Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

South Mimms meets start up again?

Go down 
+2
Calimori
Bazza
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

South Mimms meets start up again? Empty
PostSubject: South Mimms meets start up again?   South Mimms meets start up again? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02 2008, 16:15

Seeing that possibly our meet place COULD be coming to an end. I would like to put forward an idea for people to think over. My idea is to start up the South Mimms meets again, what do you all think?
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: South Mimms meets start up again?   South Mimms meets start up again? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03 2008, 00:29

What did I miss? Is the Cow Roast having problems with us?
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: South Mimms meets start up again?   South Mimms meets start up again? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03 2008, 02:58

Er yeah Wazzup with the Cowroast?

As the organiser of the old S-mimms meets it's not the most ideal place for a winter meeting mate, cars are generally too far away from the service station buildings if the weathers rubbish...

I chose that as a starting place to try and drive some attendees then we looked for a better place to go, but all kind of died on it's ass...
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net

PostSubject: Re: South Mimms meets start up again?   South Mimms meets start up again? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03 2008, 04:25

well ive heard dave of the cowroast is moving to another pub in abbots langers, i dont think we've been asked to move on (well yet anyways) maybe take it as it comes? we'll always find a place surely?
Back to top Go down
L0WRiDE
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
L0WRiDE

PostSubject: Re: South Mimms meets start up again?   South Mimms meets start up again? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03 2008, 06:17

as i said on thurs meet topic i herd bad things coming from behind bar last nite about us all..
southmimms bit far for at herts meet????
with rubbish uk weather its going to be hard to find some where,
Back to top Go down
http://www.thrashed-racing.co.uk
minty "TIMMY"
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
minty

PostSubject: Re: South Mimms meets start up again?   South Mimms meets start up again? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03 2008, 06:22

pimlico just betwwen bebmand and hemel,there a pub there called the swan, new landload and i go in there quite a bit,he has said we can go down there,car park same size as cow rost,he also has street rods and hotrod clubs meeting up there,going to talk to him prop this eve about it but think it could be a good one?? cus no chavs or police turning up! what ya think chaps?????? plus pools only 50p!
Back to top Go down
L0WRiDE
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
L0WRiDE

PostSubject: Re: South Mimms meets start up again?   South Mimms meets start up again? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03 2008, 06:30

minty polo wrote:
plus pools only 50p!

im there, not that i can play pool well!!!! mine and cal's game that when on for an age at mattys bday!

sounds like a gd place,
Back to top Go down
http://www.thrashed-racing.co.uk
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: South Mimms meets start up again?   South Mimms meets start up again? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03 2008, 06:59

If we have any problems with the people to work at the Cow Roast, I really think we should sit down with them and have a chat and sort out any concerns we have. The venue is good, the food is great, the parking large and whilst it is dark we are still enjoying it.
What comments did you hear?
Back to top Go down
PINKY
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
PINKY

PostSubject: Re: South Mimms meets start up again?   South Mimms meets start up again? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05 2008, 13:40

I heard the landlord of the roast was moving..so we have to move too!
Back to top Go down
http://stephanie.routledge@hotmail.co.uk
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: South Mimms meets start up again?   South Mimms meets start up again? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2008, 01:52

Has any-one been over and actually talked to Dave yet?

Shame as it's a good venue, but if it's closer to the M25 then all good for me! Smile
Back to top Go down
minty "TIMMY"
Event Organiser
Event Organiser
minty

PostSubject: Re: South Mimms meets start up again?   South Mimms meets start up again? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2008, 10:02

spoke to my mate and he said yes.. so its up too you guys and girls now,you up for it??
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: South Mimms meets start up again?   South Mimms meets start up again? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2008, 10:26

Minty, got a postcode fo rit so I can see how I get there? Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: South Mimms meets start up again?   South Mimms meets start up again? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

South Mimms meets start up again?
Page 1 of 1