Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

the dodgy looks magnet :P

Go down 
+8
Fitzy
vr6brew
Calimori
SheilasWheels
vwdeviant
CADDYANDY
dapperdan
jakeabee
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
jakeabee
Nomad
Nomad
jakeabee

the dodgy looks magnet :P - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09 2009, 03:55

oh! thanks dude, yeah im definately gonna leave the arches off ive got replacement cl side trim on already but i colour coded them cos i thought it looked classy haha!
glad you like the keskins im a bit sick of them now though the fake bolts keep falling off lol! im looking for a change some time soon. tbh i want yours Razz
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09 2009, 05:41

Looking sweet dude.
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09 2009, 06:14

YES MATE i am likin the cleanNESSSSSSS

get some more pics up i need a rear shot!

and i agree PAPA'S wheels would ROCK ON DAT
Back to top Go down
jakeabee
Nomad
Nomad
jakeabee

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09 2009, 12:17

rear shot isnt that great really, i think i need to run it lower a tad to get it how i want, but ive already managed to smoosh the sills into oblivion, anyway your wish is my command..
the dodgy looks magnet :P - Page 3 Bootyshot

and some of these
the dodgy looks magnet :P - Page 3 Nosey
the dodgy looks magnet :P - Page 3 Skyblue
the dodgy looks magnet :P - Page 3 Whatagay
Back to top Go down
jakeabee
Nomad
Nomad
jakeabee

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09 2009, 12:18

ignore the prat at the bottom my girlfriend took the shots haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09 2009, 12:26

yess!! looking good!!!

i like!
Back to top Go down
SuperMario
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
SuperMario

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09 2009, 12:30

first time i looked at this thread, from the 1st pic it looks ace now! a while to go till it looks like that insiration pic tho!
Back to top Go down
jakeabee
Nomad
Nomad
jakeabee

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09 2009, 22:22

haha thanks for reminding me of that dude... thinking of going a different route with it now i want 928's now but i might grow out of that, too much choice. i should be getting smooth bumpers (i hate my indicators!) if the guy ever gets back to me but its not looking too promising at the moment. and cant decide on what i want to do to the boot at the mo.
vr transplant may be on the cards if i ever get in gear. the 8v aint runnin to hot at the mo. it seems to judder like its misfiring but only when turning right?!?! baffles me.. but its an excuse eh haha!
Back to top Go down
minty "TIMMY"
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
minty

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10 2009, 06:29

sweet ride dude
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10 2009, 14:52

mate.................youve transformed this car!, it looks great -nice one

just need the nice weather to roll on...................
Back to top Go down
jakeabee
Nomad
Nomad
jakeabee

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11 2009, 05:01

tell me about it i cant wait to get the bloody roof down now its gonna be lovely in the summer. and il be able to work on it without getting frostbite which hould be a treat!
Back to top Go down
jakeabee
Nomad
Nomad
jakeabee

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16 2009, 12:18

woop woop! i got new wheels. waiting on spacers and tyres.
i got 928's hope they sit right
i wanted to ask, can you use adapters plus spacers.. or am i asking for death.
Back to top Go down
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16 2009, 16:20

Well pleased for dude!! love 928,s they 1 of my fav porka rims, wait til you get the adapters mate which you,ll get easily from E38 then have a play about, but that judderin prob when turning right sounds like something maybe catching on the fuel lines... get someone to sit in the car and turn the wheel to the right, as you look in under the bonnet look down and see if your fuel lines are getting pinched or squashed by the steering set up...
Back to top Go down
jakeabee
Nomad
Nomad
jakeabee

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16 2009, 21:28

thanks so much for that papa, i never even thought about the lines, it stalled again today while turning sharply and the steering has started to creak so im extremely hopeful it is that, as i thought it may have been a filter or some such nasty.. il give that a try tomorrow

i cant wait to get the wheels on now im aiming to get it looking respectable enough to turn up to a job interview with without getting turned away at the door haha
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17 2009, 04:26

vr6brew wrote:
,but that judderin prob when turning right

could be rotary valve (i think its called that!??) in power steering system (its the valve which 'ups' the revs when u put the pump under strain - like when turning ) so if its faultly it wont increase the revs when turnning hard and can cause the car to 'judder' like its being starved of fuel but also cause it 2 cut out if the revs drop too low.

.............or it could be something else like the pump playing up
Back to top Go down
jakeabee
Nomad
Nomad
jakeabee

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20 2009, 00:17

no problems with the lines as far as i can see Sad this rotary valve sounds an interesting option, but the thing is even if i try to up the revs myself by giving it some the hesitation is still there. unless my foot is off the accelerator or flat down on it then it goes away (replaced by horrible understeer i might add Razz)
Back to top Go down
jakeabee
Nomad
Nomad
jakeabee

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27 2009, 19:15

random question? will R-tec strech tyres, i see they have a sale on and have heard they do good prices. failing that does anyone know of a good tyre place where i wont get bummed
Back to top Go down
jakeabee
Nomad
Nomad
jakeabee

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27 2009, 19:17

car went poo poo the other day. cylider number 4 got tired and decided to have a nap on the way back from canterbury. that was a nice relaxing drive Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28 2009, 00:57

yes i believe r tec will stretch tyres.
Back to top Go down
jakeabee
Nomad
Nomad
jakeabee

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28 2009, 11:45

awesome, il have to pay them a visit when my car stops bankrupting me
Back to top Go down
fresh_creps
Nomad
Nomad
fresh_creps

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02 2009, 13:39

just a warning bout r-tec mate,not saying don't go there but just warning ya cos they fu**ed my car.All I wanted was them to change tyres and wheels over for me,yet they managed to break my parcel shelf clip so my parcel shelf doesn't sit properly and break my door lock on 1 side.

My other mate's hada bad experience with them aswell.But like I said just to warn ya mate,maybe just keep an eye on your car or give it a check over when its done Smile
Back to top Go down
jakeabee
Nomad
Nomad
jakeabee

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04 2009, 05:09

cheers for the heads up man, i wont be letting them loose on the car so no worries im just gonna take the wheels to them and tell them to slap some tyres on.
i trial fitted the wheels the other day too. does anyone know where i can get a giant allen key mabye 15mm to go on a socket set the adapters are allen key holes..

pics
the dodgy looks magnet :P - Page 3 Aaa003
the dodgy looks magnet :P - Page 3 Aaa002
Back to top Go down
jakeabee
Nomad
Nomad
jakeabee

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04 2009, 05:14

im worried that it looks a bit underwheeled
this shows them a bit better
the dodgy looks magnet :P - Page 3 Aaa001
Back to top Go down
CADDYANDY
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
CADDYANDY

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08 2009, 05:13

hello jake what u doing with the old wheels?
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.HERTSDUBS.COM
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08 2009, 07:33

jakeabee wrote:
im worried that it looks a bit underwheeled
what do you mean by that???

i think both sets look great

wait until u put ur tyres on , it'll fill the arches better and u'll get the 'bigger picture', mk3's always look good on 928's
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the dodgy looks magnet :P
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next