Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A big thankyou!

Go down 
+4
vr6brew
blakey
Bazza
Fitzy
8 posters
AuthorMessage

A big thankyou! Empty
PostSubject: A big thankyou!   A big thankyou! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20 2008, 16:06

A big thankyou to Mr Goodchild, who with a bit of help from his brother put my gearbox back in and got the arthur back on the road tonight cheers

As some of you know me and james attempted this on sunday but got held back when part of the gearbox broke off as we were bolting it back up. So we left it then, untill tues when we got it back out ready for the bit that broke off to get welded back on.

I was on standby on weds, then tonight rolled round so I thought Id ring him to see where we were at with getting the box welded up. He answered saying " Ill ring ya back in 10 mins". Then ten minutes later he did.....but with the sound of my engine!. Turns out that he had been putting my car back together and had just finished! So theres me thinking that we have just got to wait to get it welded so we could put it back in on the weekend and hes already done it!

James your an absolute LEGEND!!!

Thankyou also to his brother who gave a hand, steve (3-Piece) who gave a big hand on sunday and andy (The wheelrefurbisher) who welded the box.

Im now a happy man once more afro
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

A big thankyou! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A big thankyou!   A big thankyou! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20 2008, 17:04

good show chaps!!! well done
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

A big thankyou! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A big thankyou!   A big thankyou! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21 2008, 04:51

Glad it's back running dude, well done to everyone for helping too.
Back to top Go down
blakey
Nomad
Nomad
blakey

A big thankyou! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A big thankyou!   A big thankyou! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21 2008, 05:20

good work people.
hope you can have some fun in it now mate
Back to top Go down
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

A big thankyou! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A big thankyou!   A big thankyou! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21 2008, 06:05

cheers Well pleased for you Ad, and hats off to those Wild brothers and all that helped.... cheers
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

A big thankyou! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A big thankyou!   A big thankyou! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21 2008, 06:12

thats some heavy stuff good work all round by the sounds of it!!

THIS is what NOMADS MEANS!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

A big thankyou! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A big thankyou!   A big thankyou! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21 2008, 07:46

Great story, the sort that really shows the club spirit. James, you are a legend, that was really good thing you did.
Adam, get out there and enjoy it.
Back to top Go down

A big thankyou! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A big thankyou!   A big thankyou! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21 2008, 07:59

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

A big thankyou! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A big thankyou!   A big thankyou! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21 2008, 11:34

WildGoodchild wrote:
Rolling Eyes

u love it really
Back to top Go down

A big thankyou! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A big thankyou!   A big thankyou! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21 2008, 12:08

you wana know how he paid off his debts Wink haha jokes!!
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

A big thankyou! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A big thankyou!   A big thankyou! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21 2008, 13:40

i'm ALL ears mr goodchild!!??? Please enlighten me Smile
Back to top Go down
PINKY
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
PINKY

A big thankyou! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A big thankyou!   A big thankyou! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21 2008, 13:53

ahhh good to finally hear it! whoop Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://stephanie.routledge@hotmail.co.uk

A big thankyou! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A big thankyou!   A big thankyou! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22 2008, 01:35

more masterclass from James! Adman, someone needs to give someone a big kiss as a thank you! Glad you got her back mate Smile
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

A big thankyou! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A big thankyou!   A big thankyou! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22 2008, 02:42

can i kiss him instead!!????
Back to top Go down

A big thankyou! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A big thankyou!   A big thankyou! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22 2008, 12:48

pleeassee
Back to top Go down

A big thankyou! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A big thankyou!   A big thankyou! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22 2008, 19:00

Just got in from a wicked night out

I have been in such a good mood, has been a long time since I have truely felt so happy, think its mainly down to my car being in a fit state...

..So once more thankyou james and others who helped in getting my car back on the road (3 Piece especaily)

Sorry for any spelling mistakes as im in no fit state to spell properly!!!!
Back to top Go down
brindle
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
brindle

A big thankyou! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A big thankyou!   A big thankyou! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22 2008, 19:18

Hope you werent drink driving!

James, what are you like with weber carbs??
i could do with a knight in shining armour!
Need to get it back on the road so i can use it for car hunting now that the Beemer has been declared a write off
Back to top Go down

A big thankyou! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A big thankyou!   A big thankyou! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22 2008, 19:19

I know the beemer was bad but surely not that bad???

What happened????
Back to top Go down
brindle
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
brindle

A big thankyou! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A big thankyou!   A big thankyou! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 23 2008, 07:52

Torn roof due to roll bars extending through the rear window!
Drivers side door and rear quarter were pushed in abbout 3-4inches at the point of the post that accepts the door lock.
the suspension was a bit bent too.

The main problem i think was that they took it to a main dealer for bmw in stanmore so the repair bill must have run into £2500 - 3000

I didnt have to argue much to get the final offer up from £2800 to £3250 though!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A big thankyou! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A big thankyou!   A big thankyou! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A big thankyou!
Page 1 of 1