2009, 15:44

Bazza wrote:
Good find Stu, i'm with Lancaster for the Scirocco, £117 fully comp with everything declared.

yeah but ur older than car insurance itself!!! that helps lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: For those with classic 2nd cars...Cracking Insurance company   For those with classic 2nd cars...Cracking Insurance company I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12 2009, 16:54

Fitzy wrote:
Bazza wrote:

yeah but ur older than car insurance itself!!! that helps lol! lol! lol!

Could you let my insurance company know, so I don't have to pay no more. You swine lol!
Back to top Go down
SheilasWheels
Nomad
Nomad
SheilasWheels

PostSubject: Re: For those with classic 2nd cars...Cracking Insurance company   For those with classic 2nd cars...Cracking Insurance company I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15 2009, 03:47

Will keep these in mind as we will need a good one for the Golf
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For those with classic 2nd cars...Cracking Insurance company   For those with classic 2nd cars...Cracking Insurance company I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For those with classic 2nd cars...Cracking Insurance company
Page 1 of 1