Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on

Go down 
+11
dapperdan
CADDYANDY
L0WRiDE
vr6brew
Calimori
Bazza
Fitzy
Liam_R
adzG60
vwdeviant
yeti
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
yeti

Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21 2009, 05:57

cheers pete - if my new welding set doesnt arrive this weekend then i will probably look to design and make up my new gearbox and front engine mount at a mates workshop using his welder.

o this is the state of play with the car atm ... been having fun with a grinder/sander/chisel/spot drill and hammer Very Happy (pretty much copy and pasted from the corrado forum thread i have going)... this was once such a nice looking car! lol

no1 - cut a bloody big hole in the middle then slowly remove spot welds front and rear to take out most of the wheel well panel

Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 DSC00965

no2 drill the spot welds out down the side of the arch and floor to remove the top of the chassis leg cover panel and remove with hammer and chisel v carefully and we cut excess off as we got a bit more done so it came out in pieces

Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 DSC00978

no 3 do the same on the other side... looks like cheese but have been careful to only go through the sacrificial panels with the spot weld drill on 95% of welds :gag: ... takes soooo long

Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 DSC00980

Your then left with this

Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 DSC00979

Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 DSC00977

with a lot more careful cutting/sanding/drilling/chiseling you get to this stage - note the state of the wheel arch - previous owners fitted autochangers straight through the wheel arch so it rusted out and best of all they drilled and self tapped straight through the fuel filler neck - lucky i'm still here!

Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 DSC00984

Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 DSC00983

Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 DSC00982

Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 DSC00985

All so i can fit this ... this is how i picked it up (the subframe has already been stripped and fitted with the new arms.. luckily for anyone whos thinking of this... the mk2 syncro/rayyle cetral frame are the same and they can accept the trailing arms of the mk3 vr6 syncro which have a wider track as per the original vr 2wd rear axle

Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 DSC00956

this is the rear floor after 10 - 15 hours or so of spot drilling and panel seperating!

Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 DSC00969

and this is the rear beam after i stripped it and fitted mk3 vr6 synhcro trialing arms

Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 DSC00957

And i have this sitting in my garage now

Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 Garage

Which'll look like this when done afro

Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 Custom_corrado

Last edited by yeti on Thu May 21 2009, 15:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
looner
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
looner

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21 2009, 06:20

Nice one dude,

Cant wait until its finsihed!
LOL! Still quite a bit to do though.
Back to top Go down
yeti

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21 2009, 06:23

well i've jsut found out that the welder wont arrive till tuesday... arse, so bracket design and i'll start wiring instead! Shocked
Back to top Go down
looner
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
looner

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21 2009, 07:40

yeti wrote:
well i've jsut found out that the welder wont arrive till tuesday... arse, so bracket design and i'll start wiring instead! Shocked

Sounds like you will be having fun dude,I wish I could lend a hand but I am pretty much tied up the whole weekend, having friends out from overseas.
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21 2009, 08:31

WOW what a thread affraid , me likey Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21 2009, 12:12

Insane, keep it up. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21 2009, 14:22

This things gonna be one bad mo fo! Cant wait to see it on the road!

afro
Back to top Go down
yeti

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21 2009, 15:27

Cheers guys -yeah a little bit crazy but you've got to be to get the car i want at the end, plus its alot of fun!

I just cant wait till its done and i can drive the beastie, at least if i wire her up i can then look at getting all the ancilleries plumbed in next and the i can work out how to arrange everything in the bay - want it arranged like a mk4 for a factory look so lots of little custom brackets everywhere Mad but tbh i kind of like that sort of fabbing as providing i over engineer it (i usually do Laughing ) then theres little chance they'll ever move!

O and i decided to use the climatronic aircon now... it feels nice Cool basically i'm 'fixing' all the things that i thought were wrong about the corrado... adding more toys and getting rid of those useless rear seats!
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21 2009, 17:27

yeti wrote:
........ and getting rid of those useless rear seats!

You mean those "token" seats................. good idea, less weight too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 23 2009, 02:48

u are mental....................
Back to top Go down
yeti

PostSubject: Passat lowered more and satin'd the roof   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01 2009, 16:08

i've spent a bit of time in the sun recently... think its affected my brain, decided the passat needed some love at the weekend

i've lowered the 'sat another 20mm at the front and 12mm out back, o and i had some annoying stone chips on the roof that had started to rust so decided to strip it, treat the rust and satin blacked the roof Very Happy ... just realised i'll have had it a year at the end of this month, not a bad lil transformation,

this is how i bought it, added clear repeaters and gave a much needed wash... (look at the gap between the arches!! lol)

Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 DSC00628

to this... Cool

Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 Frontnow

this is the rear arch gap now! lol... still got 5mm more to wind down but i need to roll the arches this week as i'm taking it to belgium saturday!

Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 DSC01002
Back to top Go down
Jonesmark12
Nomad
Nomad
Jonesmark12

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05 2009, 02:25

It can go lower dude! as we now both know!

You better be doing it tonight though and not tomorrow morning!! Razz

Will get camera ready tonighjt for road trip madness to charlys! You ordered another sump from vw too?! bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05 2009, 16:24

and changeed it to lefthand drive and made to number plate back to front lol!
but on a serious not look good!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05 2009, 13:05

We saw that black rapid rado up santa today.....then we started saying how mad yours will be....

..any updates?

Hope all is going well!
Back to top Go down
yeti

PostSubject: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17 2009, 15:18

Evenin!

It was great to see everyone at ed, even if i didnt get as much time there to chill with all nomads like i wanted!

Ok its been a while girls and boys, sorry i've not been v sociable recently! This is changing now though so i will see everyone at the cow roast at the start of next month cheers

Right cars... firstly, oops! bought my 350z, crashed it within 3 weeks, getting it back next week though so its all good. Embarassed

More importantly Corrado, Ed the dog traning girly haired legend has been weilding his torch like a good'un (he's a master welder and fabricator, i just make a horrible mess he has to clean up if i play with the welder!) Fortunately for the corrado he's taking the summer off from work and we've been chopping the rear all round so the new floor now looks factory, yes peeps, its in.

M2MEW is now officially has a 4wd chassis Very Happy

The rear rallye beam has also been chopped around and converted to take the haldex diff so within the next month it'll be a fully rolling chassis with the engine and box trial fitted so i can make up all the custom brackets needed to make the bay look like a mk4!

I'm away on holibobs next week but when i'm back i'll take lots of pics to show the beastie - tbh theres not much to see cos it all looks like its meant to be there Very Happy ... wel actually the floor is about 3" higher than the standard corrado's

O and also, the nice minty leathers have been sold on to fund bits, would have been nice to keep them but tbh the cage will be going where the rear seats went Twisted Evil

Also, Adz, i'll give you a shout when i;m back as atm the brakes are still on the car... It might be getting some rather large brembo's all round soon - one of the good things of hunting round jap forums now Smile so the R32 stoppers will be up for sale as well
Back to top Go down
dapperdan
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
dapperdan

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18 2009, 02:03

GWAN big guy, keep pluggin away ;-)
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18 2009, 02:16

Great news about the rado dude, keep going and keep the updates coming.

Oh and it will be nice to see you also next month lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04 2009, 16:40

Glad its all moving on swiftly! Cant wait to see pics.....get some up soon!

Just let me know about the brakes, im not in a major rush.....got a remap booked in for the 23rd so funds are bit low at the moment!

See you at the next meet Smile
Back to top Go down
Fitzy
Fitzy

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05 2009, 05:27

good work mr yeti!!!

that is one hell of a project and fair play to u!! - make most of our 'project' cars look like a stroll in the park!!
Back to top Go down
yeti

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05 2009, 13:45

not at all matt! i think i'm just doing all in one go now what most sane people might try and do over a few years... but tbh now the floors done this really is not much more difficult than refitting a standard vr, just like most of us nomads i'm just having a go and seeing what happens... with a lot of researching Very Happy

ok so heres a few more...

heres the floor once i had it shot blasted by terry next door and i'd covered it in weld through primer

Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 Floor_blasted_primed_2

Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 Floor_blasted_primed_4

had to unstich the drivers side chassis rail from the floor to fit it in (re welded it once the main part of the floor was in).. as you can see we've tried to be as neat as humanly possible with a spot weld drill and a 1/4" chissel... long winded but accurate

Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 Floor_blasted_primed_3

gonna upload the rest of the pics from my phone this eve (need to find my cable)
Back to top Go down
Gricey
Nomad
Nomad
Gricey

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05 2009, 14:31

looking really smart wish i had the time money and patients to be as methodical with it do a proper job , just keep your hand well clear of that drill bit trust me i have a scar to prove the pain they cause
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruise-herts.net
yeti

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05 2009, 14:42

Gricey wrote:
looking really smart wish i had the time money and patients to be as methodical with it do a proper job , just keep your hand well clear of that drill bit trust me i have a scar to prove the pain they cause

ha ha yeah we were lucky, the studidest thing we've done so far was to braise some 8mm bar on to the back of a standard spot drill as some are right in a corner and it broke on full wack in an 18v drill... flew past my face before i knew what had happened Shocked
Back to top Go down
Bazza
Nomad Crew
Nomad Crew
Bazza

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06 2009, 17:07

Yeti you are a legend Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07 2009, 01:13

Yeti is a mechanical beast!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on   Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yo!! I'm back!... floors in, projects back on
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2