Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Project: Blackalicious.

Go down 
+9
D.A.M IT!
vr6brew
minty "TIMMY"
Fitzy
SuperMario
dapperdan
MartinR
Calimori
Dashworth
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dashworth
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
Dashworth

Project: Blackalicious.  Empty
PostSubject: Project: Blackalicious.    Project: Blackalicious.  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31 2010, 10:34

Right.

For those of you that know me.... Oh hai
For those of you that havent had the pleasure Smile or have joined since the weather has forced us indoors, My names Dashworth and I hail from the quaint little town of St.Albans Smile
If youve seen me or my car on the mk5 owners forum or edition you might know me as 'Bangers and Mashworth' 'Itchy Rashworth' or currently 'Grand master Flashworth' :p

My previous build thread on here died a death Sad . Possibly because I couldnt be bothered but mostly because i didnt think it was anything special.
So here is the '5 in its final guise

Project: Blackalicious.  Mk5

by the time I'd finished it had 18" alloys, custom coilovers, decat resonated miltek exhaust, nice chunky induction kit and a couple of other bits and peices but i was never happy with it Sad . I dont know why... I was just never happy Sad

On to bigger and better things now though!!!!!
After Spending the weekend at Vagfest last year and loosing my locking wheelnut on some drunken adventure I wandered off into town to go and buy myself a new and shiny Locking wheel nut key!
When I got into wayside St.Albans The lovely people there said 'yeah we've got one, have a look around whilst we find it and tell us if theres anything you like' Razz

Unfortunately as I was sat inside the Car making engine noises, a salesmen came over and asked if I was interesed in taking for it for a test drive....

1 Day, 3 Hours and a couple of minutes after taking the car for a test drive and I give you.... Blackalicious Project: Blackalicious.  161462

Project: Blackalicious.  Roccoangle

Project: Blackalicious.  Roccoangle2

Project: Blackalicious.  Roccotunnelrun2

Its a 2.0 GT TDI, Should be pushing about 140 BHP and its dying for a remap but.... looks first Razz

I picked these up for an absolute steal from a fella up in Evesham and I Pick(ed) them up on the 3rd of Jan.
They are 19x9 Audi BBS Speedline splits and have about a 1" dish all round.

Project: Blackalicious.  Bbs1

Project: Blackalicious.  Bbs7

Project: Blackalicious.  Bb2

Project: Blackalicious.  Bbs4

Project: Blackalicious.  Bbs3

Project: Blackalicious.  161462 Project: Blackalicious.  161462 Project: Blackalicious.  161462

Ive already sourced Tyres for them and The plan is to have the whole wheel ceramicly polished so they look like this....

Project: Blackalicious.  Polishedsplits

bare with me though. Razz
Anyway.... Hope you all like what you've 'scene' so far any comments you guys have got will always mean alot to me so good or bad lets hear them! Happy new year everyone Very Happy

Dashworth x x x

Last edited by Dashworth on Thu Jan 19 2012, 03:34; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Project: Blackalicious.    Project: Blackalicious.  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31 2010, 11:47

Glad to see the girl is seeing the right side of a spanner. Those wheels look lovely, the car is going to like em. I was told I couldn't have spidery web wheels by the missus. Crying or Very sad

Bring on the full blown modify thread of Blackalicious.
Back to top Go down
MartinR
Nomad
Nomad
MartinR

PostSubject: Re: Project: Blackalicious.    Project: Blackalicious.  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01 2011, 11:56

mmmm nice

i like these
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: Project: Blackalicious.    Project: Blackalicious.  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02 2011, 03:08

nice one dash, and yes lovely wheels

keep on keepin on!!!
Back to top Go down
SuperMario
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
SuperMario

PostSubject: Re: Project: Blackalicious.    Project: Blackalicious.  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02 2011, 09:38

dash u gta put the tyres on the the rim before you fit them!!
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: Project: Blackalicious.    Project: Blackalicious.  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03 2011, 02:32

Musto wrote:
dash u gta put the tyres on the the rim before you fit them!!

hahaha, i've heard it can affect the handling some what!!

Really like the wheels dash, excellent , will look great polished and wrapped in some low pro rubber.

Brilliant start to the year for the motor..............keep us posted young man
Back to top Go down
Dashworth
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
Dashworth

PostSubject: Re: Project: Blackalicious.    Project: Blackalicious.  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03 2011, 06:34

thanks guys Smile

Ive just been to collect the wheels so they are now safe and secure tucked away in my garage Project: Blackalicious.  161462

collect the tyres tomorrow, 215/35/19 if anyones interested Smile and ive got to sort some spigot rings out at some point before they go off to 'the polisher'

should hopefully be on the motor between april and may now depending on when i get the coilovers sorted Smile

cheers for the kind words and watch this space Smile
Back to top Go down
Dashworth
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
Dashworth

PostSubject: Re: Project: Blackalicious.    Project: Blackalicious.  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13 2011, 15:35

quick update:

ive sourced some vmaxx coilovers from the depths of the internet. Unfortunately the lad im buying them off doesnt have the rear shocks for sale as they are still holding up the rear of his scirocco but has the rear springs and the complete front setup Smile

to my suprise though, i phoned up vmaxx the other day to see how much they would try and rob me for 2 new rear shocks and they have told me they can sell me the spring and shock for £30 a side....

thats £400 coliovers for £210 Razz

anyone want to fit them with/for me for a couple of beer tokens? Project: Blackalicious.  161462
Back to top Go down
minty "TIMMY"
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
minty

PostSubject: Re: Project: Blackalicious.    Project: Blackalicious.  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14 2011, 02:15

hurry up and put these parts on dude,need to see it!!
Back to top Go down
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

PostSubject: Re: Project: Blackalicious.    Project: Blackalicious.  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16 2011, 14:15

Nice work dash... those rims are uber cool mate and will look awesome on the car! sorry mate i know your trying to save a few ££ but dont scrimp on the coilys..... save up for an air-ride kit Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dashworth
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
Dashworth

PostSubject: Re: Project: Blackalicious.    Project: Blackalicious.  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18 2011, 12:51

thanks for the kind words papa.
Air ride will happen one day but I just cant bring myself to part with so much money on a modification on a car! The cheapest quote I got was £2500 Shocked Shocked Shocked
The plan is to win the lottery in the next couple of weeks though so i'll let you know when that happens Razz

finally got spigot rings through in the post (Rtec in st.albans wanted £40 Shocked for a set of 4 and i bought them from www.spigot-rings.com for £13.99 including postage.... F*cking criminals)
I went to pick up the tyres from southall at the weekend so I can get them on the alloys when they come back from being polished (if i can afford it next month)

a quick test fit on one of the alloys... not quite as much stretch as i was expecting but i dont think i can get away with anymore Razz

apologies for the awful quality of the iphone pics but its all me and my mate had to hand Sad

so for your veiwing pleasure...

19x9 alloys with 215/35/19 Nankang NS2's Razz

Project: Blackalicious.  Tyrestretch3

Project: Blackalicious.  Tyrestretch2

Project: Blackalicious.  Tyrestretch1

Thanks for reading

Dash
Back to top Go down
SuperMario
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
SuperMario

PostSubject: Re: Project: Blackalicious.    Project: Blackalicious.  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18 2011, 13:13

i dont think a big stretch suits bigger wheels tbh, so these are about spot on! hope yhe vmax's dont produce a poo ride! buy like fitxy said great start for the scirocco!!
Back to top Go down
D.A.M IT!
D.A.M IT!

PostSubject: Re: Project: Blackalicious.    Project: Blackalicious.  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18 2011, 14:36

They should look shweet on the rocco when you get them on Twisted Evil nice one Dash Smile
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: Project: Blackalicious.    Project: Blackalicious.  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19 2011, 07:26

nice streeeeeech

you dont want anymore than that mate i would be a shame to have to slow down for corners for fear of the tyre poppin off

and yeah should be able to get arch nice and close t that there rim mmmmmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
Dashworth
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
Dashworth

PostSubject: Re: Project: Blackalicious.    Project: Blackalicious.  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19 2011, 09:33

the whole reason i need so much stretch isnt really all for looks... although the do look awesome :p

the alloys are ET33 so stick out about 5mm from the arch (the pictures in my first post kinda show it) so i had to do a bit of reading up on law and legislation before i bought them...

supposedly im allowed my wheels to stick out from the arches a mighty 30mm!!!! aslong as they dont have any sharp edges (im assuming that means sythes etc) but the tyre tread has to remain inside the arch. Smile horray for stretch

Back to top Go down
D.A.M IT!
D.A.M IT!

PostSubject: Re: Project: Blackalicious.    Project: Blackalicious.  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19 2011, 10:06

Dashworth wrote:
supposedly im allowed my wheels to stick out from the arches a mighty 30mm!!!! aslong as they dont have any sharp edges (im assuming that means sythes etc) but the tyre tread has to remain inside the arch. Smile horray for stretch

DAMN!! does that mean i cant get these rims for my car Very Happy

Project: Blackalicious.  James-Bond-Aston-Martin-DB5-Spinner
Back to top Go down
Dashworth
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
Dashworth

PostSubject: Re: Project: Blackalicious.    Project: Blackalicious.  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19 2011, 15:14

mehehehehe :p
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: Project: Blackalicious.    Project: Blackalicious.  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21 2011, 04:32

Dashworth wrote:
the whole reason i need so much stretch isnt really all for looks... although the do look awesome :p

the alloys are ET33 so stick out about 5mm from the arch (the pictures in my first post kinda show it) so i had to do a bit of reading up on law and legislation before i bought them...

yes mate as long as the tread is under the arch yur fine cheers
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: Project: Blackalicious.    Project: Blackalicious.  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21 2011, 13:04

look fantastic dash.......as guys said any more stretch and it wont look right - and u would have sacrificed the drivability of ur daily driver!!

nice one
Back to top Go down
Dashworth
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
Dashworth

PostSubject: Re: Project: Blackalicious.    Project: Blackalicious.  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02 2011, 02:28

quick update: Ive just packaged up the wheels and they are now sat in my garage ready for their trip up to glasgow...

Im a bit sad to see them go really Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: Project: Blackalicious.    Project: Blackalicious.  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02 2011, 16:00

woop woop
Back to top Go down
Dashworth
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
Dashworth

PostSubject: Re: Project: Blackalicious.    Project: Blackalicious.  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04 2011, 09:39

Project: Blackalicious.  P1000297

Project: Blackalicious.  P1000291

Project: Blackalicious.  P1000275

Project: Blackalicious.  P1000288

comments good or bad welcome...

I cant stop smiling Razz
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Project: Blackalicious.    Project: Blackalicious.  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04 2011, 13:10

One negative comment from me, they are not on the bloody car yet.
They do look lurvley.
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: Project: Blackalicious.    Project: Blackalicious.  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05 2011, 03:25

they look great dude ,

1 question are the laquered ? if not get some wax on them before you run them or the will oxidize it will also stop brake dust corrosion

lookin good

p.s. you want hard wax i.e carnuba wax not soft wax i.e bees wax .. i am sure theres a wax for alloys in pvw/golf???
Back to top Go down
Dashworth
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
Dashworth

PostSubject: Re: Project: Blackalicious.    Project: Blackalicious.  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05 2011, 03:56

ive got to get them polished up with some alu metal polish just to remove all the crap thats stuck to the dish and centres, then a couple of layers of autoglym SRP ( thanks musto, looks the bollocks Razz )

after that its going to be a few layers of wheel sealent and then wax over the top Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project: Blackalicious.    Project: Blackalicious.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Project: Blackalicious.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next