Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added

Go down 
+2
PremiumVeeDub
The Dude
6 posters
AuthorMessage
The Dude
The Dude

The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added Empty
PostSubject: The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added   The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16 2009, 09:59

I've had the car for about 2 years now and I never thought it would be changed this much! I used to have a red 1.8 Corrado which I adored. It was boggo apart from the wheels and rarely for a C everything worked. All was groovy until some tosser in a 4x4 decided to reverse round a corner into my rear and write it off. Of course, they drove off without leaving details and I didn't discover it till later. Gutted. Crying or Very sad

I had my heart set on a VR after a fellow CF member kicked my ass on the M3 one afternoon, so I set about buying this beauty. Its Moonlight Blue and was standard apart from RS4 reps, lowered on some red and yellow coillies (i assume they were H&R) and it had an eyebrow spoiler, crystal rears, Scorpion back box and 'orrible chavspeed gearknob.
The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added Corrado2front2
The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added PC230004
The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added PC230007
The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added Image006

Since then, looks wise, I changed the knob, fitted DDI's (which have now broken! lol) and repaired the heater.
The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added Image0041
The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added PC230008

Changed the grill and on to Weitecs
The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added Banstead6-1
The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added Banstead12
The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added Banstead11

It was after that, things got really interesting. Somone on the CF had a V9 he needed to sell to fund an engine rebuild so I managed to get in first. cheers It came right off his car onto mine, so I had all the main bits I needed such as pipework, ECU, bov and injectors. I also got an uprated front engine mount (the others were quite new and can wait till they die!), 70 deg stat and I'm sure some other stuff that always eludes me when I try to think.
POW!
The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added DSC00058
Mapped on standard exhaust and with 96ron.
The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added 25-06-2008182144

Its pretty savage. afro

Its not all plain sailing, I was totally prepared for the fact stuff would starting breaking quicker...the first thing to go was the fuel pump.
The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added DSC00053-1
Then the gear selector on the bell housing snapped, 10 quids worth of plastic left me stranded luckily at home.
The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added DSC00029
The rear box then decided to fall off. Good thing too, it looked crap.

Things get wheely good!
The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added DSC00318
The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added DSC00314

288mm fronts and EBC Redstuffs. Finally got a bit of stopping power.
The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added DSC00378

New fog
The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added DSC00377

Nice factory looking 2.5" decat. Its a screamer at full chat!
The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added DSC00380

Which I suppose brings us to round about nowish time. Little bits done include bee sting aerial, Momo wheel, fixed fag lighter, original rears....
stuff I've got to come is LED factory looking shift light that fits into the spare bulb holes in the dash, a little bit of metal to keep the centre tunnel down, OBD2 (in the future when I can afford to get someone to work electrical wizardry for me) and some rather tasty dished wheels.

And a new aux water pump as the current one is p*ssing coolant everywhere!

Sure I'll think of loads more stuff I've done to it later...

Dude out.
The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added P4050176

Last edited by The Dude on Tue Apr 28 2009, 13:59; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : title change)
Back to top Go down
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

PostSubject: Re: The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added   The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16 2009, 10:17

Loving it, not much nicer than a dark coloured 'rado running a VR-T or -S

"Agh what's broken now" surely? Razz
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added   The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16 2009, 14:56

Jim you will have to take Josh out when you come to a meet, see if we can up his Charger under the bed game!
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net

PostSubject: Re: The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added   The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16 2009, 15:00

looking good mate. bet she shifts too!
Back to top Go down
The Dude
The Dude

PostSubject: Re: The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added   The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16 2009, 15:08

vwdeviant wrote:
Jim you will have to take Josh out when you come to a meet, see if we can up his Charger under the bed game!

As long as its not at Greenwich! I took banan0r off the cf out for a spin the other night, he kept repeating "f*cking hell, this is awesome" every time i floored it. Very Happy I think he's right. Laughing
Has Josh got a V9 or Rotrex waiting then?
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added   The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17 2009, 02:41

The Dude wrote:
vwdeviant wrote:

As long as its not at Greenwich! I took banan0r off the cf out for a spin the other night, he kept repeating "f*cking hell, this is awesome" every time i floored it. Very Happy I think he's right. Laughing
Has Josh got a V9 or Rotrex waiting then?

Nah, if the car's running it's this Sunday at the club's pub (details in the meets section)...

As to what his charger is, I have NO idea now, last time I saw it was summer last year, it's probably full of dust-bunnies now it's been under his bed so long!
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
The Dude
The Dude

PostSubject: Re: The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added   The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17 2009, 09:45

Changed out the aux water pump today for a new one, there's another 100 quid I won't be seeing again.

Remembered I also have a Mocal 16 row located infront of the nsf wheel. It gets pretty wet and steams heavily when it rains. Scared the crap out of me first time I saw it - Holy s*@!, my car's on fire!

And a water/meth pump not quite connected due to my garage being a bunch of f*ckwits, plus they have now lost the instructions. Grrr! They're not getting my business again.

Last edited by The Dude on Fri Apr 17 2009, 13:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

PostSubject: Re: The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added   The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17 2009, 09:50

I've replaced the water pump, idler pulleys, belt, leads, dizzy, idle stab valve, MAF, spark plugs (5 or 6 times), too much to remember on my FI VR - only had it 5 months.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

PostSubject: Re: The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added   The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17 2009, 09:54

...supercharger belt, catch can, air filter, track rod ends, steering gaiter, blah blah blah Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Dude
The Dude

PostSubject: Re: The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added   The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17 2009, 09:56

Laughing yeah, upgrades are going out the window just to keep it running.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added   The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17 2009, 13:25

PremiumVeeDub wrote:
I've replaced the water pump, idler pulleys, belt, leads, dizzy, idle stab valve, MAF, spark plugs (5 or 6 times), too much to remember on my FI VR - only had it 5 months.. Very Happy
who replaced lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added   The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17 2009, 13:25

and cool rado!
Back to top Go down
sparkie1984
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie

PostSubject: Re: The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added   The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17 2009, 13:34

i need a ride in this beast!!!!

looks immense mate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.nomadsvw.co.uk
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

PostSubject: Re: The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added   The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25 2009, 05:49

Very cool!.... would like a blast too!!
Back to top Go down
The Dude
The Dude

PostSubject: Re: The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added   The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28 2009, 11:36

was at oxford on saturday, some guy got this video of me Very Happy
Clicky

and one i took on a country road ages ago just behind the osf wheel
Clicky 2

Last edited by The Dude on Tue Apr 28 2009, 14:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Knighty
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added   The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28 2009, 12:23

Sweet!

I love a good convoy.

I'm starting to take a fancy to corrado's.... (note to self 2 projects already...)

Stu
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added   The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dude's VR6 Corrado - videos added
Page 1 of 1