Nomads VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomads VW

The Hertfordshire based VAG owners car club

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

For James!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
looner
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
looner

For James!!! Empty
PostSubject: For James!!!   For James!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21 2008, 05:13

Hey james this is what you need for your engine dude, espicialy now that you are going to start running big boost. This is exactly the type I used on my 16V turbo. Its a HKS super sequential BOV. All you will need to do is get your engine manigment reprogramed, you would need to do that anyway to get the most out of your new turbo.

P
HKS SSQ
Back to top Go down
looner
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
looner

For James!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: For James!!!   For James!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21 2008, 05:23

Here is another one, this is exactly how mine used to sound!

2lt 16V still rule!

SSQ Bov
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

For James!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: For James!!!   For James!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21 2008, 07:36

Personally, I will be going cold side reciruclating once I have replaced the crank-vent hose mess I currently have. Keep those already compressed gasses and take the cold ones too.
Back to top Go down
looner
Nomad Junkie
Nomad Junkie
looner

For James!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: For James!!!   For James!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21 2008, 08:23

For mild applications I would agree, however when you start running big boost, you run into the turbo flutter/stall problem, becuase the presure is so great and the recirculation to quick at huge boost, you land up stalling the turbo. Which can lead to broken veins and major damage. Thats why the Jap crews remove the the recirculating setup on the supras.

It is easy enough to work out, it just alows you run much bigger turbo setups. I saw this on a friends S3.
Back to top Go down

For James!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: For James!!!   For James!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21 2008, 10:03

hmmmm i want to ditch alouf of stuff on my engine.. make it look cleaner!!!
Back to top Go down
Calimori
Admin
Admin
Calimori

For James!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: For James!!!   For James!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21 2008, 10:13

I have thought about ditching the secondary air system, you do however get a tractor noise to start with until it warms. There is a lot of bypasses and oil traps you can do. Once I put my list together we should have a chat and see where it goes. Very Happy
What turbo have you got?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

For James!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: For James!!!   For James!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For James!!!
Page 1 of 1