Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

credit crunch cars...

Go down 
+2
PremiumVeeDub
L0WRiDE
6 posters
AuthorMessage

credit crunch cars... Empty
PostSubject: credit crunch cars...   credit crunch cars... I_icon_minitimeThu May 14 2009, 10:30

at 260 bhp, chipped up ST's for the plod...cos a standard ST wasnt enough...what a waste...

credit crunch cars... Tn_mt4-L

Piston Heads story
Back to top Go down
L0WRiDE
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
L0WRiDE

PostSubject: Re: credit crunch cars...   credit crunch cars... I_icon_minitimeThu May 14 2009, 12:04

i saw that to day on PH, whats the world coming to!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thrashed-racing.co.uk
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

PostSubject: Re: credit crunch cars...   credit crunch cars... I_icon_minitimeFri May 15 2009, 01:31

Isn't that copper on the right a cardboard cutout?
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: credit crunch cars...   credit crunch cars... I_icon_minitimeFri May 15 2009, 02:25

It is marketing, there would be massive discounts and donations of parts.
Back to top Go down
PremiumVeeDub
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
PremiumVeeDub

PostSubject: Re: credit crunch cars...   credit crunch cars... I_icon_minitimeFri May 15 2009, 03:24

More torque = more catching crims!
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: credit crunch cars...   credit crunch cars... I_icon_minitimeFri May 15 2009, 04:11

Need that much power to drive their fat arse's around, bet neither of them could do the blip test again.
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: credit crunch cars...   credit crunch cars... I_icon_minitimeFri May 15 2009, 05:01

Coming to a rear-view mirror near you soon! Laughing

Warwickshire plod... the zero-tolerance on speeding force!

Why do they need ST's to catch cars on the M6/M42? traffic's mostly stationary, could do that on a Grifter!
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
vw_colourconcept

PostSubject: Re: credit crunch cars...   credit crunch cars... I_icon_minitimeFri May 15 2009, 12:20

Police are new criminals . . . They rob people more than anything. . Last week a friend of mine got a speeding ticket for doing 34 in a 30 zone. . . And yet they get souped up cars . . This isnt bad doe if you ever been to southend you see CID's with evo 10's . . which cost alot more than ST's
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: credit crunch cars...   credit crunch cars... I_icon_minitimeFri May 15 2009, 13:51

RANT MODE
It was a yellow box that robbed your mate, not the police and if you can't spot a yellow box in a 30 MPH zone then maybe he deserve to get a fine. Their speedo would have said closer to 40 so what excuse is there?

The police are enforcers, they don't make the rules and often really hate them.

They don't need a powerful car, they use a helicopter for the fast stuff, it is about marketing and making headlines that say "we are still out there" when most of them have no time after the paper work to actually do their job properly.

/RANT MODE
Back to top Go down
vw_colourconcept

PostSubject: Re: credit crunch cars...   credit crunch cars... I_icon_minitimeFri May 15 2009, 16:23

no it was a police car that recorded his speed not a speed cam mate. . . police specially in watford and hemel do really take the pi** speaking from personal experience. . .
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: credit crunch cars...   credit crunch cars... I_icon_minitimeSat May 16 2009, 02:30

Ok, that would seem to make a big difference and it does in many ways but the police did not set the 30 MPH limit, nor do they set the rules that people will be caught in a 30 MPH zone. They are just told to go out there and catch them. That is part of their job.

I use to hate speed traps and yellow boxes, so I went to meetings and chats with the police to get my opinion across. I started to see that if we stopped crashing at certain places, the yellow boxes would get turned off. I then noticed that if people observed the inner town rules, traffic would be able to move better as people could get out of junctions and get up to speed safer. I realised that there was a need to set a speed limit for safety yet for some reason I thought I was a better judge, even if I was, 1000 out there were not. The easiest option is to catch them all.

When I spot something ahead that looks odd, I have time to take my foot off the accelerator and lose a few MPH. That works well for speed cameras, speed traps and children chasing a ball into the road.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: credit crunch cars...   credit crunch cars... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

credit crunch cars...
Page 1 of 1