Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Judders dudes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GaVR6in
GaVR6in

Judders dudes Empty
PostSubject: Judders dudes   Judders dudes I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30 2009, 12:37

I have replaced the clutch on my Corrado and when i got it back it judders when you get biting point on the clutch, so I replaced the fly wheel and another new clutch but the problem is still there. If I give it some revs at biting point it does not happen any ideas pleeeease.
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

Judders dudes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judders dudes   Judders dudes I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30 2009, 15:28

Engine/ gearbox mounts?
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
CADDYANDY
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
CADDYANDY

Judders dudes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judders dudes   Judders dudes I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30 2009, 15:59

check the 6 spline bolts on the drive shafts ar done up mate
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.HERTSDUBS.COM
GaVR6in
GaVR6in

Judders dudes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judders dudes   Judders dudes I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30 2009, 23:25

Ok cheers lads I will have a look, but the front mount was replaced and I would like to think the mechanic would spot these things but who nos cheers.
Back to top Go down
GaVR6in
GaVR6in

Judders dudes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judders dudes   Judders dudes I_icon_minitimeTue May 05 2009, 04:37

Well the garage reckon that all mounts are ok and if the clutch wasn't lined up correctly the gears box would not go on, and the drive shaft is all tight so still no idea, any more suggestions welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

Judders dudes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judders dudes   Judders dudes I_icon_minitimeTue May 05 2009, 04:39

Mine does this, I just have to feed in more revs - I put it down to the racing clutch and different flywheel more than anything, was watching to see if you found something different. Racecars that I've driven did the same, you just have to drop it at 2K rather than 1K.
Back to top Go down
GaVR6in
GaVR6in

Judders dudes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judders dudes   Judders dudes I_icon_minitimeTue May 05 2009, 04:50

Is yours like it in reverse, coz mine seems to be worse.
Back to top Go down
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

Judders dudes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judders dudes   Judders dudes I_icon_minitimeTue May 05 2009, 04:53

Nope, worst in second (like when coming onto a roundabout slowly, frinstance).

But then mine crunches into reverse every now and again instead.

Have you tried it with bonnet open and someone watching, see if the engine lifts in a particular way?
Back to top Go down
GaVR6in
GaVR6in

Judders dudes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judders dudes   Judders dudes I_icon_minitimeTue May 05 2009, 04:59

Yer tried that but mine only does it in 1st or reverse
Back to top Go down

Judders dudes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judders dudes   Judders dudes I_icon_minitimeTue May 05 2009, 09:16

so the fly wheel has been changed? i had this problem on my valver where the bloke who had it before me took it to mr clutch to have clutch done and the flywheel bolts were loose Neutral problably not whats going on with yours.

not a faulty clutch is it? not a recond one (like i had on mine that was shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeet)
Back to top Go down
GaVR6in
GaVR6in

Judders dudes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judders dudes   Judders dudes I_icon_minitimeTue May 05 2009, 12:55

No its a new one and it is the second one as the garage replaced the first new one, but it is still doing it
Back to top Go down
doggo

Judders dudes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judders dudes   Judders dudes I_icon_minitimeSun May 10 2009, 12:56

Did they notice any play in the input shaft that can cause it to judder worn bearing??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Judders dudes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judders dudes   Judders dudes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Judders dudes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nomads VW :: Car Section :: Technical-
Jump to: