Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Buying advice wanted! passat 4motion

Go down 
+3
Fitzy
Dashworth
PremiumVeeDub
7 posters
AuthorMessage
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

Buying advice wanted! passat 4motion Empty
PostSubject: Buying advice wanted! passat 4motion   Buying advice wanted! passat 4motion I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17 2011, 18:47

Arrow http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3063293.htm

Anyone know anything about these?

Common problems, whether they take standard Passat coilies, that sort of thing Wink

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buying advice wanted! passat 4motion   Buying advice wanted! passat 4motion I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18 2011, 02:28

yep DO IT
Back to top Go down
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

PostSubject: Re: Buying advice wanted! passat 4motion   Buying advice wanted! passat 4motion I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18 2011, 03:05

That's not buying advice Twisted Evil

You're biased, it's a loooooooooooooooong VW with a chipfat engine
Back to top Go down
Dashworth
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
Dashworth

PostSubject: Re: Buying advice wanted! passat 4motion   Buying advice wanted! passat 4motion I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18 2011, 04:14

i think the only problem they have are with the DPF being ultra sensitive... but thats only on the brand new models that actually have the DPF.

good engines man, good for something silly like 800 miles a tank if driven sensably Smile
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: Buying advice wanted! passat 4motion   Buying advice wanted! passat 4motion I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19 2011, 03:47

all i can say is .............make sure its had a turbo and clutch.......because at that mileage u'll be looking at one soon and also check the 4 motion system for leaks etc etc

and no ................the suspension is different on the 4 motion and u'll have to buy different coilovers
Back to top Go down
peter_bfc
Nomad
Nomad
peter_bfc

PostSubject: Re: Buying advice wanted! passat 4motion   Buying advice wanted! passat 4motion I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19 2011, 08:23

my advice would be to ask around yr club and find out if somebody wants to get rid of there 1.8t and buy that off him instead Buying advice wanted! passat 4motion 463221

check the carpets for dampness the bungs under the battery clog up and then if fills up and can cause all sorts of electrical problems with alarms and stuff. there's loads of advice on UKpassats.co.uk
Back to top Go down
the_chewmiester

PostSubject: Re: Buying advice wanted! passat 4motion   Buying advice wanted! passat 4motion I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2011, 05:25

peter_bfc wrote:
my advice would be to ask around yr club and find out if somebody wants to get rid of there 1.8t and buy that off him instead Buying advice wanted! passat 4motion 463221

check the carpets for dampness the bungs under the battery clog up and then if fills up and can cause all sorts of electrical problems with alarms and stuff. there's loads of advice on UKpassats.co.uk

This man talks sense, plenum drains need checking and unblocking, first thing I did on mine, battery tray was full of water, as for coilovers, i think they're the same, it's just you can't go as low as us fwd lads as they foul the driveshafts on the rear, don't quote me though.

4motion is a much better way to put the torque to use from the diesel lump, thats for sure.
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: Buying advice wanted! passat 4motion   Buying advice wanted! passat 4motion I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28 2011, 04:50

Any 4motion models can be a pain to lower, I remember reading in one of the golf mags, cause you need to make sure the whole thing is in line as this can cause major problems with the 4wd set up.
Back to top Go down
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

PostSubject: Re: Buying advice wanted! passat 4motion   Buying advice wanted! passat 4motion I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29 2011, 15:59

Cool cheers everyone Very Happy very useful gotta love the 'mads Smile

I'm still looking for a W8 that isn't an auto Sad
Back to top Go down
Bookish
Nomad
Nomad
Bookish

PostSubject: Re: Buying advice wanted! passat 4motion   Buying advice wanted! passat 4motion I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12 2011, 14:31

Become friends with a person with very small hands. Changing a light bulb without cutting yourself to sheds is difficult.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buying advice wanted! passat 4motion   Buying advice wanted! passat 4motion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Buying advice wanted! passat 4motion
Page 1 of 1