Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

my mk4 project

Go down 
+5
vr6brew
EditiononeG60
Bazza
Fitzy
Gricey
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Gricey
Nomad
Nomad
Gricey

my mk4 project - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: my mk4 project   my mk4 project - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04 2009, 15:04

hey people quick update ill get some pics soon ,

got both top THS performance mounts , solid but not polybushed like a mid way point , coupled with my polybushed bottom dog bone mount, my engine is absoloutly solid doesnt move a bit , completely transformed the car its absoloutly lovely now

I bought a parrot ck3200 from a mate for £20 (bargin) and struggled like f*@! fitting it , rung danny (clio 172) and him oliver emma and kayleigh popped round and gave me a hand to get it sorted , absoloute legend cant thank him enough , now the golf is fully wired for blue tooth

also turned the boost down to a reasonable level (de cranked the wastegate ) as it was wildly overboosting and causing limp mode really often , id rather have reasonable amount of boost all the time then loads some of the time , plus the flames popping and huge surgess where starting to cause a bit of smoke so was about time to turn it down

right more work done this last 3 weeks ,

as some of u know i took it off the road due to the manifold being cracked , well in the end i had to take the engine out to replace the manifold ,
but its on now so i fitted a new 50% larger manfold from atp at the cost of £320 , this was a challenge in itself having to remove the engine for one and then having to cut casting marks off so the turbo fitted grrr
whilst it was off i found that the exhaust housing on the turbo that i had bought previously was cracked and the helicoils i had fitted to it had split and where no good anymore, so i had to buy a brand new turbo exhaust housing and fit that (another £300) , whilst the engine was out i decided that as the clutch had slipped a few time previously it was time to remove the dual mass flywheel and old clutch which had been replaced at around 85k buy vw at the cost of £1100 wow lol so now a quick trip to euros and £220 later i had a nice valeo 4p single mass flywheel and clutch kit, i also changed the sump plug as it was rounded, so new oil and filter , also changed the gearbox oil as it has done 146k and it cant hurt so oh well , all new fluids (obviously) and it was back together and in the car , started first time woop , took it down the road and it missed like hell ,
earlier in the week mark had trod on the n75 valve that i had carelessly left on the floor lmao , so we thought maybe its that thats causing the missfire , so i popped down and bought an uprated J valve as apposed to my standerd C valve , (the n75 valve controlls boost and the further along the alphabet the more aggressive the valve controlls the boost apparently lol) still got a missfire , so vagcom'd it and turns out it was a coil pack even tho id been swapping them around ,

only thing iv got left to do is reposition the actuator again to turn the boost down a bit more , and fix the abs sensor and speed sensor , then we are all fixord and can be left for a little while before i get 4bar fpr and stage 2 map , then its all cosmetics before i win the lottery and 4wd it lol

bad news

fixed the boost issue, pulled outa hertford tesco boosted in 1st no problems , boosted in second big pop , no power masses of white smoke think iv either blown the headgasket or iv completely oblitterated the turbo

so yeah thats the issues iv had in the last 3 months , good bad good bad good bad ,

pics to follow soon i just wanna get it fixed once and for all
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruise-herts.net
Gricey
Nomad
Nomad
Gricey

PostSubject: Re: my mk4 project   my mk4 project - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04 2009, 15:09

btw sorry for poor / no punctuation ,

thanks to cali for the n75 valve

now do i sell my bike and buy the £1400 gt28 eliminator kit or hybrid the k03s to a k04 or what do i do now lol
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: my mk4 project   my mk4 project - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04 2009, 15:13

i regret selling my bike....................Sad

but if u cant have a bike.......................have a really fast car!!

i now have NO bike and NO really fast car !!!!! Sad kinda went wrong for me!! hahaha!
Back to top Go down
Gricey
Nomad
Nomad
Gricey

PostSubject: Re: my mk4 project   my mk4 project - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04 2009, 15:21

lol , thing is im thinking if the car gonna cost me too much i have no option but to sell the bike to repair the engine , forge pistons steel rods etc etc and big turbo ,

tbh i just want the fckuing thing to run properly
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: my mk4 project   my mk4 project - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05 2009, 00:24

Mate, that sucks after you have sunk so much effort into it and not to mention money.
You can't be far off now and we don't mod cars just for the outcome, we do it because we like to play with the mechanics and we are obviously insane.
Hopefully the problems is far smaller than you think and you can resolve it without too much money.

Getting back into the bikes, once they have gone, is going to be very hard. If you can find a way to balance it all then go for it.
Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: my mk4 project   my mk4 project - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05 2009, 04:58

Keep trying dude, know you've been plagued with problems but that engine has had some punishment. If anyone can sort this, i'm sure you can. Keep the faith.
Back to top Go down
Gricey
Nomad
Nomad
Gricey

PostSubject: Re: my mk4 project   my mk4 project - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05 2009, 13:20

thanks people ,

after serious thought and some other clues coming to light its the turbo,

its more then likely that the turbo was a bit tired and coupled with it being blown on alot harder by the manifold and a being properly sealed etc it ran too hard for its condition and s*@! itself ,

the turbo itself isnt really gutting its the fact iv just put a £320 housing on the poxxy thing that is the gutting part , but im unsure as to wether im going to do one of 3 things

buy k03s turbo (fully recond one) pros - cheap enough circa £450 spools quick would run circa 240- 250 if i added a £20 4bar fpr and stage 2 map (around £200), minimal outlay gets car back asap so i could sell it
or keep it for a while

or sell bike / work like a fool

buy k04 -001 pros - fits standerd manifold and downpipe, will need tt injectors tt turbo intake pipe and 3" maf and remap circa 1k but gains to around 260bhp fw

buy k04 - 023 pros - k03s hybrid with bigger k04 internals will need tt injectors tt turbo intake pipe and 3" maf and remap circa 1.4k but gains to around 300 - 320 bhp - i would only run around 290 as to stay in safe tollerance of internals

ill be honest im so sick of not driving it , and im thinking i could get a mk2 or mk3 golf and have money again , and just be really low and smooth ,
or an evo 4/5 and have lots of power in a car designed to have loadsa power ,

and please i am absoloutly gutted so comments of i told u so , or burn it , scrap it etc , really aint welcome, sunday i had the worse day ever blew the golf , got home at 11:30 to find out i had to go gatwick to get stacey sister on the way down i got flashed on the m25 at about 95mph , didnt get in till 2:30am , and then had a s*@! day all day today

some one please just give me some good news
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: my mk4 project   my mk4 project - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05 2009, 13:44

dude, firstly, i haven't got any good news, but, im sorry sorry to hear the bad things going down with it at the moment, and thats pritty bad being tagged doing 95MPH, thats heavy, have you heard anything from the DVLGAY?

i kinda know how you feel, i had good, bad going down with my stage 2 Golf. spent a bit of money on it, but what i found, is that lots of things started playing up, and it got to the point where the only way was "UP". got things done and before i knew it, i started getting somewhere with it.

i also wanted to say, fair, fooking play to you in taking the engine out and doing all that work on it, i knew you were onto something big by the updates on facebook, dont be down, pat yourself on the back.

on the Evo front....you could go the route, but, i dunno, i know you like all forms of cars, which is cool. but, your mk4, your nearly done with it, i dunno, you go with a evo, what happens if you got to do a few bits on that too, back a square one again? i dunno fella, do what your heart tells you, i got like this, i thought if i got another type of car it would be the easy route out, but no?!

as i said dude, follow your heart, us nomads will always back you, we will always be here for you, your part of the click. i hope you have a think, and keep that lovely wagen of yours Smile

Dubsy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: my mk4 project   my mk4 project - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05 2009, 14:22

due the speedings s*@!!

head up tho! my car is of the road, just the wiring with valves somewhere, soo irratating, actually thinking of doing an insurance job lol! i cant seem to get my head round it! youll get it sorted!!

=)
Back to top Go down
Gricey
Nomad
Nomad
Gricey

PostSubject: Re: my mk4 project   my mk4 project - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05 2009, 14:26

thanks man means alot , only got flashed last night so no majour tbh i got a clean licence atm but oh well just another kick in the teeth

the dub will be fixed its just how i fix it to wat stage is what im debating , then itll be run for a few weeks and maybe sold or maybe ill fall in love with it again and go mental again,

thing is that evo is more power then my golf standerd and its built for it , i got a family now and im fed up with lying under cars 24/7 spending every last penny on cars as apposed to holidays and going out etc etc , wardrobe full of nice threads and all i wear is work s*@! and old joggers coverd in oil lol, constantly black, work 7am till 11:30pm , just fed up tbh and havent had a home cooked meal in weeks cause i dont get time lmao , i just dunno what to do atm

wild maybe we could strip and burn them together mate lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: my mk4 project   my mk4 project - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05 2009, 14:32

haha a ceremony!

i cant remember the last home cooked meal i had! proper s*@!! spend all day at work, theni come home, to go to my house which has no electric or plumbing or plaster! lol! got some work to do...hoping to get to look at my car this week or weekend!

sometimes the motorway cameras dont work, my mate got flashed at 2 in the morning doing 85/90 and never heard anything, and my old man got flashed on m25 and didnt hear anything!

fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
Gricey
Nomad
Nomad
Gricey

PostSubject: Re: my mk4 project   my mk4 project - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05 2009, 14:37

hope thats true , points dont bother me 2 much , 1400 turbo bill does ,

and if u need anything wild gimmie a call pop into buildbase in wgc and ill sort u out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: my mk4 project   my mk4 project - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05 2009, 14:43

sweet cheers

hope you get lucky with a turbo! i got a k03 if you get really desperate lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: my mk4 project   my mk4 project - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05 2009, 14:47

Gricey wrote:

maybe we could strip and burn them together mate lol

nah! but i wouldnt mind burning the evo if you got one, rice burns nicely Wink
Back to top Go down
Gricey
Nomad
Nomad
Gricey

PostSubject: Re: my mk4 project   my mk4 project - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05 2009, 15:30

lol dont suppose its an S lol ,

lol ull have to catch it to burn it lmao Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: my mk4 project   my mk4 project - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05 2009, 15:44

Gricey wrote:

lol ull have to catch it to burn it lmao Wink

erm no gricy Rolling Eyes il just follow you til you park it up? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: my mk4 project   my mk4 project - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06 2009, 17:03

Sounds like your not having all the luck dude. just keep pluggin away at it and it'll come right sometime.

Know what you mean about laying under cars, with no sign of it coming to an end, but you know when it's done it'll put that smile back on your face.

Just gotta bear in mind all that punishment you've given it, just needs a bit of TLC and she'll reward you in the end.

Cars are like women, good when their good but most of the time they don't know which way is up and just give you grief cause they can lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: my mk4 project   my mk4 project - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07 2009, 01:12

Bazza wrote:

Cars are like women, good when their good but most of the time they don't know which way is up and just give you grief cause they can lol!

forget sending calis quote to golf plus, this is surely the new on to send them? 

Only messing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: my mk4 project   my mk4 project - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07 2009, 03:13

Thanks for the kind comment Dubsy lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: my mk4 project   my mk4 project - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07 2009, 04:40

Bazza wrote:
Thanks for the kind comment Dubsy lol!

no pasa nada!
Back to top Go down
Gricey
Nomad
Nomad
Gricey

PostSubject: Re: my mk4 project   my mk4 project - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07 2009, 11:40

right turbo has had it , 3 litres of neat oil and loadsa coolant in the exhaust ,

plan is engine out again , new oil again , new head gasket , new water pump new cambelt and tensioner , head rebuild with new valve stem oil seals and valves re ground ,

more bloody money ,

so its coming back soon , gonna run her thru the winter and then see what happens with it from there , might go back to N/A and a bit old skool
Back to top Go down
CADDYANDY
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
CADDYANDY

PostSubject: Re: my mk4 project   my mk4 project - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07 2009, 13:38

Keep ur head up mate
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.HERTSDUBS.COM
Gricey
Nomad
Nomad
Gricey

PostSubject: Re: my mk4 project   my mk4 project - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11 2009, 03:23

right ,

went down to see my mates at bt salvage yesterday and bought another k03s with absoloutly everything of a police car with 28k on it , for a nice ish price , whip'd the old one off and found some interesting results ,

my mk4 project - Page 3 10102009188
my mk4 project - Page 3 10102009189
my mk4 project - Page 3 10102009190

the turbo has sheard the shaft in half and spat the exhaust turbine down into the mid section , with there being no shaft in the bearing the car spat all of its oil into the exhaust ind intercooler , i must have turned it off seconds before it used all its oil and destroyed itself ,

i pored over 2 litres of oil from the downpipe, cleaned all the boost hoses and throttle bodie out , reved it on my drive way and the vacum closed the forge throttle body inlet pipe , odd !!

took the intercooler pipes off and another liter of oil and bits of turbo came out , so removed the intercooler intirely and pored another liter outa the cooler , but it was still sloshing around and when i blew down the cooler it was like blowing into a straw in a milkshake, 3 litres of petrol later rinsing out the cooler it was ready to go back on ,
put it all back together nice and clean , went slowly down the road gonna try and bed this in for a few miles before i push it, as soon as the exhaust got hot it smoked like a nicotine craved mad man, it had oil dripping outa the tail pipes and was thick white smoke , id cleaned as much as i could and thought to myself , iv just gotta go burn it off theres nothing i can do ,
so i drove to hunsdon , got as far as hertford before i filled an unfortunate police mans car full of thick oil smoke , to wich he pulled me over we had a chat he was preety cool and understood that i knew more about it then himself so quick check for the usual and off on my smokey way , got to hunsdon car still smoking preety bad , had a cuppa , as i was driving back it started to clear up a bit , so i thought right go down a back lane , keep on a fast idle this should burn a load of it off , sat in the old coach road in hertford for an hour at 2k rpm burnt a load off but its still smoking , guess itll go over time , so there you go , thats my little update lol

if it stays itll be getting new coilovers and front polybushed ,

if it goes ill be going for an evo 4/5

only time will tell ,
Back to top Go down
Gricey
Nomad
Nomad
Gricey

PostSubject: Re: my mk4 project   my mk4 project - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11 2009, 03:26

vaxed my seats as well , this is the dirt outa them just the front 2 , they didnt look that bad !! thats foul

my mk4 project - Page 3 03102009185

few more pics of the manifold etc
my mk4 project - Page 3 07092009159
my mk4 project - Page 3 07092009160
my mk4 project - Page 3 07092009161
my mk4 project - Page 3 07092009162
my mk4 project - Page 3 07092009163
my mk4 project - Page 3 07092009164
my mk4 project - Page 3 07092009165
my mk4 project - Page 3 07092009166
Back to top Go down
brindle
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
brindle

PostSubject: Re: my mk4 project   my mk4 project - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11 2009, 04:29

wow! that manifold looked fubar!

keep goin dude
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my mk4 project   my mk4 project - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my mk4 project
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next