Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

golf gti turbo project started

Go down 
+7
Bazza
vwdeviant
blakey
jakeabee
sparkie1984
dubrichard
haggerty_motorsport
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sparkie1984
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie

turbo - golf gti turbo project started - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf gti turbo project started   turbo - golf gti turbo project started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29 2009, 11:05

gricey you leech lol! Smile

actually i have a crater on my bonnet that looks like its a replica of the moon that needs sorting Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.nomadsvw.co.uk
haggerty_motorsport
haggerty_motorsport

PostSubject: Re: golf gti turbo project started   turbo - golf gti turbo project started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29 2009, 12:03

yeah no probs always up for a pj
Back to top Go down
Gricey
Nomad
Nomad
Gricey

PostSubject: Re: golf gti turbo project started   turbo - golf gti turbo project started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29 2009, 12:08

result what u charge mate ??
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruise-herts.net
haggerty_motorsport
haggerty_motorsport

PostSubject: Re: golf gti turbo project started   turbo - golf gti turbo project started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29 2009, 12:13

prob be £140 all in we use standox paints which are quiet expensive and it will be best part of a days work, do you already have a boot release motor?
Back to top Go down
sparkie1984
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie

PostSubject: Re: golf gti turbo project started   turbo - golf gti turbo project started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29 2009, 12:15

sorry to hijack gricey!

can you do a bonnet respray mate? for a silver ibiza.
Back to top Go down
haggerty_motorsport
haggerty_motorsport

PostSubject: Re: golf gti turbo project started   turbo - golf gti turbo project started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29 2009, 12:18

yeah, is it damaged or just needs painting? if you can put up a pic i can give you a price
Back to top Go down
sparkie1984
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie

PostSubject: Re: golf gti turbo project started   turbo - golf gti turbo project started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29 2009, 12:24

its a bad stonechip mate, but you can see the layers of laquer i think (its not just a mark if you know what i mean)

ill try and get a pic up at some point!

thanks
simon
Back to top Go down
haggerty_motorsport
haggerty_motorsport

PostSubject: Re: golf gti turbo project started   turbo - golf gti turbo project started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29 2009, 13:32

if its just stonechips then will be about £120 if i can get your colour in solvent basecoat or about £150 if i have to use waterbased
Back to top Go down
sparkie1984
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie

PostSubject: Re: golf gti turbo project started   turbo - golf gti turbo project started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29 2009, 13:33

even though its quite a bad chip? that sounds pretty cool!! ill have to show you when you next come to a meet, as im not very clued up on all this so its hard for me to explain Smile

thanks mate
simon
Back to top Go down
Gricey
Nomad
Nomad
Gricey

PostSubject: Re: golf gti turbo project started   turbo - golf gti turbo project started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30 2009, 04:58

i dont have a boot release at present but i can soon aquire one lol 140 sounds good to me ill be in touch
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruise-herts.net
haggerty_motorsport
haggerty_motorsport

PostSubject: Re: golf gti turbo project started   turbo - golf gti turbo project started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30 2009, 11:50

i got one from ebay today, going to wire up tomorrow let you know how hard it is
Back to top Go down
sparkie1984
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie

PostSubject: Re: golf gti turbo project started   turbo - golf gti turbo project started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30 2009, 12:00

do a guide lol! include blood for bazza (but not too much)
Back to top Go down
haggerty_motorsport
haggerty_motorsport

PostSubject: Re: golf gti turbo project started   turbo - golf gti turbo project started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30 2009, 12:22

done a few before so hopefully no blood, will put some picks up tomorrow
Back to top Go down
SuperMario
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
SuperMario

PostSubject: Re: golf gti turbo project started   turbo - golf gti turbo project started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30 2009, 12:27

what nozzle setup you use for doing waterbased? isit harder to dry it out ? im strictly solvents atm! but i know the day will come.
Back to top Go down
haggerty_motorsport
haggerty_motorsport

PostSubject: Re: golf gti turbo project started   turbo - golf gti turbo project started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30 2009, 12:43

1.3 sata 2000 digital, you think it takes longer but you only put 1 wet coat and drop a half coat straight over the top then it takes about 20 mins to flash off or about 10 mins with blowers, where a with solvent you got acouple of coats with 5 min between each so not take much difference.
Back to top Go down
SuperMario
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
SuperMario

PostSubject: Re: golf gti turbo project started   turbo - golf gti turbo project started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30 2009, 12:46

aa right i see, ive herd some horror storys about it, if you laquer it to early, when it skins over, stops the water from evaporating? i take it you gotta buy some "speacial" water, whats it priced at?
Back to top Go down
haggerty_motorsport
haggerty_motorsport

PostSubject: Re: golf gti turbo project started   turbo - golf gti turbo project started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30 2009, 12:53

yeah de-mineralised water you only add 10% unlike solvent at 2:1 its not cheap the 3.5l tins on the mixing sceme are £350 per tin (standox). its better than solvent in the fact that waterbase doesnt react with anything so no ringing around repairs, no silcones, fish eyes etc
Back to top Go down
SuperMario
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
SuperMario

PostSubject: Re: golf gti turbo project started   turbo - golf gti turbo project started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30 2009, 12:58

ooo good point! so if your redoing some thing that was done round the back of halfords it would never pickle up, nicee i never thought of that. wow that is pricey but like you said 10% is nothing, i dont have a sceme get it orderd in, so i have half a million tins in the cubourd lol
they say all this waterbased is to save the enviroment, but you hardly get much overspray of the basecoat any way, isnt laquer whats tearing a hole in the ozone? lol

ware abouts is you work mate, ill have to come have a butchers 1day!
Back to top Go down
haggerty_motorsport
haggerty_motorsport

PostSubject: Re: golf gti turbo project started   turbo - golf gti turbo project started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30 2009, 13:13

i know what you mean, its the wet on wet and the laquer with the iscocanates i bet half the thinners in the base has evaporated by the the time its hit filters, do you high solids laquer or ms
Back to top Go down
SuperMario
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
SuperMario

PostSubject: Re: golf gti turbo project started   turbo - golf gti turbo project started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31 2009, 10:34

rarely do solids only on like old vans realy, just the ol basecoat n laquer mainly.
Back to top Go down
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

PostSubject: Re: golf gti turbo project started   turbo - golf gti turbo project started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01 2009, 15:04

Hey fella.... welcome! sorry to jump on you!! but do you do custom bodywork i.e pulling and shaping wheel arches??
Back to top Go down
haggerty_motorsport
haggerty_motorsport

PostSubject: Re: golf gti turbo project started   turbo - golf gti turbo project started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02 2009, 12:46

ive rolled afew in my time but never flared any there is a tool you can buy to do it:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/wheel-arch-roller_W0QQitemZ130186547174QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item130186547174&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

i probably could do it but you would have to show me so i know exactly what you wanted
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: golf gti turbo project started   turbo - golf gti turbo project started - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

golf gti turbo project started
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2