Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

the dodgy looks magnet :P

Go down 
+8
Fitzy
vr6brew
Calimori
SheilasWheels
vwdeviant
CADDYANDY
dapperdan
jakeabee
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
jakeabee
Nomad
Nomad
jakeabee

the dodgy looks magnet :P Empty
PostSubject: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16 2008, 06:22

ok so not really a fanny magnet but thought it would be cool to start up a thread as im very slowly making progress on it. well she started like this
the dodgy looks magnet :P Mycabby
and i have these old rotters lying about Razz
the dodgy looks magnet :P IMG_3793
now plus fk coilies wound as high as they can go so not ready for a healthy drop yet.
and hopefully new rolling stock is just around the corner, should start to take shape pretty soon.

INSPIRATION
the dodgy looks magnet :P Thenuts

Last edited by jakeabee on Sat Mar 07 2009, 19:58; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
jakeabee
Nomad
Nomad
jakeabee

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16 2008, 06:32

ok updates

the dodgy looks magnet :P IMG_3916
the dodgy looks magnet :P IMG_3917

ever so slightly less arch gap..
the dodgy looks magnet :P IMG_3918
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16 2008, 06:38

what size are the wheels ?
Back to top Go down
jakeabee
Nomad
Nomad
jakeabee

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16 2008, 06:48

well standards are 14 the splits are 16 but i need 17's so hopefully i should be recieving them soon.
Back to top Go down
jakeabee
Nomad
Nomad
jakeabee

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16 2008, 06:52

also wanted opinions on vento front end i have lying about what you guys think?
Back to top Go down
CADDYANDY
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
CADDYANDY

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16 2008, 07:52

BE GOOD WHEN DONE MATE U COMING WEDNESDAY? GOT UR GRILL
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.HERTSDUBS.COM
jakeabee
Nomad
Nomad
jakeabee

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16 2008, 09:53

i work wednesday nights andy but i could meet up with you before 6 if thats cool with you? such a pain working wednesdays.
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16 2008, 10:58

Liking the splits.. you have the centre caps too?

Would look kwel with black centres... polished lips
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
jakeabee
Nomad
Nomad
jakeabee

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16 2008, 11:52

yeah i tried the black centres but didnt really like it so stripped it back off. if i can ever be bothered il polish all of them but the lips are all pitted so i sort of gave up haha. was thinking of spraying them a rover applejack green though. that may still happen, i can always mors them off and polish em up again i spose
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16 2008, 13:01

wicked updates dude! liking the splitties too! keep it coming, and keep us updated!!
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17 2008, 00:55

jaycabbie wrote:
was thinking of spraying them a rover applejack green though. that may still happen, i can always mors them off and polish em up again i spose

Oooh the bright green that 1275 minis were painted in the 70's? Yeah would look cool!
Back to top Go down
SheilasWheels
Nomad
Nomad
SheilasWheels

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17 2008, 01:09

Cool
Back to top Go down
jakeabee
Nomad
Nomad
jakeabee

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17 2008, 05:18

yeah thats the colour, i dont know if im going to do it now as i think it might be a bit to lairy. and i cant just do the centres as they have a recessed lip and if i paint the centres it just makes it look even more obvious.
i do have an update of sorts for today though.
i just spent £40 buying a new set of headlights to replace the old one which i had smashed the glass and they arrived today.

old set:
the dodgy looks magnet :P IMG_3920

and here we have the new ones straight out of a PADDED BOX.
the dodgy looks magnet :P IMG_3921

ALL GOOD AT FIRST AND THEN...
the dodgy looks magnet :P IMG_3922

GUTTED JUST WASNT THE WORD.. EXACTLY THE SAME SIDE AS THE ONE I HAD ALREADY BROKEN, I GOT IN THE BOX TO FIND SHATTERED GLASS EVERYWHERE... SO I GUESS I WAS FATED TO NEVER HAVE A WORKING VENTO FRONT END.....
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17 2008, 05:21

That motivation pic is enough to make me work through the night, lovely car.

Sorry about that glass, it would really nark me off. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
jakeabee
Nomad
Nomad
jakeabee

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17 2008, 05:35

tell me about it i would happily work day and night to get my car looking like that, its the money constraint thats my downfall at the moment lol. and yes.. screwing
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17 2008, 06:06

Problems with buying lights in the post! But then again looking at how much of the reflector appears to be painted black you probably would have smashed it against a tree on the first dark night out!!
Can you not buy lenses seperately from VAG?
Back to top Go down
jakeabee
Nomad
Nomad
jakeabee

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17 2008, 06:26

im not sure if i could id be sorted, wont fitzy on here know? i actually only bought this set to remove the glass and put it on the old set as they have indicators built in but looks like that wont be happening now..
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17 2008, 07:18

Auto jumbles at car show are the best for these sorts of parts, you can get them really cheap too and it is amazing what you can find.
Back to top Go down
jakeabee
Nomad
Nomad
jakeabee

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17 2008, 09:03

dont suppose anyone knows how to get hold of caddy andy im after a grill from him and hes a hard bugger to get in contact with lol!
Back to top Go down
jakeabee
Nomad
Nomad
jakeabee

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17 2008, 10:10

auto jumble is sounding like a plan i really want to change it up even if just so i can split the gti lights and paint them, dont wanna buy another set as ive had enough lighting experiences already
Back to top Go down
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23 2008, 12:56

Hey dude..... if you find someone who sells these vento light lenses let me know.... mine are badly pitted and marked, would like to replace them at some point.
I like the vento fronts on golfs.. tho i dont like the grill im currently using, so on the lookout for an early badgeless.......
the dodgy looks magnet :P 001-3
Back to top Go down
jakeabee
Nomad
Nomad
jakeabee

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 24 2008, 09:31

yeah seems as i cant use it do you want the early grill, i offered you it a while back but then was gonna try and use it, you still want it?? its chipped on one of the slats but if you were to make it badgeless you would buy another one and plastic weld the badge and chip out. i did want to do this, it looks awesome.
Back to top Go down
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 24 2008, 13:40

jaycabbie wrote:
yeah seems as i cant use it do you want the early grill, i offered you it a while back but then was gonna try and use it, you still want it?? its chipped on one of the slats but if you were to make it badgeless you would buy another one and plastic weld the badge and chip out. i did want to do this, it looks awesome.
Jay if you aint gonna use the grill let me know what you want for it... was thinkin of doing just that! as i have an early grill and could use the 2 to make 1 badgeless...
Back to top Go down
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 24 2008, 14:13

Sorry i just seen the post on rear lights, so £20 all in sounds good! hope to get over maybe sat or sun that ok with you dude?
Back to top Go down
jakeabee
Nomad
Nomad
jakeabee

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25 2008, 04:11

yeah sounds ok to me would like to see the grill when your done. it will make all the diference. i work saturdays til 6 my number is 07784 727984 if you want to sort something out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the dodgy looks magnet :P   the dodgy looks magnet :P I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the dodgy looks magnet :P
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next