Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nomads Run What You Brung

Go down 
+13
Bazza
vr6brew
looner
purdx
dapperdan
SumpScraper
spooner
Knighty
vwdeviant
Calimori
EditiononeG60
L0WRiDE
Fitzy
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Fitzy
Fitzy

Nomads Run What You Brung Empty
PostSubject: Nomads Run What You Brung   Nomads Run What You Brung I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02 2008, 13:20

Woz thinkin it would be a laugh to do................pitch our dubs against the other crap out there!!!! hahahaha!!!

Its on Sunday 12th October at Santapod

Usually £15-£20 for as many runs as u want...............if the weather is poo we can always go on the 26th

And remember.................u dont need a fast car to have fun

WHOS UP 4 IT!!!!!????

Last edited by Fitzy on Sun Oct 12 2008, 11:56; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
L0WRiDE
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
L0WRiDE

PostSubject: Re: Nomads Run What You Brung   Nomads Run What You Brung I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02 2008, 13:29

if i hav a car i will be there
Back to top Go down
http://www.thrashed-racing.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Nomads Run What You Brung   Nomads Run What You Brung I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02 2008, 13:32

yer game on!

considering our rolling road day didnt work out this year!!
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: Nomads Run What You Brung   Nomads Run What You Brung I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02 2008, 13:36

this is so much easier to sort out............as its pay on the day, so no money up front

we'll have a small prize for fastest time of the day!!! and slowest !!!
Back to top Go down
EditiononeG60
Nomad
Nomad
EditiononeG60

PostSubject: Re: Nomads Run What You Brung   Nomads Run What You Brung I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02 2008, 15:55

I would love to get the G up the pod

but my inconsiderate mum was born then......rubbish

wonder if she will put it on hold till the following weekend ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Nomads Run What You Brung   Nomads Run What You Brung I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02 2008, 16:19

Let me see where I am because if I have my engine sorted I would love to do this, Knighty can bring his rice burner and we can have a little comp. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nomads Run What You Brung   Nomads Run What You Brung I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02 2008, 18:04

Im def up for this as the rolling road day went t*ts up, shame I dont think the charger will be on untill the end of october....Will be good for a before and after test tho!
Back to top Go down
vwdeviant
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
vwdeviant

PostSubject: Re: Nomads Run What You Brung   Nomads Run What You Brung I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03 2008, 01:53

AdamVR6 wrote:
Im def up for this as the rolling road day went t*ts up, shame I dont think the charger will be on untill the end of october....Will be good for a before and after test tho!

Charger??? affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-corrado.net

PostSubject: Re: Nomads Run What You Brung   Nomads Run What You Brung I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03 2008, 04:30

i would, but i dont want to put the valver through ragging it up a strip. may do it once. to get a couple of times down. but no need personally. but id love to watch Very Happy

im boring i know. but my car means alot to me.

dubsy
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: Nomads Run What You Brung   Nomads Run What You Brung I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03 2008, 14:16

i know wot u mean mate.............there will be a few of u guys in that frame of mind and i dont blame u ..........but then again , we will always need someone 2 film the dubs racin for the website!!!!
Back to top Go down
Knighty
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: Nomads Run What You Brung   Nomads Run What You Brung I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04 2008, 08:52

Calimori wrote:
Let me see where I am because if I have my engine sorted I would love to do this, Knighty can bring his rice burner and we can have a little comp. Very Happy

Yeah it needs the cobwebs blown from it! I havemt been down the strip for at least 2 years and never in the boil in the bag I have now. Its been finished over a year now too!

Be ready for lots of disjointed waiting in the fire up road though.
Its worth it.
Unfortunately the chavs like to hear the 12 exhausts thay have rasp off of the walls for 20 odd seconds a time...

A tip here is if you break it and need recovery get towed out of the pod. the local recovery agents refuse to recover you if they think you've been racing.
I snapped a driveshaft on my old 4 door VTi and the brother towed me to the next village and we parked the car facing the pod and said it broke on the way there that morning.
He didnt beleive us and after 2 hours of argueing he reluctantly agreed to take me home.

But back on topic, I'm up for it.

Stu
Back to top Go down
spooner
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: Nomads Run What You Brung   Nomads Run What You Brung I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04 2008, 09:12

might run the company car!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: Nomads Run What You Brung   Nomads Run What You Brung I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07 2008, 11:07

cool we should have a good crowd goin

1)fitzy
2)spooner
3)The wildchild
4)Knighty
5)AdamVR
6)LOWRIDE
7)Cali.........maybe???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nomads Run What You Brung   Nomads Run What You Brung I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07 2008, 11:12

Fitzy wrote:
cool we should have a good crowd goin

1)fitzy
2)spooner
3)The wildchild
4)Knighty
5)AdamVR
6)LOWRIDE
7)Cali.........maybe???

8 ) Dubsy? Do i do it? love my car too much, and know what its capable of. Also dont want to be losing to chavs in the Pauxhall whorsa running red top turbos that have put them up to there eyes in debt. i dont want to entertain that sort of thing.

hmmm scratch
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: Nomads Run What You Brung   Nomads Run What You Brung I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07 2008, 11:19

u can come in ur car................if u dont want to go up the strip.........dont........simple!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nomads Run What You Brung   Nomads Run What You Brung I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07 2008, 11:25

Fitzy wrote:
u can come in ur car................if u dont want to go up the strip.........dont........simple!

yer i know fitz, il probs come up anyways!
Back to top Go down
SumpScraper
Nomad
Nomad
SumpScraper

PostSubject: Re: Nomads Run What You Brung   Nomads Run What You Brung I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07 2008, 15:10

Fitzy lets see what them non-gti can do
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: Nomads Run What You Brung   Nomads Run What You Brung I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08 2008, 02:27

Fitzy wrote:

no no no fitzy !you are clearly sayin we have to!!!! and WELL i shall have to check my calender!

i have a feeling i am picking my lovely wife up from a jewelery fair that day

we will see
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nomads Run What You Brung   Nomads Run What You Brung I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08 2008, 03:48

dubdread wrote:
Fitzy wrote:

no no no fitzy !you are clearly sayin we have to!!!! and WELL i shall have to check my calender!

i have a feeling i am picking my lovely wife up from a jewelery fair that day

we will see

be good if ol dan can go, show some of them chavs whos boss! i may even go up the strip if the mk2 is set up on the dyno by then, show these chavs mk2's can still run it!
Back to top Go down
Knighty
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: Nomads Run What You Brung   Nomads Run What You Brung I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08 2008, 09:11

Its worth it for a chilled day and seeing a variety of cars you wouldnt normally see. When I used to go alot, there were skylines, to 20T sciroccos, to hot rods, a capri with V8 and a Morris Minor with a V12.

Lots of bike action, and some of those dudes defy beleif.

Bank on lots of noise, smells (both inside and outside the car if you're running) and a chilled atmos.

Plus, if you see a mate on the line, its cool to cheer them on. or diss them if they select reverse when the tree goes green.... Thats happened loads.

And its only as hard on the car as you want to be. You can get a feel for it, take it semi easy. No one says you have to give it the balls on every run.

Obviously I will have to meet you there, but will be cheering the nomads from the fire up lane/stands.

Is teh date still October?

Stu
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nomads Run What You Brung   Nomads Run What You Brung I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08 2008, 09:47

this does sound tempting, but i know my luck with the valver, something will go wrong on it haha!

wouldnt mind getting a couple of times for it though!
Back to top Go down
purdx
Nomad
Nomad
purdx

PostSubject: Re: Nomads Run What You Brung   Nomads Run What You Brung I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09 2008, 01:39

Fitzy, sign me up mate!!

I'll be back and will have got a full service done by then so she'll be flying!!!!

1)fitzy
2)spooner
3)The wildchild
4)Knighty
5)AdamVR
6)LOWRIDE
7)Cali.........maybe???
8)Purdx
Back to top Go down
looner
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
looner

PostSubject: Re: Nomads Run What You Brung   Nomads Run What You Brung I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09 2008, 05:26

Yeah I am up for this one! should be good fun!
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: Nomads Run What You Brung   Nomads Run What You Brung I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09 2008, 06:59

purdx wrote:
Fitzy, sign me up mate!!

I'll be back and will have got a full service done by then so she'll be flying!!!!

1)fitzy
2)spooner
3)The wildchild
4)Knighty
5)AdamVR
6)LOWRIDE
7)Cali.........maybe???
8)Purdx

YEAH nice to have u on board again!!!

1.8 8v carb MK2 jetta vs 1.8 8v injection mk3 golf.......................place ur bets now please!!
Back to top Go down
SumpScraper
Nomad
Nomad
SumpScraper

PostSubject: Re: Nomads Run What You Brung   Nomads Run What You Brung I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09 2008, 12:22

1)fitzy
2)spooner
3)The wildchild
4)Knighty
5)AdamVR
6)LOWRIDE
7)Cali.........maybe???
8)Purdx
9)SumpScraper

Fitzy how about mk2 jetta 1.8 8v carb vs mk2 golf 1.6 8v carb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nomads Run What You Brung   Nomads Run What You Brung I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nomads Run What You Brung
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next