Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

COW ROAST SITUATION

Go down 
+8
adzG60
vr6brew
Fitzy
L0WRiDE
Knighty
vwdeviant
Calimori
dapperdan
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

COW ROAST SITUATION Empty
PostSubject: COW ROAST SITUATION   COW ROAST SITUATION I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2008, 02:34

right as you may have heard lil Dave the cow roast manager is leaving
(well he's being chucked out on his ear)
for him this means he's movin to a pub in bedmond that i have been told has
a small unsuitable car park? dont know myself never been there He's alovely fella who
will happily accomodate us but i fear we are too DAMN BIG!!!!

this gives us options we can

;sit it out at the cow roast and continue as per , yes have a sit down with new manager , more lights?

; take the opertunity to upgrade to tarmac and full lights
MINTY man said some hot rod pub up abbots which is a bit closer
for some further for others this needs to be investigated

; what we deffo need is car friendly pub/manager with the right attitude.
we as a club represent a good nites takings for a pub so they should be 'nice'

i am not keeen on frequenting public car parks after dark
i am too old and have zero patience for CHAV'S-POLICE-no food or drink

i think we can do better than that!

let the bun fight begin!
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: COW ROAST SITUATION   COW ROAST SITUATION I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2008, 03:03

Dan, we have always agreed on these matters. To really make these meets valuable we need food, drink with some indoor option. This makes the partners come and the meets have a good social side to them too. Lights would be excellent but the size of car park is more important as otherwise we don't all fit.

The Cow Roast has been a great place for us, the food is good and my partner certainly liked it. The size of the car park was also good. Let us try the sit down with the new manager anyway as we won't necessarily find a few venue very quickly.

Then lets start a search for an alternative as we might be lucky and find the perfect place.

I really would like the main monthly meet to not be at a public car park, we are better than that and should push for higher quality meets.
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: COW ROAST SITUATION   COW ROAST SITUATION I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2008, 03:11

Same as, would have liked to stay with Dave but if his new place can't accomodate us. Sad

Think we should try and sit down with new managers, explain what we are about and that we're willing (and already have) to put effort into car-park etc. Sure that as soon as they see that we're not a bunch of Charvers who will cause them grief it'll be ok.

Only drawback is if the brewery want to turn it into some "Gastro-pub" then I don't think we'll be too welcome! Wink

While we're doing this why not move the Planned October Sunday Meet to the Hot-Rod place to give it a once over, just in case we need a plan-B? pirat
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: COW ROAST SITUATION   COW ROAST SITUATION I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2008, 03:44

Only drawback is if the brewery want to turn it into some "Gastro-pub" then I don't think we'll be too welcome! Wink

this is my concern they love a bit of piontless expensive food pubs rounds ere

i like the cow roast but its basically down to what they want?

While we're doing this why not move the Planned October Sunday Meet to the Hot-Rod place to give it a once over, just in case we need a plan-B? pirat[/quote]

this sounds like a good idea always good to have plan-B and its a bit closer for some nomads
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: COW ROAST SITUATION   COW ROAST SITUATION I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2008, 03:49

See can be quite sensible... for a cap-wearer! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Knighty
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: COW ROAST SITUATION   COW ROAST SITUATION I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2008, 09:23

I know South Mimms are quite accomodating.

An online club I frequent for another marque has south mimms blessing. The usual rules apply no dickhead behaviour etc. Carpark, with coffee/food close and quite easy to get to.

The lot I talk about are generally younger than the nomads and with it comes the youthful knack of getting easily excited and being a bit loud. Its always well attended and no trouble so far.

What I'm getting at is I'm sure they would be open to negotaite with the Nomads, as generaly the forum members are slightly older and more sensible.

You definately need to speak to management though, the current organiser of my other dirty little habit has always been upfront with them and it seems to go down well.

Stu
Back to top Go down
L0WRiDE
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
L0WRiDE

PostSubject: Re: COW ROAST SITUATION   COW ROAST SITUATION I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2008, 12:06

MINTY man's one does sound good, close, used to loud noise! with the rodders there.
i think with pubs as long as we buy drinks they will be happy,
Back to top Go down
http://www.thrashed-racing.co.uk
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: COW ROAST SITUATION   COW ROAST SITUATION I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2008, 13:23

dan , i'll pop down to the cow roast and meet up with the new manager and have meeting with him/her

do u fancy comin dubdread??
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: COW ROAST SITUATION   COW ROAST SITUATION I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2008, 16:28

Let me know as well, I can look really normal if I try hard and have experience making grown men and woman cry. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: COW ROAST SITUATION   COW ROAST SITUATION I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2008, 01:20

right.

The swan, pimlico.

My mates dads just taken over that pub. I think this is the hot rod place to.

No noise and it's fine for good. Letme no n I'll find out more
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: COW ROAST SITUATION   COW ROAST SITUATION I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2008, 02:05

Fitzy wrote:
dan , i'll pop down to the cow roast and meet up with the new manager and have meeting with him/her

do u fancy comin dubdread??

i think you and CALI will be fine ,
i am tryin to lower my profile there are others who should have a go anyway

WELL , firstly as far as i am aware dave is workin at the cow roast till end of the month, which i pressume means the new person takes over then , this could be a little tight for negotiating

for me personnally i feel we should out of loyalty to DAVE (our 1st NOMAD landlord) NOT meet there till we have tried out some (hopefully) better options.

obviously if we fall short we can approach the new managment see wa gwan ?

so lets look into all options? but remember we need to be able to park 30 cars
Back to top Go down
vr6brew
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
vr6brew

PostSubject: Re: COW ROAST SITUATION   COW ROAST SITUATION I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2008, 03:36

Fitzy/Cali... i would be up for attending any such meeting to give support, i agree with all thats been said and think we have to get on this soon as... the Swan in pimlico should be investigated as this sounds ideal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: COW ROAST SITUATION   COW ROAST SITUATION I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2008, 04:52

why not just do our monthly meets up wally world (jarmens) , its got good space, locals wont mind us, and a 5 start resturant situated in the car park too, what more do you want cheers

Razz J O K E S
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: COW ROAST SITUATION   COW ROAST SITUATION I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2008, 05:00

did luke say something?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: COW ROAST SITUATION   COW ROAST SITUATION I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2008, 05:07

Dubsy wrote:
why not just do our monthly meets up wally world (jarmens) , its got good space, locals wont mind us, and a 5 start resturant situated in the car park too, what more do you want cheers

Razz J O K E S

yer he did Razz
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: COW ROAST SITUATION   COW ROAST SITUATION I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2008, 05:16

1st Mod to gain a 1-day ban from Forum for comments like that! Laughing

Best route I can see at the moment is:

James/ and whoever, have a chat with Landlord at Swan, if all ok then run this as venue for the Sunday meeting and check it out. If all ok we move there.

If it doesn't check out then we just decend on the Cow as per usual next month, feign complete surprise that there's no Dave behind the bar and then negotiate with 30+ Cars sat in his car-park and a pub full of Nomads! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: COW ROAST SITUATION   COW ROAST SITUATION I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2008, 05:34

very constructive !

jarman is my fuel stop ONLY

you'll have to go up there another time pull yer 16 yr olds!!!
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: COW ROAST SITUATION   COW ROAST SITUATION I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2008, 05:35

I hear you Dan, it would be great to support Dave in this but if his new gaff doesn't hold us then we have to find another solution. Let's keep our options open, if the new LL doesn't arrive until the end of next month then we can do Nov there and try to sort things out for Dec (Christ, is December that close????).

Pimlico is close, let me see if I can go and take a sneaky, not tonight though....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: COW ROAST SITUATION   COW ROAST SITUATION I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2008, 06:50

only joking mate

Love you really (haha)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: COW ROAST SITUATION   COW ROAST SITUATION I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2008, 16:46

i was actually joking, hope you know
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: COW ROAST SITUATION   COW ROAST SITUATION I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2008, 01:42

Dubsy wrote:

Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: COW ROAST SITUATION   COW ROAST SITUATION I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2008, 04:26

I hope I was joking too.
Hold on, what are we joking about?
Very Happy Group hug. What a Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: COW ROAST SITUATION   COW ROAST SITUATION I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2008, 05:01

vwdeviant wrote:
Dubsy wrote:

Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: COW ROAST SITUATION   COW ROAST SITUATION I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2008, 05:06

sounds like dubsy and jimi need to get a room?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: COW ROAST SITUATION   COW ROAST SITUATION I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2008, 05:08

whos jimi?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COW ROAST SITUATION   COW ROAST SITUATION I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

COW ROAST SITUATION
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next